Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I am trying to write a rule that checks when:

ProductCode = 'abc' OR ProductCode = 'def'
and both picklist values for their corresponding Target Group matches eachother, otherwise, shoot an error.

TEXT(Target_Group__c) = TEXT(Target_Group__c) but only for these 2 product codes. 

Is this possible? Any guidance is much appreciated as I keep getting errors in my attempts. 

Hello, 
I am trying to write several formulas to use in a flow to check if a date is in between a range. The issue is I want it to be sustainable and only compare the Month and Day only, not the year. 

Example:
say the input date field is March 1, 2023

I want to know if it's equal to or greater than January 11 and less than or equal to April 10th and not include the year. 

Is this possible?

Tried something like this and it failed: 

AND(
MONTH({!$Record.Comp_Approved_Date__c}) >= 1,
MONTH({!$Record.Comp_Approved_Date__c}) <= 4,
DAY({!$Record.Comp_Approved_Date__c})  >= 11,
DAY({!$Record.Comp_Approved_Date__c})  <= 10
)

Hello,

I am a flow newbie trying to migrate some workflow rules over to the tool. I love the decision based paths as this reduces a lot of repeated logic.

However, I just realized using "Contains" as an operator is case sensitive! This is a huge issue since I am pulling from lead and contacts titles in order to assign a buyers persona. 

I made a formula utilizing "lower" on title but then the flow didn't like that regarding the before trigger. I changed it to Actions and related records for after but it still doesn't want to use the formula in the variable. 

Is there a way I can set this up to evaluate that lowercase title formula? Otherwise I need an unrealistic amount of combinations regarding case and title combinations.

I am also probably missing a major step since I am trying to just make it work off of a few flow videos I watched that had no similar example. 

Entry criteria:
Title is not empty 
A Record is created or updated

Then I have it immediately going into the first decision using all the set criteria to check if the title contains an HR or L&D term. 

(ie. Title contains hr
Title contains h.r.
Title contains human
etc.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

Hi Team,

I built this formula a few years ago and it's time to update it.
I was not able to make it worth just using the MM and DD values, which would be sustainable and shorter.

It's basically checking if the release date (Invoice sent date) is in between our specific payout schedule. 

Pay out Calendar

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Formula field currently:

IF( cld__ReleaseDate__c < DATE(2019,01,01), cld__ReleaseDate__c ,
IF( cld__Date2__c < DATE(2019,01,01) && cld__ReleaseDate__c >= DATE(2019,01,01), cld__ReleaseDate__c ,
IF( cld__ReleaseDate__c >= DATE(2019,01,01) && cld__ReleaseDate__c <= DATE(2019,04,10), DATE(2019,04,01),
IF( cld__ReleaseDate__c >= DATE(2019,04,11) && cld__ReleaseDate__c <= DATE(2019,07,10), DATE(2019,07,01),
IF( cld__ReleaseDate__c >= DATE(2019,07,11) && cld__ReleaseDate__c <= DATE(2019,10,10), DATE(2019,10,01),
IF( cld__ReleaseDate__c >= DATE(2019,10,11) && cld__ReleaseDate__c <= DATE(2020,01,10), DATE(2020,01,01),
IF( cld__ReleaseDate__c >= DATE(2020,01,11) && cld__ReleaseDate__c <= DATE(2020,04,10), DATE(2020,04,01),
IF( cld__ReleaseDate__c >= DATE(2020,04,11) && cld__ReleaseDate__c <= DATE(2020,07,10), DATE(2020,07,01),
IF( cld__ReleaseDate__c >= DATE(2020,07,11) && cld__ReleaseDate__c <= DATE(2020,10,10), DATE(2020,10,01),
IF( cld__ReleaseDate__c >= DATE(2020,10,11) && cld__ReleaseDate__c <= DATE(2021,01,10), DATE(2021,01,01),
IF( cld__ReleaseDate__c >= DATE(2021,01,11) && cld__ReleaseDate__c <= DATE(2021,04,10), DATE(2021,04,01),
IF( cld__ReleaseDate__c >= DATE(2021,04,11) && cld__ReleaseDate__c <= DATE(2021,07,10), DATE(2021,07,01),
IF( cld__ReleaseDate__c >= DATE(2021,07,11) && cld__ReleaseDate__c <= DATE(2021,10,10), DATE(2021,10,01),
IF( cld__ReleaseDate__c >= DATE(2021,10,11) && cld__ReleaseDate__c <= DATE(2022,01,10), DATE(2022,01,01),
null
))))))))))))))

Hello Developers!

We are trying to create a workflow that is searching if a title contains any of the strings we list. The issue is the below only works if that is the entire value of the string which would never happen. 

