• Developer

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,
I have a requirement in which i want to map contacts related to An Account i have a field Zd_Organisation_id__c on Contact
which is Zendesk_Id__c on Account(like AccountId on contact and Id on Account) i have values in this field on contact.
i want to relate contacts related to a particular Account using this field. (Like if Any contact have Zd_Organisation_id__c =256148307
than my requirement is to relate All the contact which have this '256148307' as Organization Id should show on Contact related list on Account).
How to do it using Apex class?
Any suggestion?
global class sendCred{
        public String userName;
        public String userPassword;
        public sendCred(String userName, String userPassword){
            this.userName = userName;
            this.userPassword = userPassword;
        }
    }
    /*==============================*/
    @RemoteAction global static String sendCredentials() {

try{
        User userRec = [select id, Nextiva_Username__c, Nextiva_Password__c from User where id =: userinfo.getuserid()];
             String userName = String.ValueOf(userRec.Nextiva_Username__c);
             String userPassword = String.ValueOf(userRec.Nextiva_Password__c);
             return new sendCred(userName, userPassword);
        } catch(Exception ex){
            return ex.getMessage();
        }

}
I am using above code but getting "Error: Compile Error: Illegal conversion from SoftPhoneDialController.sendCred to String at line 282 column 14" . Please help me on this

Lead Data Integration Rule --> Geocodes for Lead Address. We have activated this Data Integration Rule. Is this priced separately or is it part of the Standard Sales Cloud Licence ?
Hi All,

I have a requirement that when ever there is a Chatter feed for a Case the Case Owner should receive an email of the feed so that he is aware of whats happening with the case. Even if there is a notificaiton on the bell icon that works.

1) I tried the Streams options, but i feel thats sill in the rudimentary stage.
2) I can write a trigger on the FeedItem Object and send out a mail (This is my last resort)

Did any one ever face this requirement??

Please suggest a optimal and fool proof solution
Thanks.
Hi All,

I am doing some VF development. I am about able to launch the vf page using "Show in salesforce web" option. can anyone please suggest me if need to do some changes in the eclipse configuration

Hi All,

Can anyone please guide me on how to use and leverage Eienstein. I did the Eienstein features trailhead but that speaks very less on how to implement AI in your app. 

I am trying to do a POC for once of our projects. Treat me as a absolute starter and let me know the path to implement a small AI implementation

Regards,
Mohan

Hi All,

I need some help. I am trying to seach for the product using the product code but unable to do that. The Product code field that i am using is a custom field and when i enter the product code (eg: *264 and say go) i should be able to see the product. 

As of now i am able to search with only the Name. Can anyone please help me on this
Unable to Query using the Product Code
When using the Calendar Tab in Lightning, i am unable to see the gear icon which should be appearing next to "My Calendars."

I have created a flow and i want to distribute it to Customer Community user. I know that i can embed the flow in a VF page and distribute it to the users but i have a limitation of not to use VF pages.
Do any one have any alternate approach of distributing the flow?
Hi All,

I am new to writing apex in Eclipse IDE. I would like to know if i can get the method names for the class like in Dev console

eg: when i write System. in console ill get all the options 
i would like to know if we have that option in eclipse
I am new to communities and have a community with standard objects like Accounts, Opportunities. Community looks almost similar to a standard salesforce UI. Can i switch to lightning like we do for our salesforce login's

Hi..
i want to develop an app in salesforce using apex RestCallouts can i develop app in Developer Edition or is this required to buy Enterprise Editon , if it is mandatory to buy license how to approach salesforce team to buy license
  • September 19, 2019
hi all ,

Please support me how to get the data from Neteeza  to salesfroce ? 

Thanks 
aklkk
  • April 12, 2019
Hi, Can someone please help me with the following requirement how to do it.

Similar to Field History Tracking feature in Salesforce. Existing functionality only tells when a field was updated and to what value. We want to show additionally a link to the actual FX rate used. Additionally, we want a line item to show if the definition for the field was updated.

Thanks,
Shweta
some one can help me how to test this method
My Controller Code:
... @RemoteAction
    public static List<JSStove> getStoves(Id ResellerID) {// include Id ResellerID from VF

List<JSStove> stoves = new List<JSStove>();
        for (Product_item__c stove : [SELECT Id, Name FROM Product_item__c
                                      WHERE Reseller__c =:ResellerID ORDER BY Name ASC]) {                      

stoves.add(new JSStove(stove.Name, stove.Id));
        }
        return stoves;
    }

Please help me.
Thanks in Advance
Hi All,
I have a requirement in which i want to map contacts related to An Account i have a field Zd_Organisation_id__c on Contact
which is Zendesk_Id__c on Account(like AccountId on contact and Id on Account) i have values in this field on contact.
i want to relate contacts related to a particular Account using this field. (Like if Any contact have Zd_Organisation_id__c =256148307
than my requirement is to relate All the contact which have this '256148307' as Organization Id should show on Contact related list on Account).
How to do it using Apex class?
Any suggestion?
We're looking for a Salesforce developer to oversee the development and administration of our Salesforce instance.
Ideally, you're an independent Salesforce contractor who can contribute about 20h/week on a long term basis, enjoy working remotely and collaborate well with distributed team.
  • Salesforce Admin and Dev certified
  • Minimum 3 years of Salesforce application development
  • Experience with integration of systems and 3rd party apps within Salesforce
  • Experience with Marketo a plus
  • Knowledge of SFDC governor limits and guidelines
  • Experience working in an Agile or SCRUM environment
  • Ability to communicate technical recommendations to non-technical stakeholders 
  • Able to work remotely within PST business hours.
global class sendCred{
        public String userName;
        public String userPassword;
        public sendCred(String userName, String userPassword){
            this.userName = userName;
            this.userPassword = userPassword;
        }
    }
    /*==============================*/
    @RemoteAction global static String sendCredentials() {

