• Member since 2022

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi

I am making some changes to the non coding items like page layouts, session settings changes, enabling of translation settings override, etc, in the Salesforce org using metadata deployment.

I am making use of the deployment commands to fulfill this requirement.

e.g. call sf project deploy start -x manifest/package2.xml -o tempOrg -l NoTestRun

The command is working fine for sandbox and trial orgs, but is failing to work for production orgs.

Q1) What changes need to be made to the command to fix the issue?
Q2) What is the Default test level that SF considers when deploying non coding items like page layouts?
Q3) Does SF decide the Default test level by checking if coding items like apex classes or, triggers are being deployed or, not?
Q4) Will the below command fulfill the requirement?
       call sf project deploy start -x manifest/package2.xml -o tempOrg

Thanks and Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

I am getting the below error when I am installing a beta package using CLI:

"The subscriber package version 04t0............ is invalid, no subscriber package version record found."

Command used for installing the beta package is : sf package install -p packageId -k password -s AllUsers -o tempOrg

Thanks and Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

Is there any predefined sequence order for standard button placement on Salesforce page layouts?

User-added image

Thanks and Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

How can we fetch all the matching rules related to the duplicate rules using apex?

Thanks and Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

I have a scenario wherein I have a managed package installed.
I need to transfer data from a deprecated field of a packaged object (Deal) to another field to the same packaged object (Deal) and vice versa in the same org.

Q1) How can we implement the scenario using SOAP API?
Q2) Are there any reference docs available for the implementing the SOAP API?

NOTE:
1. The source and destination orgs are same here.

Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

I need to transfer data from a deprecated field of a packaged object (Deal) to another field to the same packaged object (Deal) and vice versa.

Is it feasible to implement the scenario? If yes, then how?

Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

I have some concerns regarding the Shield encryption feature of SF:

1. If some fields of Contact object are encrypted and we remove the user from the permission set which assigns the Shield encryption feature, do traces of encryption still remain at the database level?

2. If some fields of Contact object are encrypted and we uncheck the permission from the permission set which assigns the Shield encryption feature, do traces of encryption still remain at the database level?

3. On checking the result of the isEncrypted() function on the fields of the Contact object, the fields still show up as being encrypted in both the scenarios. Why is it so?

Thanks and Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

I have the queries wrt the Lightning Experience:

1. If My Domain is enabled in the org, that means the org will be having Lightning Experience available?
2. Can there still be clients who are still not having Lightning Experience available at the org level?
3. Can we completely rollback to Salesforce Classic mode after removing Lightning Experience.

Thanks and Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

I have some queries wrt the Salesforce Help customization:

1. Can we open a LWC or, an aura component using Salesforce Help on the same page?
2. Can we parameters to the LWC/Aura component?
3. What all can be done apart from opening static URLs in the Salesforce Help icon?
4. Can we open/define page specific URLs/components using the Salesforce Help icon customization?

Thanks and Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

I have a bat file which contains SFDX CLI commands to fulfill my business scenarios.

I have a business scenario wherein the bat file is opened twice at the same time.

I am getting the "Kill the process running on port 1717 or use a custom connected app and update OauthLocalPort in the sfdx-project.json file." error in the 2nd cmd window that is opened.

I checked through the articles and found that we need to kill the 1st cmd window to open the 2nd cmd window.

Is there a way to make the sfdx cli chose any open port if one port is busy?

Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

I have a business scenario to implement to add custom attributes to the "Salesforce with Android" and "Salesforce with iOS" connected apps.

How can we add it using apex/SFDX CLI or, is there any way to automate this.

Please find the screenshot attached to it for reference.

Thanks and Regards,
Lakshya

User-added image
Hi

I have a business requirement wherein I need to check whether the org has Shield Encryption enabled or, not.

I need to have some apex code, SOQL query or, SFDX CLI command to check if the feature is being used in the org or, not.

Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

I have a managed package with the version 4.7.

The version 4.7 of the package has some code along with the report types built using the below object combinations:

1. Account & Task
2. Contact & Task

Some reports are also built using these report types which are present in the v4.7 managed package.

I am getting the below error when installing an upgrade (v4.7.1) of the managed package:

An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 603504159-3613 (1535757581), Details: Contacts_with_Touchpoint_Activities: An unexpected error occurred. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 603504159-3613 (1535757581)

In the error, "Contacts_with_Touchpoint_Activities" is a report type making using of fields of Contact & Task object.

I am facing challenge in understanding the issue here and request your help.

Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

I have a business requirement wherein I have the scenario to logout of the org using SFDX CLI.