Example: Check if Job Title contains any of: Head, head of, Head of, Leader, leiter, Leiter and update Persona to "Team Head"

Formula used: 
CONTAINS("head:ho:head of:Head of:lead:leiter:leader:Projektleiterin", Title )

This works if someone's title is "Head of" but if you make it "Head of Marketing" the rule is not fired. 

Please tell me there is a way for the system to achieve this. This is a very straightforward request. In Salesforce reports, if I use Owner Role Contains "US" it correctly shows all the US Sales Reps, US Account Managers, US Customer Success Managers. 

I appreciate your time and help. 
Hi There,

We are trying to make our custom clone button work in Lightning.
It voids out/ prefills certain values when our Finance team clones the opportunity.

Code used successfully in classic:
/{!Opportunity.Id}/e?clone=1&cloneli=1&retURL=%2F{!Opportunity.Id}&00N1r0000099WnC=&00Nw0000008ZV9D=&00N1r0000099Wms=&00Nw0000008ZV93=&00Nw0000008ZV98=&00N20000003bJHA=0.00&00N20000003bJH5=0.00&00Nw0000008TCpR=0.00&/00N20000003bJHF=0.00&00N20000003Iu7n=&00N1r0000099X0a=&00N1r0000099Wmx=&00N1r0000099X35=&00N20000000iMfb=&00Nw0000008knFZ=&00N1r00000KSLhc=&opp10=&Owner=Owner&opp14=&opp11=Account Review/Renewal&opp12=80&opp5=Renewal

Please advise. :-)
Hello Everyone,

I have read many posts and the knowledge articles regarding Date/Time formulas. However, I am confusing myself further.

I have a formula that converts a Date field, let's say Close Date, to "Date/Time." However, this only captures the hour versus the actual time stamp.

For what I need this for, I need to differentiate clearly to provide a true sequence of order. 

Formula: DATETIMEVALUE(CloseDate ) is only giving me the hour.
Is this a limitation?

Deal Date time
Hello Everyone,
I am working on a finance project utilizing the application S-Docs.

I would like for my finance team to be able to click on the custom "Invoice" button and then based on 4 fields and their selections, the correct template would automatically be selected.

I know this is possible as S-Docs has the documentation here: http://www.sdocs.com/resources/documentation/automating-conditional-template-selection-and-generation/

Here is an example of the criteria and hopefully I can build off of that because there are quite a few combinations I need to cover.

If Entity = INC, Language = English, Currency = USD, Taxation Country = United States, then select template id: a1O8E000002Lnq9
If Entity = AG, Language = German, Currency = EUR, Taxation Country = Switzerland, then select template id: a1O8E000002Lpmc

For INC, there are only 3 possible outcomes (templates).
However, for AG, there are 9 possible templates..for now.

Thank you for reading my post--I appreciate your time!!

From S-Docs Documentation

Julia
Hello Everyone,

I need to create a validation rule to not allow the Close Date be changed : ISCHANGED( CloseDate )
if it is from a previous fiscal year (2016 and earlier) and the stage is in Closed-Won: ISPICKVAL(StageName, 'Closed – Won')

UNLESS it is done by either Profile IDs:
     $User.ProfileId = "00ew0000001R9Bh",
        $User.ProfileId = "00ew0000001R98E"

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thank you,
Julia

Hello All,
I simply want to add a lead from Linkedin Sales Navigator to the Linkedin Campaign via process builder. So far it has not worked.

Lead- only when it is created:
User-added image

Record Type = Linkedin Lead
Automatically create New Campaign member.

User-added image

What am I missing here??

Thank you,
Julia

Hello,

I am wondering how to create a custom button "New Contract" on the opportunity level.
Is this possible? I could not find an answer anywhere.

Thank you for your time.
Julia

Hello All,

I set up a workflow to be triggered when the picklist value of Lead Status is "B2C subscriber", when it is created and every time it is edited to subsequently meet this criteria. With the action to update the custom currency field, "Potential B2C Revenue" to 0.00. However, I have tested this and nothing changes when I save a record to the B2C Subscriber status.

It only allows me to select the new Potential Revenue Value as a blank value or a formula. I wasn't aware there was a formula for "0.00"??
Any help would be appreciated. 

Currency Output Options

Thank you,
Julia
Hello All,

My marketing team has brought up an issue regarding the campaign Statistics. We use iContact with our Campaigns and usually whenever you click on “Update Statistics” button on the Campaigns layout, these update in salesforce. With the last few campaigns, these stats never update and in fact show a loading bar for several hours.