try{
        User userRec = [select id, Nextiva_Username__c, Nextiva_Password__c from User where id =: userinfo.getuserid()];
             String userName = String.ValueOf(userRec.Nextiva_Username__c);
             String userPassword = String.ValueOf(userRec.Nextiva_Password__c);
             return new sendCred(userName, userPassword);
        } catch(Exception ex){
            return ex.getMessage();
        }

}
I am using above code but getting "Error: Compile Error: Illegal conversion from SoftPhoneDialController.sendCred to String at line 282 column 14" . Please help me on this
scenario :   Case is created in Salesforce,  Immediatly this case details be moved to third patry systems ( .net system, java sysstem,.......)
how can i do this ?
example : 
case # 12345 created in salesforce, immediatly case reflected in third party systems like java ,.net or some other systems.
Due to project cost, not going for opiton use third party integration tools like Dell boomi......or any other tools.

please provide any ideas on this requirement 
Thanks 
  • May 18, 2018
Hi All
We are trying to create a custom process for Lead where by a "convert" button on, say, Record type 2 will convert a lead to an affiliate(custom object) record ONLY and not create Account, Contact and Opportunity (The standard lead conversion process to remain same for lead record type 1)). What all would I need? 
I can create a on click JS for the button to call the apex. Would I need to create an apex class or a trigger? Would I also need to have a custom controller for lead ? 
P.S: A beginner in Apex world here. More information the better
Thanks!!
Hello, 

My org is using a custom object to track contact relationships and users are encountering the following error message when attempting to add/remove/edit the contact relationshiops on several contacts:

There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "Apex trigger updateCR caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: updateCR: execution of BeforeDelete caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 003U000001Ow73GIAR; first error: STRING_TOO_LONG, Contact Relationships: data value too large: lli (max length=255): [Contact_Relationships__c]: Trigger.updateCR: line 26, column 1".

Apex Trigger update CR:
trigger updateCR on Contact_Relationships__c (after insert, after update,before delete,after delete){

Set<Id> parentIds = new Set<ID>();

// Get all the Parent Ids (Contacts  ) in the Set
    for(Contact_Relationships__c s : trigger.isDelete ? trigger.old : trigger.new){
        parentIds.add(s.Contact__c);
    }
    // QUery Contact.
    List<Contact> contacts = new List<Contact>();
    // Use the Child relations so you get all the related CR for the Contact Parent Object
    contacts = [Select Id, Name, Contact_Relationships__c, (Select Id,Associated_Contact__r.Name__c from Contact_Relationships__r) from Contact where Id in :parentIds];

// Iterate over each parent and child CR record
    for(Contact o: contacts){
                        o.Contact_Relationships__c = '';
            if(o.Contact_Relationships__r != null && o.Contact_Relationships__r.size()>0){
                for(Contact_Relationships__c s: o.Contact_Relationships__r){
                    if(!o.Contact_Relationships__c.containsIgnoreCase(s.Associated_Contact__r.Name__c)){ // Check if the CR record is already in the CR Field. if not add it otherwise skip
                        o.Contact_Relationships__c += s.Associated_Contact__r.Name__c+' ';
                    }
                }
            }
    }
    // Update the contact
    update contacts;
}

Let me know what additional informiation is needed to assist. I'm new to the admin role at my firm and dealing with some legacy apex/workflows so any help is greatly appreciated!

Torm
When using the Calendar Tab in Lightning, i am unable to see the gear icon which should be appearing next to "My Calendars."

trigger contactnumberchange on Contact (before insert,before update) { 
    List<account> li=new list<Account>();  
    List<Id> ids = new List<Id>();  
    for(Contact c: trigger.new)  
        ids.add(c.AccountId);  
    Map<Id, Account> accountMap = new Map<Id, Account>([Select Id, Phone From Account Where Id In :ids]); 

for(Contact c: trigger.new) 
    { 
        Account a = accountMap.get(c.AccountId); 
        if(a != null) 
        { 
            a.Phone= c.MobilePhone; 

li.add(a); 
        } 
    } 
    update li;  
}
Hi All,

I am new to writing apex in Eclipse IDE. I would like to know if i can get the method names for the class like in Dev console

eg: when i write System. in console ill get all the options 
i would like to know if we have that option in eclipse
I want to populate a parent field value in a chaild field for displaying in a standard visual force page. So, I thought I will create a formula field for the same, but one of my collegue said don't create formula field, create a text field and assign the text field value while creating the child record in trigger.

So, I just want to know, which approach is better and why?

NOTE: The parent child relationship is lookup relationship.
Hello,

Can someone who has worked on Salesforce Development for the Sales Cloud help me with the general scenarios that you have received during development.

I would like to recreate those for practice in order to get more knowledge about salesforce development actually happening in the IT industry. Scenarios related to VF, apex, automation etc.

I would be really grateful for this to help me with my learning.

TIA