• Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

This is basically what I'm trying to do, but it makes all probabilities demand the Acceptance Date field be populated..I only want it at 40% above.  What is missing?

OR
       (Probability > 30,
    ISNULL( Acceptance_Date__c )
)

Thanks...

Message Edited by lburns on 03-23-2010 07:02 AM
  • March 23, 2010

Hello,

Is there any way to add html (coloring) to an email signature without using a template?  I know how to use the image and a link, but I need it to look exactly like the signature in Outlook.

• February 25, 2010

What is the difference between the two?  We have the plug-in installed to nove emails to SF, but is the Email to SF a new feature?

Also, is there any way to 'cc' other people in Salesforce besides our company users when sending an email from SF?  When I want to copy another lead or contact it only allows me to select our organization's users.

Thanks...

• February 24, 2010

I have an open Opps report and need to add another column to it...i.e Net/Margin.  This Net/Margin field has data for all opportunity types, however, I need to show that field in the report but only want data pulled for a particular opportunity type (picklist).  I can make another report and filter it, but there needs to be only 1 report.  This 1 report still has to show all opportunities at the same time.  Possible?  Not seeing how.

• January 12, 2010
Hi...not sure if this can be done, but i've been asked to group certain stages of an opp...i.e. probability 10, 20, 30% with expected revenue, then probability 40, 50, 70 with expected revenue, then probality 80%, not weighted (with total cost), and lastly probability 90% with total cost.  can this be done on same report??
  • January 08, 2010

I would like to make the following rule: 

If (addendum #) >0 (problem is that this was created as a text field; afraid I'll lose information if I change the data type) than both the following fields need to be required:

Date Field

Text Field

Thanks...

• December 07, 2009

Hi...There's a standard expected revenue field already showing the weighted average based on another standard 'amount' field, but I need that to reflect on another custom field we call, 'total cost'. 

I know I can create a new custom exp. revenue field, but what is the formula to do this?

• November 19, 2009

Hi..can anyone tell me why 4/5 people in the office can't view an attachment (attached from desktop) at the opportunity view?  The dialogue box isn't one that asks for 'open or save' and/or pulls the default program up.  It takes you to various places within the system, some people are asked to save it as a zip file, etc. 

Another person with the same instance of SF, but at a different location, can view the same attachment just fine.  I thought it might just be browser settings, but can't figure out what?  Any ideas?

• October 28, 2009
How do I center an image in a Letterhead template that I created?  It basically is a 'blank canvas' where I just import one image, but it's left justified and I can't center it.  Thanks.
  • October 15, 2009

Hi...I can change the Value of the Forecast Category List but the 'Status Category' stays the same and shows in under the Forecast Tab.  Is there anyway to change that as well?

i.e. I have 'Best Case' changed to 'Upside' as the value, but 'Best Case' still shows when I'm in the 'Forecast' section.

• October 13, 2009

Hi...I have a custom field 'Acceptance Date' (calendar search) that when populated, the Closed Date at the top needs to be changed to that date (calendar search).  Any ideas? 

Better yet, is there anyway to make the 'Closed Date' automatically populate with the 'Acceptance Date', once the 'Acceptance Date' has been populated?Thx.

• September 29, 2009

Hi...I'm trying to create a dashboard showing the following:

on the Y-axis: This month (closed month), This Quarter (Fiscal Period) and This Year (FY)

on the x-axis:  Closed Won, Closed Lost, Closed Abandoned (Stage = Closed)

I have most of the information created, but am missing one metric no matter how I slice and dice it.  I've tried Summary, Table and Matrix formats.  Is this even possible?  Thx.

• September 28, 2009

Hi...trying to make a picklist field required when the standard 'TYPE' field (also a picklist field) is populated with 'Vendor'.  If 'Vendor' is selected, then I need to have the 'Vendor Group' field required.

AND(

ISPICKVAL( Type ,"Vendor"),
    ISPICKVAL( Vendor_Group__c ) (am I missing something here?)

)

I tried the ISNULL function, but it keeps giving me an error that it's a picklist.

Thanks...

• September 17, 2009

This is similar to my last request, but the required field is a picklist.  I used the last formula for a text field needs to be completed before an opportunity is saved:

AND(

ISPICKVAL(Reseller_Involved__c,"Yes"),
LEN(Reseller_Name__c)=0

)

Now, I need a picklist field to be required:  If Picklist field 'Type' (standard field) is selected 'Vendor', then Picklist field 'Vendor Group' (custom) is required.  I have:

AND(

ISPICKVAL(TYPE,"Vendor"),
ISPICKVAL(Vendor_Vendor__c)  (I know I'm missing something here)

)

What is missing or do I have the wrong function in the second line?  Thx.

