• Salesforce

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Am working on a text field (ex:XYZ) update. this is a long text area which basically works for the leads web activity. i have a custom field ABC which updates the last activity of the lead. every time ABC field get a new value i want the text field XYZ to be updated with the new value without deleting the old value.The old update should not be removed and the new value should come on the first line. not sure on how the forumala should help in this matter,. even though i tried it takes off the old value.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

CK

• September 13, 2011
I am trying to create a report where I have 2 custom date fields.   I want to be able to compare the fields so is field X is greater then field Y it should show it.  Any ideas?
  • September 24, 2009

The  Picklist has an option to choose -- None --

In my application, I want the user to always choose an item.

I have been unsuccessful in developing a validation rule that puts an Error Message and Does NOT Save the records.

Codes Checked

====

ISPICKVAL(CustomObject__c,"null") in the Debug Log

Values Found:  CustomObject__c = null

Result: Pass-Continue

This ISPICKVAL should be true and the Error Message Box Shown

====

Tried the Following ----

OR(ISPICKVAL(CustomObject__c, "Item A"),ISPICKVAL(CustomObject__C,"Item B"))

Value Found: CustomObject__c = Item A

First ISPICKVAL would be True and the Second ISPICKVAL should be so Expression is True

Result: Pass-Continue

====

Changed the "null" to "--None--"

If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

My users are used to adding a "Date Completed" to their cases, but they forget to actually close the case.  I could go about this in one of two ways:

OPTION 1: Create a validation rule whereby if the "Date Completed" exists, then the Case Stage must be set to Closed.

OPTION 2: If a Date Completed exists, the the Case Stage automatically moves to Closed.

Any suggestions?

I currently have a link on the contact link section created by ExactTarget:

http://members.exacttarget.com/Integration/SalesforceUI/SFResubscribe.aspx?subtype=Contact&sfid={!Contact.Id}&sessid={!API.Session_ID}&sessurl={!API.Partner_Server_URL_60}

I would like to create this link as a formula field using Hyperlink() but am struggling with where to put the quote marks in this URL.

• August 12, 2009

Hello

I have created validation rules for each of the Shipping Address fileds in SFDC except for the Country field. The purpose for these rules are to prevent users from creating accounts with blank addresses. In addition to the simple validation rules I am trying to incorporate an override to where If UserID = 'UserID1','UserID2','UserID' Then skip validation.

I have had no success doing this, the main purpose is to load/edit accounts in SFDC from the dataloader where the accounts do not have all address fields filled out or if an Admin wants to modify an account that does not have all of the Shipping Address filled out.

Has anyone done something similar if so can you share your validation rule code?

Thank you all for your help!

I have a client who has a large number of related lists on multiple objects.  They want an org-wide solution to adjust the system default of "up to 5" records that display on all related lists for all objects.  They want it to be "up to 2" to shrink the length of the detail page displays. 

Each user could then use the "more/fewer" link at the bottom of the page to adjust that display in increments of of their choosing.  They'd even be ok with a solution that makes those links match the default number set in the org-wide display settings.   

I can't find a way to override the current defaults that show records only in increments of 5.  Any ideas?

• August 11, 2009

I'm trying to set up an Opportunity validation rule, whereby if "Closed Lost" is selected from the Stage picklist, a specified custom field (Reason) must be completed. 

I set up the formula as follows:

AND (

ISPICKVAL(StageName,"Closed Lost"),

ISNULL(Reason__c))

No errors are found, but I do not get an error message when selecting this criteria.

Also, can validation rules be specific to certain record types only?

Thanks for your help!

• August 07, 2009

I have custom membership data for my website subscribers. I've created a new section under the contacts tab named "Membership Information" which lists the unique ID and other custom membership specific fields.

However, I do not want this section to display if the Unique ID IsNull or empty. Is there a way to set-up this type of condition in salesforce?

I need a formula that references a Lookup to a custom object from a parent record.  When I do the standard formula that I think should work, the 15 digit ID is what is returned.  What am I missing?

Thanks,

Mark 

We have a multiselect field where we can note "Special Designations" for Accounts . . . can be things like Fortune 500 or other special groups we want to associate the Account to without having tons of check boxes.  We are also doing some cleanup/lockdown on some specially designated Accounts and I want to restrict users (except admins) from changing the Account Name if a particular value is selected in that Special Designations multiselect list--lets say that special designation is Fortune 500.  How would that validation rule be written?  I believe that multiselect lists can be included in validation rules now but I'm not sure how to actually do it.

I tried the following but I get an error trying to reference the multiselect picklist.  But I am crummy with formulas so not sure what the solution is.  Any suggestions would be gratefully welcomed!

AND( IF($User.ProfileId <>"00e70000000wI69", true, false),
 IF(
Special_Designations__c
,"Fortune 500", false), IF( ISCHANGED( Name ), true, false) )

I would like to create a rule based on two fields rather than comparing a field to a fixed example.