In the iContact’s account, all the stats are available so they are just not syncing with Salesforce. Any ideas on why these stats will not update when they used to just fine?

Thank you,
Julia

Hello All,
I am trying to create a Mass Update Button for my custom object: LC_Call_Notes__c and I am doing this by copying the code from the mass update button used on our standard objects.

I am getting the following error: Error: Unknown method 'LC_Call_Notes__cStandardController.step2()'

Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you,
Julia
---------------------- Code from the first few lines------------------------------

<apex:page standardController="LC_Call_Notes__c" id="page">
<script>
    var lName ="/_ui/common/data/LookupPage?lkfm=editPage&lknm=";

function showLookup(ctrlID,objKeyPrefix)
        {
            openLookup(lName + ctrlID +"&lktp="+objKeyPrefix,670);
        }
</script>

<!-- for this page to work with a specific custom object, change standController="entityname" to custom object api name  
    For example, if custom object name is Warehouse__c, change first part of the first line to standardController="warehouse__c" -->

Hello All,
I am trying to create a trigger in the Process Builder to Update a custom "Risks Updated by" field and Risk Updated Date field to the current user and today () if any 1 of 3 Account fields were changed.

I tested it out and I received an error via email that says this: Error Occurred: UPDATE --- UPDATE FAILED --- ERRORS : (MALFORMED_ID) Risks Updated By: id value of incorrect type: Julia Rodriguez, 
I used this as the formula:  $User.FirstName + " "+ " " +$User.LastName

Can anyone help me fix this so I do not get this error?

Thank you for your time!

Julia

Hello All,

I am still a SF Admin Newb but I am learning more and more everyday. I am going to throw this out into the SF Developer universe with hopes someone can assist me on how to do this if it's possible:

I would like our Custom Object "LC Account Notes" to Automatically be Created each time an Opportunity is Closed-Won for an Account. The challenge in our Org is the Account Owner is always a Sales Rep, but each Rep has a Consultant who drives the strategy with the client. For this reason, the Consultants need their own designated area to track their activities, calls, and strategies separated from the Sales Cycle/ generic Account Details.

So if I can automate the creation of the Custom Object LC Account Notes, we would be golden. (See Screenshot).User-added image
If created from the Account Page, Account Name is auto-populated so I guess I also need to know if the "Subject" aka the LC Account Note Name can be populated. Ideally by the Account Name & Contract Year: "LC Account Notes: Test Inc. 2016-2017"

In the future, I would like the Account Strategy to also be created automatically but this can definitely wait.

Any insight or direction with this is much appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your time!
Julia Rodriguez

Hello All,
I am hoping to get some expertise on this formula I have been trying to create.

Outcome needed: Formula Field that yields a Text Value of "Zone 1," Zone 2," "Zone 3" or "Zone 4." depending on Picklist Values selected by the user.
Data input from Picklist values Activity Type and Activity Stage:

Zone 1 = Activity type does not equal “Call”, “Zone 1”  (This indicates there have been no calls at all with the client but there could have been an email, meeting, webinar etc.)
Zone 2 = Activity Type = "Call", Activity_Stage__c  does not equal “Strategy”, “Strategy Review”, “Account Review,” “Zone 2” (This indicates there has been a call with the client but it is not a Strategy or Account Review Call)
Zone 3 = Activity Type = "Call", Activity_Stage__c = “Strategy” or “Strategy Review”, “Zone 3” (This indicates there has been a call regarding strategy)
Zone 4 = Activity Type = "Call", Activity_Stage__c = “Account Review Call”, “Zone 4” (This indicates there has been an Account Review Call)

Thank you for your time and assistance.
Julia
Hello,

I am trying to write a rule that checks when:

ProductCode = 'abc' OR ProductCode = 'def'
and both picklist values for their corresponding Target Group matches eachother, otherwise, shoot an error.

TEXT(Target_Group__c) = TEXT(Target_Group__c) but only for these 2 product codes. 

Is this possible? Any guidance is much appreciated as I keep getting errors in my attempts. 

Hello, 
I am trying to write several formulas to use in a flow to check if a date is in between a range. The issue is I want it to be sustainable and only compare the Month and Day only, not the year. 

Example:
say the input date field is March 1, 2023

I want to know if it's equal to or greater than January 11 and less than or equal to April 10th and not include the year. 

Is this possible?

Tried something like this and it failed: 

AND(
MONTH({!$Record.Comp_Approved_Date__c}) >= 1,
MONTH({!$Record.Comp_Approved_Date__c}) <= 4,
DAY({!$Record.Comp_Approved_Date__c})  >= 11,
DAY({!$Record.Comp_Approved_Date__c})  <= 10
)
Hello Developers!

