• 5 Points
  • Member since 2003

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We are currently planning the migration of Cases from PeopleSoft CRM 8.0 to Salesforce.com and need to maintain certain information currently tracked in a case history record definition.  This way we will be able to continue reporting on cases that have been in a particular status for a particular period of time whether a migrated or a new case within Salesforce.com.

According to the documentation in sforce API Case History is not an entity that may be written too.  Is there anyway to meet this need then in the next release of sforce?  What other options are available other than using custom fields on the case entity?

• September 19, 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to create a sControl using Visual C#, but MSDN says that Windows User Control (.NET version of ActiveX control) can no longer be hosted on Internet Explorer...  I tried Web User Control but it seems that only works on asp pages...

Does anybody know if I can create a sControl in Visual C#?

thx, nucks, 

• January 20, 2004

Hi,

Is there a way to automatically request an export of all of my company data using a .Net application? Currently you have to log onto the site and click on the request for an export, and then wait for an email and then click on the link to download the information. It would be great if we could run an application that does the first part for us and then we would just have to wait for the email to download the info.

Just looking for a way to automate this process, any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

• January 06, 2004
Would it be possible to add support for general html templates instead of just the web integration links.

So I can create a form button instead of just a link, and not have to worry about the length of the URL. A fake example:

Internet Explorer can supposedly handle URLs up to about 2000 characters (and Apache about 8000), but the general recommendation is to keep it below 256. If I could use a POST request (with a form button) instead of a GET request (with a link), the size wouldn't matter.

Thanks,

I have created a field for the number of hours spent on a case (versus aging -which overstates time spent). I need to create a weekly report indicating hours spent per case.  Issue: reports by creation or modification date will only show the total hours, and don't provide me the hours spent (added to) this week.  Is there an option where I can create modified hours this week?

Thanks,

Moe

• December 27, 2003

Hi,

I am a newbie to salesForce and am in the process of implementing using the 2.5 Web services available. I had a question about the possibility of listening to events like, creation/updation of Opportunity, Accounts etc. Is there a way for me to register my program so that I could receive notification events when these events occur?

Thanks in advance.

Is there any way to pass parameters from the useful links on the home page as you can do from the links on the account detail page or other detail pages?

Alternately, is there a way to put a web integration link on the account page (not account detail)?

Thanks.

• December 23, 2003
Is there any way to access the sforce api without having system administrator privileges?

Error 1222: Failure inserting - storage limit exceeded

I got this message inserting a lead even though there are only 2 leads in my workspace! While developing/testing I have been inserting and deleting this same lead repeatedly, could this be the problem? Or perhaps a development edition limitation?

We are currently planning the migration of Cases from PeopleSoft CRM 8.0 to Salesforce.com and need to maintain certain information currently tracked in a case history record definition.  This way we will be able to continue reporting on cases that have been in a particular status for a particular period of time whether a migrated or a new case within Salesforce.com.

According to the documentation in sforce API Case History is not an entity that may be written too.  Is there anyway to meet this need then in the next release of sforce?  What other options are available other than using custom fields on the case entity?

• September 19, 2003