• Member since 2013
  • SFDC Admin

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have recently had a customer reply vis email using the subject line of a Closed Case. The emails thus got added to a Closed Case and got lost.

Is there a way to create a WFR to trigger an email alert to the Case owner that an email was added to their closed case? I can see how I can build the rule using

AND IsClosed , .........
but there does not appear to be a way to determine when an email was added. I thought about using a Power of One trick but I cannot do a roll-up summary on thte Emails related list on the case.  

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jane
I'm attempting to add a Trigger on the IdeaComment object to update a custom text area field on the parent idea object. However I keep getting the following error: "Error: Compile Error: Expression cannot be assigned at line -1 column -1"

Please help. Here's the copy of trigger:

trigger test on IdeaComment (before insert) {

for (IdeaComment obj: trigger.new){
    Idea.Last_Comment__c = IdeaComment.CommentBody;
  }
}
We use a custom object called Loan and Loans have opportunities.

Loans have custom fields like UPB, Term, Interest Rate, etc..

Opportunities have new UPB, Term, Interest Rate..

I need to write a trigger that would populate the custom fields on the loan with the custom fields on the opportunity when the stage of opportunity = Completed

Thank you for your help!
  • July 24, 2014
I have a formula field that is using a Lookup(pricelist) field to do comparison. The other two fields I am using are number fields. When trying to save the formula I constantly get a "Compiled Formula is too big to execute".... Does the fact that this field comparison is a lookup field play that big of a role in the total formula size?
Here is the formula:
IF( Lookup(Price List) <> 'compare this', (NumField - NumField 2) * 0.14, 0.00)
I'm attempting to add a Trigger on the IdeaComment object to update a custom text area field on the parent idea object. However I keep getting the following error: "Error: Compile Error: Expression cannot be assigned at line -1 column -1"

Please help. Here's the copy of trigger:

trigger test on IdeaComment (before insert) {

for (IdeaComment obj: trigger.new){
    Idea.Last_Comment__c = IdeaComment.CommentBody;
  }
}
Hi

Disclosure: not a developer..

I want to have a field update workflow start, but it is based on a formula field and it does not seem that a formula field can start a workflow.

Essentially, I have a formula field on Opportunities called Paid (Paid__c) and when this evaluates to True, I want the Stage (StageName) field to update to Closed Won.  I'd like this to happen in as near to real time as possible - every 15 min?  More frequent, if it wouldn't be problematic...

Is this something that is simple for someone that knows what they are doing or can someone point me in the right direction?
Hi  Community,

I have a requirement to integrate the salesforce to the sql database.
1) How can we do this?
2) What are the different ways to do this and the best approach?
3) How much time does it take to accomplish this task?

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I have to integrate SF to Sqlserver dB .which way is best for Integration?

1)using to write  Webservices 2)using any Middleware appns & How to do this Integration?pls give some example

Thanks,

Vicky

I need to be able to provide a link to an article that is only available on the internal channel. The problem is that the current URL for the article searches by ID which changes everytime the article is published. ex: https://familysearch.my.salesforce.com/knowledge/publishing/articlePreview.apexp?id=kA230000000ZKb7&popup=true&pubstatus=d&preview=true

Is there a way to restructure the URL to lookup the article by Article Number instead of ID, and always get the latest version? If so how can we make that also work for non-English translations of the article?

I am trying to populate two fields (phone, email) on a form based on how one is populated (user) (lookup) on a custom object.  Is VLOOKUP the best option to use on the fields?
We have recently had a customer reply vis email using the subject line of a Closed Case. The emails thus got added to a Closed Case and got lost.

Is there a way to create a WFR to trigger an email alert to the Case owner that an email was added to their closed case? I can see how I can build the rule using

AND IsClosed , .........
but there does not appear to be a way to determine when an email was added. I thought about using a Power of One trick but I cannot do a roll-up summary on thte Emails related list on the case.  

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jane

I’ve installed timbasoftware for my org(sandbox) and I need to setup survey when the case gets closed through Force.com Sites.

1)       I’ve created a new Survey.

2)       I’ve created an workflow with criteria and Email Alert with one of Timbasurvey template (Send Using workflow)

3)       I’ve followed the steps 3: Force.com Sites Configuration(step1-81 slides on Profile) and added 4 vf pages and all timba Apex pages etc.

4)       Copied and added the default WebURL into Survey.

When the case gets closed I’m getting email alert. On click of ‘Survey Link’,it’s going into

1)       sandbox login page before show Survey page? Why it’s asking for credential first instead of showing Survey page directly?

Queries:

1)       Im new to Force.com sites.Is there any other steps I need to include to enable Esurvey through Force.com sites?

2)       In SetUp->Sites->What page needs to be add in ‘Active Site HomePage’?

3)       Do I need to add web Address link from Force.com sites into Email Template for this? How?

Pls help me out…

• February 25, 2013

AND IsClosed , .........

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jane