Specifically I would like to compare the  Opportunity Product: List Price against the Opportunity Product: Sales Price and update a field only if Sales Price < List Price.

Is there a way to accomplish this? I can't seem to figure out how to compare one field against another in the workflow rules

I'm mapping fields for a migration of legacy data into a custom object.  For whatever reason, the RecordType field is not available for me to map to.  The RecordTypeID field is available, however, but to use that I'd have to update my CSV with Salesforce's RecordTypeID hash. Updating the CSV does not seem like the right answer and it will become a problem later. Anyone know how to fix this or a workaround?

Has anyone figured out how to create a custom formula that will count the number of attachments?  Actually, it needs to be part of a validation rule.  "If Opportunity Stage = 'xxx', then the record must have one attachment."

Is this possible without APEX\VF?

Custom Object: Can

Formula: FEL_Monthly__c >0&& isnull( Monthly_Other_Specify__c )=True

I am trying to create an error message when a user enters a currency value in the field FEL Monthly but does not enter a value in field Monthly Other Specify. I have tried the above formula in several ways (with no syntax errors) and it will not return the error when I test it out. Please let me know what I need to change to make it return the error on the object.

• June 23, 2009

I'm trying to create an email that is sent automatically when a form is completed.Here's what my controller for the form I'm working on looks like:

public class GLeadExtension {
public Lead aLead ;
public GLeadExtension(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {
aLead = new Lead() ;
}
public PageReference step1() {
return Page.mhform422;
}
public PageReference step2() {
return Page.mhformpt2422;
}
public PageReference step3() {
return Page.mhformpt3422;
}
public PageReference step4() {
return Page.mhformconfirm;
}

public PageReference step5(string emailTo) {
return Page.mhformendpage;
}
public PageReference home() {
return Page.FileNotFound;
}

public static void send (string emailTo){
String[] toAddresses = new String[] {'margiro@piab.com'};
Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();

mail.setToAddresses(toAddresses);
mail.setReplyTo('support@acme.com');
mail.setSenderDisplayName('Piab Support');
mail.setSubject('New Case Created');
mail.setBccSender(false);
mail.setUseSignature(false);
mail.setPlainTextBody('An order for a conveyor has been created');
Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail });
}

public PageReference save() {
PageReference pr ;
try{
//ZillowService p = new ZillowService() ;
// make the web service call out
//ZillowTypes.PropertySearchResponse r = p.searchZillow( aLead.Street, aLead.City, aLead.State) ;
// store in custom field
//aLead.Home_Value__c = r.getZEstimateAmount() ;
// insert new record into DB
insert aLead ;
// redirect to the newly inserted lead
// pr = new PageReference( 'http://www.piab.com' );
pr = new PageReference( '/' + aLead.id );
}
catch( Exception e){
System.debug( '**** Caught Exception' +e ) ;
}
return pr ;

}
}

This doesn't send an email even though I believe I linked the button with the message code correctly because on the site it brings me to another page which makes me think that the email is tying to be sent. Is this code correct?

Message Edited by Margiro on 05-05-2009 01:57 PM

i have a basic question  ... whn i create a new custom Object, the owner field which is a standard field goes misisng when a master detail link is created . how can we solve this .. i use approval process and cannot automate tasks in the approval process due to the missing owner link .

This article in the apex code language reference talks about sharing programmatically.

Can I use this to make it so a customer portal user can see cases that are related to an account that the customer portal user is not directly related to?

Thank you.

I have a picklist called 'Relationship'.  Formula editor doesn't return a value.  I get the error 'use ISPICKLIST or CASE to work with picklists'.

I'm forced to use CASE and hard-code the choices.  Is there an easier way?

CASE(Relationship__c
, 'Aunt', 'Aunt'
, 'Best Friend', 'Best Friend'
, 'Boyfriend', 'Boyfriend'
, 'Daughter', 'Daughter'

, '< value missing >'
)

How I got here:

From cases, look-up a contact, click "new".  I would like to edit that page layout but cannot find how to anywhere.  What am I missing?

Thanks for any ideas.

Message Edited by Brookes on 04-21-2009 03:43 PM

I have 2 Chatter groups - both are decent size - 30-40 members and a few hundred posts each. I'm trying to merge them using the GroupMaster app. The app says everything finished, but the groups are not merged. When I look at the Apex Jobs history, I see an error "First error: List of size 25349122 exceeds heap limit. Try a smaller batch size."

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I installed the Chatter Bubble sample app (http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Chatter_Code_Recipes) in my Chatter enabled org and I'm seeing some strange behavior with profile pictures when looking at followers / following information. Some of the users don't show profile pictures, although I can see them if I use the standard Chatter screens. I haven't figured out what the pattern is between the ones that show and the ones that don't.

Any ideas?

By the way - excellent recipes!

Qualcomm is expanding our Salesforce Center of Excellence (CoE) and is looking for a skilled Salesforce developer to join our team.

