• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I wrote an email alert that is sent from the Shipment Object (a custom in our SF).  It is sent to the email address of the Contact listed on the shipment.

How do I get the email created from the email alert to appear in the Activity History section of the Shipment object?

--David

Hi All,

I made a small modification to an existing Apex Trigger and saved it as a different name.  The new trigger updates a different field based on the same logic as the original trigger.  I also created a new unit test the same way. 

However the new trigger does not do anything.  Is there anything that I need to do to activate the trigger in the sandbox?

--David

Hi ALl,

We have multiple page layouts for a custom object called shipments.  On the top they all look similar.  Is there a way to add a heading to the top of each screen that says the Page Layout name?

I've done this using the first section's header but I'd like to find a better way.

TIA

--David

Hi All,

A workflow and an API worked together in an unintended way to flood our history tracking section with a bunch of field changes to one specific field.  This makes it hard to find meaningful info in the field history section.

What I would like to happen is for all the changes from that field to be removed from the field history section. 

I suspect Salesforce has an internal way to do this and would like some guidance on how to make this request and who to make it to. I have already tried creating a case and having a conversation with our account rep and the response I've gotten is don't know/ it can't be done.

--David

Hello,

As an email alert can be sent to a Salesforce user, is there anyway for Salesforce to send an Email Alert to a Contact in Salesforce, based on a field changing on that Contact's record?

--David

Hi All,

I installed Salesforce For Outlook 2010 on a users machine, but can not get the "Send & Add" toolbar to appear.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--David

Hi All,

Anytime a Picklist value changes I would like to update a timestamp field.  What logic can be used to determine that the field changes value ISChanged(Text(My Pick List field)) does not work.

Have a clunky way of doing this but hoping to get a more precise way.

TIA

--David

Hi All,

I pulled the formula below off  another thread.  It works for times before 7:00PM and gives inaccurate sometimes negative results e.g. -1:48AM afterwards.

Any thoughts on how to adjust?

--David

IF(DATEVALUE(Now()) <= DATE(2012,03,11) || DATEVALUE(Now()) >= DATE(2012,11,04),

/* checks to see if date falls between Daylight Savings adjustment dates (would have to be updated once a year) */

TEXT(IF(VALUE(MID(TEXT(Now()),12,2)) <= 17, VALUE(MID(TEXT(Now()),12,2)) - 5, VALUE(MID(TEXT(Now()),12,2)) - 17)),

TEXT(IF(VALUE(MID(TEXT(Now()),12,2)) <= 16, VALUE(MID(TEXT(Now()),12,2)) - 4, VALUE(MID(TEXT(Now()),12,2)) - 16)))

/* adjusts hours for EST & Daylight Savings according to date */

&

MID(TEXT(Now()),14,3)

/* displays minutes */

&

IF(VALUE(MID(TEXT(Now()),12,2)) <= 16, " AM", " PM")

/* checks GMT time and adds 'AM' or 'PM' based on results */

Hi All,

If you are an independent Apex/Visual Force developer and interested in working with us on a project basis please email me at dlevins@betterworldbooks.com.  Please include your hourly rate and previous experience in the email.

Thank you.

--David

David Levins

Salesforce Administrator

Better World Books

http://www.betterworldbooks.com/

Hi All,

We have a custom object called Payments, which has lookup relationship with the Account object.  I have a button on the Payment Object which is trying to pull in some fields from the Account it is related to.  Here is an example of the code, which is not working:  &00N300000016SIV={!Account.PaymentAddressLine1__c}

Any suggestions?

TIA

--David

Hi All,

I have a detail page button on the Opportunity screen which creates a new Commission Role sub object.  This button works fine, but when I try to use the same code from the Commission Role object to create a list button, the top two dropsdowns are not populating. 

/a0A/e?
00N300000016YF6="NPLP Payment"&
00N40000001fa2f="Commission"&
CF00N300000016SBI={!Opportunity.Account}&
CF00N300000016SBI_lkid={!Opportunity.AccountId}&
CF00N300000016S80={!Opportunity.Name}&
CF00N300000016S80_lkid={!Opportunity.Id}

Any thoughts on why this is occuring and what needs to be done to make it occur?

Hi All,

When we send a BCC email back to Salesforce the Activity Type is not populating(it is blank, where it should be "Email").  I have tried adding a workflow rule and making "Email" the default type. 

Any suggestions?

--David

Hi All,

We are looking for some help in writting modifying some unit tests.  If you are interested in doing this work, please contact me at dlevins@betterworldbooks.com.  We are interested in working directly with the individual doing the work.

Thank you.

--David

Hi All,

When a button is clicked if there are any conversion issues the following alert code runs:

alert('Conversion Issues');

}

Instead of displaying the text  'Conversion Issue'  I would like it to pull the value from the !Lead.Conversion_Issues__c field.

TIA

--David

Hi All,

When forwarding an email to SF via the BCC method, has anyone gotten the type dropdown to populate?

--David

Hi All,

How would I create a formula that extracts the time from a LastModifiedDate field.  For example:

Last Modified By = David Levins, 1/31/2012 9:58 AM

Want Time Stamp formula field to equal "9:58 AM"

Thank you.