I want to understand 2 scenarios:

1. What will happen if we dont use the sfdx logout command when working with SFDX CLI.
2. What is the session timeout period if we dont run the sfdx logout command in cmd and close the cmd window.

Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

I need to check whether My Domain is enabled in an org or, not as a part of my business requirement.

I also need to know how to disable My Domain in my org for my research.

Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

My business requirement is to add a tab with a LWC component to a flexipage using SFDX CLI or, apex.

I want to understand whether it is feasible or, not.

Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

My business requirement is to check if the client has taken complete data export 1-2 days back or, not.

Can we have this checked using SFDX CLI or, apex code?

If yes, then how?

Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

I have a business requirement wherein I need to insert, delete, activate & deactivate picklist values from a picklist field on Account object.

I want to know whether these operations are possible using SFDX CLI, MetadataService class, etc.

If yes, then how can we implement that.

Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

I am using SFDX CLI and bat files for my business requirements.

I am logging in the org, performing some scripting code and then logging out.

Login Command : sfdx auth:web:login -s -a tempOrg -r https://login.salesforce.com
Logout Command : sfdx force:auth:logout -u tempOrg --noprompt

I am able to access the org in the web browser even after logging out to the org.

I need to make the org inaccessible in the browser after logging out.

Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

I want to understand whether we can deploy flexipages, lightning apps, etc in an org in Salesforce Classic mode or, not having Lightning Experience User permission.

Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

I am getting the below error when I am installing a beta package using CLI:

"The subscriber package version 04t0............ is invalid, no subscriber package version record found."

Command used for installing the beta package is : sf package install -p packageId -k password -s AllUsers -o tempOrg

Thanks and Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

How can we fetch all the matching rules related to the duplicate rules using apex?

Thanks and Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

I need to transfer data from a deprecated field of a packaged object (Deal) to another field to the same packaged object (Deal) and vice versa.

Is it feasible to implement the scenario? If yes, then how?

Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

I have the queries wrt the Lightning Experience:

1. If My Domain is enabled in the org, that means the org will be having Lightning Experience available?
2. Can there still be clients who are still not having Lightning Experience available at the org level?
3. Can we completely rollback to Salesforce Classic mode after removing Lightning Experience.

Thanks and Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

I have a business requirement wherein I need to check whether the org has Shield Encryption enabled or, not.

I need to have some apex code, SOQL query or, SFDX CLI command to check if the feature is being used in the org or, not.

Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

I need to check whether My Domain is enabled in an org or, not as a part of my business requirement.

I also need to know how to disable My Domain in my org for my research.

Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

My business requirement is to check if the client has taken complete data export 1-2 days back or, not.

Can we have this checked using SFDX CLI or, apex code?

If yes, then how?

Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

I am using SFDX CLI and bat files for my business requirements.

I am logging in the org, performing some scripting code and then logging out.

Login Command : sfdx auth:web:login -s -a tempOrg -r https://login.salesforce.com
Logout Command : sfdx force:auth:logout -u tempOrg --noprompt

I am able to access the org in the web browser even after logging out to the org.

I need to make the org inaccessible in the browser after logging out.

Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

I want to understand whether we can deploy flexipages, lightning apps, etc in an org in Salesforce Classic mode or, not having Lightning Experience User permission.

Regards,
Lakshya
Hi

I have to automate certain manual checking steps done in the Salesforce org.

e.g. checking whether Account object has a record type with a specific API name or, not.

For that I am making use of SFDX CLI & apex code (run using SFDX CLI) to automate the items.

My business requirement is to activate/deactivate duplicate rules using apex or, through any command of SFDX CLI.

I want your help/suggestions on how to perform it.

Regards,
Lakshya
Requirement
I have certain things which I need to check in an org before deployment.
The scenarios include checking:
1. Whether the Account object has a specific record type or, not.
2. Whether the client has ant duplicate rules or, not.
Apart from writing code in apex to check using the metadata, are there any tools that can solve the purpose to automate these steps?
Scenario:
1. I have a picklist field (User_List__c) on Account which displays the active users names as picklist values.
2. I want to update the list of active users in the User_List__c picklist field whenever a user is inserted or, when the user updates the name.
3. I have implemented a trigger on User to trigger the changes as per the above conditions.
4. But I am having issues in updating the picklist values.
NOTE :
- I have to update a single picklist value at a time and not all the values when updating the picklist value list.
Scenario :
- I have created a flow to display custom notifications when an event ends.
- I am getting notifications as per my scenario.
- When I click on the bell icon to view the notifications, the badge containing the notification count disappears.
- I want to control the visibility of the notification badge and the count shown.
- Is it feasible?