• Salesforce.com Certified Force.com Developer

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

Using "Opportunity Id" how to fetch Account, Opportunity & Contact fields.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I'm working with Partner APIs and for integration purpose, For a Salesforce account, I've received the Sobjects and its fields.
For sOjbects: Lead, Contact, Case, Event and Account, I fetch fields details for these and found that createdbyid, CreatedDate, LastModifiedById, and LastModifiedDate fields of these objects have Createable property as true for this Salesforce account.
According to Salesforce documentation and UI, we can't modify the createable status to true for these system fields.

Is there any way to modify the createable to true for these system fields?

Please help me to identify it, as I haven't found a way for modifying it or why Salesforce Partner API return its value to true.
Can we use Changesets to deploy components from one Production Environment to another Production Environment ?
Hi Experts
I want to move Send an Email button from related list to top of Cases detail page, and near to Edit button(standard button).

Or Can I create a Custom button has same function and behavior with Send an Email button?

Because the Send an Email button always in the bottom of the screen, it is hard to find.

Thanks you so much.
Before a task can be saved the user must choose Yes or No. I have no errors but I am still able to save the task with out choosing Yes or No. What am I missing? 

AND(
No__c = TRUE,
OR(
Yes__c = TRUE
)
)
I have a Visualforce page ( Missing Field Report) that captures fields that do not contain data on all opportunities. I would like to create a report showing what fields are missing data as well as the corresponding opportunity. 

Can I create a report from a Visualforce page? 

Hi All,

I have requirement :

• Add a "Directions" button on the restaurant mobile page,"Directions" button should pass the restaurant's location to the device's selected mapping app.
    Once this button is tapped, the user should be prompted to select their mapping app

So Using VF page(Salesforce1) how can i open Mapping app  like Waze, Google Maps, and Apple Maps (iOS only) etc ?

Thanks,
Raj
Hi All,

I had changed Email template for "Forgot Password" as VF Email Template that contains a VF Component in Salesforce Community.
But when that VF Email Template -->VF Component have controller then email is not sent out.
If i remove controller from VF component and it's working fine.
Here is component code:
<apex:component controller="UserInfoCntrl" access="global" allowDML="true">

</apex:component>

Here is Controller Code for component :
global class UserInfoCntrl{

}

Did any one familiar with that issues?

Thanks,
Rajendra

Hi All,

We have integrated amazon s3 in salesforce.
Now we want to allow user to search amazon s3 files by full text search like searching inside the content of pdf, word etc files that are hosted in Amazon S3 server.

Can anyone let know how to perform searching  inside the  contents of a s3 file.

Thanks,
Rajendra

I'm trying to change User Profile Photo from a Profile Photo url.

So to get a image body from image url i'm make a http request on that url like:

HttpRequest req= new HttpRequest();
req.setEndPoint(currentUser.Profile_Photo_Url__c);
 req.setMethod('GET');
Http http =  new Http();
HttpResponse res = new HttpResponse();

res = http.send(req);
ConnectApi.ChatterUsers.setPhoto(null, currentUser.id, new ConnectApi.BinaryInput(res.getBodyAsBlob(), 'image/jpg', UserInfo.getLastName()+'.jpg'));

But the Profile Picture url may be from Facebook,Yahoo,Google+, Linkedin etc and before make a http request that End Point url required in Remote Site Setting.

Can anyone please let me know  how can i set endpoint url in remote site setting at  runtime using apex code.
Also is there any other way to download image from url and change User profile photo from Url?

Thanks
Hi All,

I have requirement :

• Add a "Directions" button on the restaurant mobile page,"Directions" button should pass the restaurant's location to the device's selected mapping app.
    Once this button is tapped, the user should be prompted to select their mapping app

So Using VF page(Salesforce1) how can i open Mapping app  like Waze, Google Maps, and Apple Maps (iOS only) etc ?

Thanks,
Raj
Hi All,

I had changed Email template for "Forgot Password" as VF Email Template that contains a VF Component in Salesforce Community.
But when that VF Email Template -->VF Component have controller then email is not sent out.
If i remove controller from VF component and it's working fine.
Here is component code:
<apex:component controller="UserInfoCntrl" access="global" allowDML="true">

</apex:component>

Here is Controller Code for component :
global class UserInfoCntrl{

}

Did any one familiar with that issues?

Thanks,
Rajendra

For some reason this fails - q.QuoteLineItems is null. Can someone tell me why?