--David

Hi All,

Having been our company's SF Administrator for over 3 years it would be good to have another pair of eyes take an indepth look at how our SF is set up and make suggestions on how it can be done better.  If you are a consultant who does this type of work, please email me at dlevins@betterworldbooks.com

--David

Hi All,

I am trying to attach a gmail onto a Contact's record in Salesforce and it is going into "Unresolved Items".

The contact and his email are unique in Salesforce and the email address appears in the body of the email I am forwarding to Salesforce emailtosalesforce@l-5fhsv8ve3..... and exactly matches the email address on the Contact record.

Does anyone have some info on why this is happening and how to resolve it.

Thank you.

--David

Hi All,

I imported our reports from production to eclipse. Within a specific folder I would like to see created date next to the report name.  Ideally would like to be able to sort on created date as well in order to do a mass delete.  (this is a temporary folder and we just keep reports that were created in the last 30 days)

Any guidance on how to do this would be appreciated.

--David

Hi All,

We have a workflow rule that creates a task.   Is there a way to populate the Type field on that task with a certain value?

I tried creating a field update workflow, but that does not work.  Probably a sequence issue.

--David

Hi All,

I am trying to pull in the Account Owner's Name to a custom object using a formula. However just see an option for the Account Owner ID.

TIA

David

Hi All

I am working with the Approval Process and have the following question:  Is there a way to report on the "Actual Approver" field (located in the Approval History section) if not is there a way to transfer the value from the Actual Approval field to a field on the object.

TIA

David

Hi All,

I wrote an email alert that is sent from the Shipment Object (a custom in our SF).  It is sent to the email address of the Contact listed on the shipment.

How do I get the email created from the email alert to appear in the Activity History section of the Shipment object?

--David

Hi All,

When a button is clicked if there are any conversion issues the following alert code runs:

alert('Conversion Issues');

}

Instead of displaying the text  'Conversion Issue'  I would like it to pull the value from the !Lead.Conversion_Issues__c field.

TIA

--David

Hi All,

How would I create a formula that extracts the time from a LastModifiedDate field.  For example:

Last Modified By = David Levins, 1/31/2012 9:58 AM

Want Time Stamp formula field to equal "9:58 AM"

Thank you.

--David

Hi All,

I am trying to attach a gmail onto a Contact's record in Salesforce and it is going into "Unresolved Items".

The contact and his email are unique in Salesforce and the email address appears in the body of the email I am forwarding to Salesforce emailtosalesforce@l-5fhsv8ve3..... and exactly matches the email address on the Contact record.

Does anyone have some info on why this is happening and how to resolve it.

Thank you.

--David

Hi All,

We have a workflow rule that creates a task.   Is there a way to populate the Type field on that task with a certain value?

I tried creating a field update workflow, but that does not work.  Probably a sequence issue.

--David

Hi All,

I am trying to pull in the Account Owner's Name to a custom object using a formula. However just see an option for the Account Owner ID.

TIA

David

Hi All,

Does anyone know what would cause the code coverage on a unit test to drop?  So the trigger and test have not changed but the code coverage was 88% last month, now it is 65%.

--David

Hi All,

I would like the act of selecting a certain value in dropdown A to cause dropdown B to be be populated with a different set of values.  Just as selecting a certain account record type will change the values in the account type dropdown values without having to save the record.

Does anyone know how to do this using a trigger?

--David

Hi All,

We are trying to implement Find Nearby  in our Sandbox (Enterprise edition) and when we click on the "Locate Lead" link it takes us to a screen that says "You're Done!" but it does not show the map. 

Thinking perhaps there is another application we need to install or a setting we need to change, but not sure what that would be.

TIA,

David

Hello – I followed all the setup instructions closely but every time I click on the GeoCode Tab it only comes back with the message “Your Done!”. Any suggestions? Thanks in Advance. Mike L.

Hi,

Some of our users don't like that the new interface has the same color for all the screens  (lead, account, contact..).  They miss the way the old interface had different colors for different screens.  Does anyone know a way to change the colors on the screens?

Thanks.

--David

Hi All,

I am trying to upload data to a custom object using the sforce Connector and the Record Type field is not available.  Does anyone know how to make the Record Type field available?

--David

Hi All,

We are over the limit on storage space, does anyone know of any good options for reducing the amount of storage used (other than deleting).

David

Hi All

I'm trying to create a formula field on the Case Field that links to a Case Owner's User Profile.  Would like to pull a custom field on the User Profile called "Alternative Contact"

The thing we are trying to accomplish is populate an Alternative Contact field so that when a User is out of the office all of his Cases get assigned to this Alternative Contact.

Doesn't seem to be able to connect with fields on the User Profile the way one can connects with fields on other objects and was hoping to get some guidance on how to best connect with these fields.

Thank you.

David

Hi All,

New at Apex and not making an important connection.

I'm writing a Unit Test for an Apex Trigger.  Using Eclipse how do you connect an Apex Unit Test Class with the Apex Trigger. See the Apex Test Runner tab in Eclipse (under my Apex Triger) but not how to get my Apex Test Class listed in this tab.

Thank you.

David

Is there a way to populate a multiselect pick list via workflow rules.  If it was a text field I would be able to say if record type = x then populate field with y.

If not does anyone know an alternative method of accomplishing the same thing.

David