• September 17, 2009

Hi...trying to insert an Opportunity Validation Rule where if:

Label Name, 'Reseller Involved' (field name - 'Reseller_Involved') is picked 'yes, then the lable name 'Reseller Name' (field name - Reseller_Name_ is to be populated/mandatory, before saving the opp.  I am using the following formula and I get this error :  Error:Syntax error. Found 'Reseller':

AND  (
     OR  (
              ISPICKVAL(Reseller Involved, "Yes")),
ISNULL(Reseller_Name__c)
)

What is wrong with this?  Thanks in advance for your help.

• September 16, 2009

Hello,

This is basically what I'm trying to do, but it makes all probabilities demand the Acceptance Date field be populated..I only want it at 40% above.  What is missing?

OR
       (Probability > 30,
    ISNULL( Acceptance_Date__c )
)

Thanks...

Message Edited by lburns on 03-23-2010 07:02 AM
  • March 23, 2010

I have an open Opps report and need to add another column to it...i.e Net/Margin.  This Net/Margin field has data for all opportunity types, however, I need to show that field in the report but only want data pulled for a particular opportunity type (picklist).  I can make another report and filter it, but there needs to be only 1 report.  This 1 report still has to show all opportunities at the same time.  Possible?  Not seeing how.

• January 12, 2010
Hi...not sure if this can be done, but i've been asked to group certain stages of an opp...i.e. probability 10, 20, 30% with expected revenue, then probability 40, 50, 70 with expected revenue, then probality 80%, not weighted (with total cost), and lastly probability 90% with total cost.  can this be done on same report??
  • January 08, 2010

I would like to make the following rule: 

If (addendum #) >0 (problem is that this was created as a text field; afraid I'll lose information if I change the data type) than both the following fields need to be required:

Date Field

Text Field

Thanks...

• December 07, 2009

Hi...There's a standard expected revenue field already showing the weighted average based on another standard 'amount' field, but I need that to reflect on another custom field we call, 'total cost'. 

I know I can create a new custom exp. revenue field, but what is the formula to do this?

• November 19, 2009

Hi...I'm trying to create a dashboard showing the following:

on the Y-axis: This month (closed month), This Quarter (Fiscal Period) and This Year (FY)

on the x-axis:  Closed Won, Closed Lost, Closed Abandoned (Stage = Closed)

I have most of the information created, but am missing one metric no matter how I slice and dice it.  I've tried Summary, Table and Matrix formats.  Is this even possible?  Thx.

• September 28, 2009

Hi...trying to make a picklist field required when the standard 'TYPE' field (also a picklist field) is populated with 'Vendor'.  If 'Vendor' is selected, then I need to have the 'Vendor Group' field required.

AND(

ISPICKVAL( Type ,"Vendor"),
    ISPICKVAL( Vendor_Group__c ) (am I missing something here?)

)

I tried the ISNULL function, but it keeps giving me an error that it's a picklist.

Thanks...

• September 17, 2009

Hi...trying to insert an Opportunity Validation Rule where if:

Label Name, 'Reseller Involved' (field name - 'Reseller_Involved') is picked 'yes, then the lable name 'Reseller Name' (field name - Reseller_Name_ is to be populated/mandatory, before saving the opp.  I am using the following formula and I get this error :  Error:Syntax error. Found 'Reseller':

AND  (
     OR  (
              ISPICKVAL(Reseller Involved, "Yes")),
ISNULL(Reseller_Name__c)
)

What is wrong with this?  Thanks in advance for your help.

• September 16, 2009

I am trying to write a validation rule that evaluates if a number field is greater than 0 that a date value must be entered in a date field.

Not sure what I am doing. Any help would be great. Thanks.

I am trying to create a validation rule that connects two fields.  For example:  When the Start date is filled out, they have to fill out the End date otherwise an error pops up when they go to save.  I have tried so many different types of formulas but am missing something.  Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Thanks!

• August 31, 2009

Regional bank with large base of salesforce.com users has an immediate full-time, salaried position for an experienced Salesforce.com Administrator to join existing administration team.  Position is based in Richmond, VA and candidates must live in the Richmond area. This position is NOT remote. 

Please do not respond if you are looking for contract work.  We are looking to hire a permanent employee.