@isTest
private class QuoteTest {

static Account A;
   static Opportunity o;
   static Quote q;
   static Product2 p;
   static PriceBookEntry pe;
   static OpportunityLineItem oli;
   static QuoteLineItem qli;

static {
       a = new Account(name = 'Test account', Jurisdiction__c = 'Denmark', currencyIsoCode = 'DKK');
       insert a;

o = new Opportunity(name = 'Test opportunity', AccountId = a.id, closeDate = date.today(), stageName = 'Demonstration Scheduled');
       insert o;

p = new Product2(name = 'Test product', type__c = 'Subscription', limits__c='a;b\nc;d');
       insert p;

Id pbId = Test.getStandardPricebookId();

pe = new PriceBookEntry(PriceBook2Id = pbId, Product2Id = p.id, UnitPrice = 100, IsActive = true);
       insert pe;

oli = new OpportunityLineItem(OpportunityId = o.id, Quantity = 1, PricebookEntryId = pe.id, totalPrice = 200);
       insert oli;

q = new Quote(name = 'Test quote', OpportunityId = o.id, PriceBook2Id = pbId);
       insert q;

qli = new QuoteLineItem(QuoteId = q.id, PriceBookentryId = pe.Id, Quantity = 1, UnitPrice = 1);
       insert qli; 
       System.debug(q);
       System.debug(qli);
       System.debug(q.QuoteLineItems);
   }

User-added image
Hi All,

Using "Opportunity Id" how to fetch Account, Opportunity & Contact fields.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I am setting up an email template which I will distibute to colleagues and customers.  In some cases my colleagues have been entered into the system in upper case e.g JOHN SMITH which means that when I start the email with...

"Hi {!Contact.FirstName}" it is returning "Hi JOHN".  What I would like it to do is display as "Hi John".

I am not an administrator of the system so I would like to force the test into the correct case rather than edit the data at source.

Any ideas?
Hi All,

I want to update the few fields of converted leads. So can you guys please help me and let me know how can update it. 

Thanks in advance
Hi All,

We have integrated amazon s3 in salesforce.
Now we want to allow user to search amazon s3 files by full text search like searching inside the content of pdf, word etc files that are hosted in Amazon S3 server.

Can anyone let know how to perform searching  inside the  contents of a s3 file.

Thanks,
Rajendra

Hi,

I'm working with Partner APIs and for integration purpose, For a Salesforce account, I've received the Sobjects and its fields.
For sOjbects: Lead, Contact, Case, Event and Account, I fetch fields details for these and found that createdbyid, CreatedDate, LastModifiedById, and LastModifiedDate fields of these objects have Createable property as true for this Salesforce account.
According to Salesforce documentation and UI, we can't modify the createable status to true for these system fields.

Please help me to identify it, as I haven't found a way for modifying it or why Salesforce Partner API return its value to true.
Hi 
I have requirment how to integrate with quckbooks with salesforce
in have a generated wsdl  from quickbook and created a classes from this wsdl now I have stuck for next steps

I am new to this concept integration

Please help me out 

Thanks
  • September 14, 2015
Hello

I am facing a major challenge in prepopulating values in a custom lookup field from a URL (I am redirected to a new record standard page)
URL :
https://cs10.salesforce.com/001/e?acc2=Greg+Hewitt&CF00NJ0000001x7yoMAA=00QJ000000AQSUtMAP&nooverride=1&retURL=%2F001%2Fo

In the above URL : i am able to prepopulate the standard name field of account from the url param:
acc2=Greg+Hewitt

However, there is a custom field on account called convertedfromlead__c (which is a lookup to lead)
The above needs to be populated from:
CF00NJ0000001x7yoMAA=00QJ000000AQSUtMAP

Where : 
00NJ0000001x7yoMAA = Id field of Custom Field 
00QJ000000AQSUtMAP = Id field of lead record

The custom lookup field somehow does not get populated.
I had prepended the id with CF as indicated in some articles, however, did not work with or without that

Thanks in advance
Rajat
Can we use Changesets to deploy components from one Production Environment to another Production Environment ?
Apex trigger challenge (Bulk Apex triggers):
Its working but trailhead is not accepting ,any clues what is this error about.I have checked all the flows ,approvals nothing is related to oppportunity but still it is throwing me an error.

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_EXECUTE_FLOW_TRIGGER, The record couldn’t be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. 
A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 301280000008h7f. 
Contact your administrator for help.: []

Iam getting mail as follows:

This report lists the elements that the flow interview executed. The report is a beta feature.
We welcome your feedback on IdeaExchange
Flow Details

Flow Name: Opportunity

Type: Workflow

Version: 1

• September 11, 2015
Hi Experts
I want to move Send an Email button from related list to top of Cases detail page, and near to Edit button(standard button).