We are trying to create a workflow that is searching if a title contains any of the strings we list. The issue is the below only works if that is the entire value of the string which would never happen. 

Example: Check if Job Title contains any of: Head, head of, Head of, Leader, leiter, Leiter and update Persona to "Team Head"

Formula used: 
CONTAINS("head:ho:head of:Head of:lead:leiter:leader:Projektleiterin", Title )

This works if someone's title is "Head of" but if you make it "Head of Marketing" the rule is not fired. 

Please tell me there is a way for the system to achieve this. This is a very straightforward request. In Salesforce reports, if I use Owner Role Contains "US" it correctly shows all the US Sales Reps, US Account Managers, US Customer Success Managers. 

I appreciate your time and help. 
Hi There,

We are trying to make our custom clone button work in Lightning.
It voids out/ prefills certain values when our Finance team clones the opportunity.

Code used successfully in classic:
/{!Opportunity.Id}/e?clone=1&cloneli=1&retURL=%2F{!Opportunity.Id}&00N1r0000099WnC=&00Nw0000008ZV9D=&00N1r0000099Wms=&00Nw0000008ZV93=&00Nw0000008ZV98=&00N20000003bJHA=0.00&00N20000003bJH5=0.00&00Nw0000008TCpR=0.00&/00N20000003bJHF=0.00&00N20000003Iu7n=&00N1r0000099X0a=&00N1r0000099Wmx=&00N1r0000099X35=&00N20000000iMfb=&00Nw0000008knFZ=&00N1r00000KSLhc=&opp10=&Owner=Owner&opp14=&opp11=Account Review/Renewal&opp12=80&opp5=Renewal

Please advise. :-)
Hello Everyone,

I have read many posts and the knowledge articles regarding Date/Time formulas. However, I am confusing myself further.

I have a formula that converts a Date field, let's say Close Date, to "Date/Time." However, this only captures the hour versus the actual time stamp.

For what I need this for, I need to differentiate clearly to provide a true sequence of order. 

Formula: DATETIMEVALUE(CloseDate ) is only giving me the hour.
Is this a limitation?

Deal Date time
Hello Everyone,

I need to create a validation rule to not allow the Close Date be changed : ISCHANGED( CloseDate )
if it is from a previous fiscal year (2016 and earlier) and the stage is in Closed-Won: ISPICKVAL(StageName, 'Closed – Won')

UNLESS it is done by either Profile IDs:
     $User.ProfileId = "00ew0000001R9Bh",
        $User.ProfileId = "00ew0000001R98E"

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thank you,
Julia
Hello,

I am wondering how to create a custom button "New Contract" on the opportunity level.
Is this possible? I could not find an answer anywhere.

Thank you for your time.
Julia

Hello All,

I set up a workflow to be triggered when the picklist value of Lead Status is "B2C subscriber", when it is created and every time it is edited to subsequently meet this criteria. With the action to update the custom currency field, "Potential B2C Revenue" to 0.00. However, I have tested this and nothing changes when I save a record to the B2C Subscriber status.

It only allows me to select the new Potential Revenue Value as a blank value or a formula. I wasn't aware there was a formula for "0.00"??
Any help would be appreciated. 

Currency Output Options

Thank you,
Julia
Hello All,
I am trying to create a Mass Update Button for my custom object: LC_Call_Notes__c and I am doing this by copying the code from the mass update button used on our standard objects.

I am getting the following error: Error: Unknown method 'LC_Call_Notes__cStandardController.step2()'

Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you,
Julia
---------------------- Code from the first few lines------------------------------

<apex:page standardController="LC_Call_Notes__c" id="page">
<script>
    var lName ="/_ui/common/data/LookupPage?lkfm=editPage&lknm=";

function showLookup(ctrlID,objKeyPrefix)
        {
            openLookup(lName + ctrlID +"&lktp="+objKeyPrefix,670);
        }
</script>

<!-- for this page to work with a specific custom object, change standController="entityname" to custom object api name  
    For example, if custom object name is Warehouse__c, change first part of the first line to standardController="warehouse__c" -->

Hello All,
I am trying to create a trigger in the Process Builder to Update a custom "Risks Updated by" field and Risk Updated Date field to the current user and today () if any 1 of 3 Account fields were changed.

I tested it out and I received an error via email that says this: Error Occurred: UPDATE --- UPDATE FAILED --- ERRORS : (MALFORMED_ID) Risks Updated By: id value of incorrect type: Julia Rodriguez, 
I used this as the formula:  $User.FirstName + " "+ " " +$User.LastName

Can anyone help me fix this so I do not get this error?

Thank you for your time!

Julia