Or Can I create a Custom button has same function and behavior with Send an Email button?

Because the Send an Email button always in the bottom of the screen, it is hard to find.

Thanks you so much.
Before a task can be saved the user must choose Yes or No. I have no errors but I am still able to save the task with out choosing Yes or No. What am I missing? 

AND(
No__c = TRUE,
OR(
Yes__c = TRUE
)
)
When attempting to create my Apex trigger for this Trailhead development exercise, I receive an error. I don't understand how this is possible, because the records haven't been updated, and still aren't updating.
"Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
Setting 'Match_Billing_Address__c' to false updated the records anyway. The trigger should only act when Match_Billing_Address__c is true."

Here's my code:
trigger AccountAddressTrigger on Account (before insert, before update) {

for(Account a : Trigger.new){
        If (a.Match_Billing_Address__c = true) {
            a.ShippingPostalCode = a.BillingPostalCode;
        }   
    }

}

I have a Visualforce page ( Missing Field Report) that captures fields that do not contain data on all opportunities. I would like to create a report showing what fields are missing data as well as the corresponding opportunity. 

Can I create a report from a Visualforce page? 

I had already dropped this issue earlier, but didnt got the resolution.

While creating a new Opportunity, there are few vanilla fields i.e. "Close Date", "Probability" as static in system.
We can not make modifications in these fields.
"Probability": We don't need this field in system at all as it's not fitting as per business culture - It has to be removed.
"Close Date": It should not be mandatory, 
Although we had created a workflow which will automatically populate "Close Date" as system date depending on an another field "Stage".

While creating a new opportunity it should not be mandatory at all.

We are using "Professional Edition" with Workflows and APIs as Add-ons. 
Kindly let me know if this can be done if i can purchase anything?
I just need resolution here, as users are facing challenges and this effects our complete “Sales Pipeline”User-added image
Hi All,

I want to update the few fields of converted leads. So can you guys please help me and let me know how can update it. 

Thanks in advance
Hi,

Hi Experts

Thanks you so much.
Hot new company exploding with growth needs a self motivated, client facing Senior Developer!!  Full benefits and more!  Contact me at nancy@tech2resources.com

AND(
No__c = TRUE,
OR(
Yes__c = TRUE
)
)
When attempting to create my Apex trigger for this Trailhead development exercise, I receive an error. I don't understand how this is possible, because the records haven't been updated, and still aren't updating.
"Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
Setting 'Match_Billing_Address__c' to false updated the records anyway. The trigger should only act when Match_Billing_Address__c is true."

Here's my code:
trigger AccountAddressTrigger on Account (before insert, before update) {

for(Account a : Trigger.new){
        If (a.Match_Billing_Address__c = true) {
            a.ShippingPostalCode = a.BillingPostalCode;
        }   
    }

}

I had already dropped this issue earlier, but didnt got the resolution.

While creating a new Opportunity, there are few vanilla fields i.e. "Close Date", "Probability" as static in system.
We can not make modifications in these fields.
"Probability": We don't need this field in system at all as it's not fitting as per business culture - It has to be removed.
"Close Date": It should not be mandatory, 
Although we had created a workflow which will automatically populate "Close Date" as system date depending on an another field "Stage".

While creating a new opportunity it should not be mandatory at all.

We are using "Professional Edition" with Workflows and APIs as Add-ons. 
Kindly let me know if this can be done if i can purchase anything?
I just need resolution here, as users are facing challenges and this effects our complete “Sales Pipeline”User-added image
Hello,

How is it possible to include a visualforce page along with the dashboard. The dashboard will also have other reports as well
  • August 19, 2015
Hi Guys,
  1. Until the Spring 15 release, Maps and Sets are Unordered Collections. So the returned order will be random.
  2. But beginning from Summer 15 release onwards, Maps and Set order is predictable. The order will be same that what you put from the beginning to end.
Example:
Map<String, String> orderedMap = new Map<String, String>();
orderedMap.put('Good', 'This is so good');
orderedMap.put('Bad', 'This is so bad');
System.debug(orderedMap);

If you run the above code snippet in Developer console you will get the returned order as below,

Until Spring 15 Release:

{Bad=This is so bad, Good=This is so good}

From Summer 15 Release:

{Good=This is so good, Bad=This is so bad}

This changes is not the API level, this is Schema level change. If anyone relying on the Map or Set order in your codes, change it as soon. 

Thanks.