Please do not reply to this post and apply directly at www.qualcomm.com/careers or by clicking on the Requisition # below.

Requisition #:G1878109

Job Title:       Salesforce Developer

Job Function    
The developer will be responsible for successfully developing and supporting standard and custom applications, extensions and integration for the Salesforce.com product in large enterprise environment. This position requires proven expertise in Salesforce.com configuration, development and support. The successful candidate will also be responsible and accountable for translating business processes into systems solutions, preparing systems requirements as needed, performing complex systems configurations to match business unit requirements. Must be able to analyze current business process(es) or needs and identify and implement streamlined, efficient application solutions.

Skills/Experience    

• Salesforce.com Certified Force.com Developer preferred
  • 2+ years of experience with Salesforce.com architecture, design, development, administration and operational support required
  • Force.com developer toolkit - Apex Classes, Controllers and Triggers, Visualforce, Force.com IDE, Migration Tool, Web Services, SOQL
  • Proven ability to design and optimize business processes and to integrate business processes across disparate systems
  • Technical skills: XML, HTML and CSS, SOAP, XML, JavaScript, AJAX, Object Oriented Development Skills (Java, .Net)

• Must demonstrate excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills.
  • Excellent organizational and follow through skills are required.
  • Experience developing system requirements is required.
  • Expreience with relational database management systems and design methodologies is required.
  • Excellent customer support skills.

Education Requirements
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or technical major required.

Qualcomm, a large Salesforce.com customer, is looking to add to its team of Salesforce analysts. If you are interested, please apply directly at www.qualcomm.com/careers (search for Salesforce).

Job Title

Systems Analyst - Salesforce.com CRM

Job Description

Provide enterprise support and implementation of Salesforce.com instances. The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for translating business processes into systems solutions, preparing system requirements, performing complex system configurations to match business unit requirements, providing Salesforce.com application training and facilitating communication with users. Must be able to analyze current business process(es) or needs, and identify and implement streamlined, efficient application solutions.

Skills/Experience
Two plus years providing systems or business process analyst support in an engineering, high tech, or sales industry required. Two plus years working with an integrated CRM solution a plus. Salesforce.com implementation and support experience strongly desired. Understanding of database concepts and data management (RDBMS) required.

Additional Skills
Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organizational and follow through skills are required. Experience developing system requirements is required. Experience with relational database management systems and design methodologies is required.Must demonstrate expert abilities in office productivity tools (MS Office suite).

Education Requirements

Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience required.

To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.

Message Edited by Mark Silber on 09-02-2009 07:01 AM

Qualcomm, a large Salesforce.com customer, is looking to add to its team of Salesforce analysts. If you are interested, please apply directly at www.qualcomm.com/careers (search for Salesforce).

Job Title

Systems Analyst - Salesforce.com CRM

Job Description 

Provide enterprise support and implementation of Salesforce.com instances. The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for translating business processes into systems solutions, preparing system requirements, performing complex system configurations to match business unit requirements, providing Salesforce.com application training and facilitating communication with users. Must be able to analyze current business process(es) or needs, and identify and implement streamlined, efficient application solutions.

Skills/Experience

Two plus years providing systems or business process analyst support in an engineering, high tech, or sales industry required. Two plus years working with an integrated CRM solution a plus. Salesforce.com implementation and support experience strongly desired. Understanding of database concepts and data management (RDBMS) required.

Additional Skills
Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organizational and follow through skills are required. Experience developing system requirements is required. Experience with relational database management systems and design methodologies is required.Must demonstrate expert abilities in office productivity tools (MS Office suite).

Education Requirements
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience required.

To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.

We have a public site that mimics the web2lead functionality but also includes the ability to upload a file (using inputFile). If a small file is attached and a validation error occurs, the page correctly displays the error messages and stops the processing. However, if a large ( > 1MB ) file is attached, when the Submit button is pressed, the system appears to be actually uploading the file before the validation errors occur. When this happens, the default sites Authorization Required page is displayed instead of the form. This is 100% reproducible. I've included the custom controller below. Any suggestions?

The site form is actually inside an iframe -- but I can reproduce the error by just bringing up the site page directly as well.

public class QprizeFormControllerExtension
{
/***********************************************************************************
Purpose: This class is the controller for the VF page QprizeForm
************************************************************************************/
public Lead NewLead {get; set;}
public Blob Businessfile {get; set;}
public String ContentType {get; set;}
public String FileName {get; set;}
public Integer Filesize {get; set;}
public boolean ValidationError{get; set;}

public QprizeFormControllerExtension()
{
NewLead = new Lead();
}

public pagereference SaveLeadnUploadFile()
{
ValidationError = false;
try
{
if(Businessfile == null || NewLead.Phone==null || NewLead.Competition_Rules_Regulations_Read__c == false || NewLead.General_Requirements_Read__c == false || NewLead.Company == '' || NewLead.CompanyLocation__c == null || NewLead.Street=='' || NewLead.City =='' || NewLead.PostalCode == null || NewLead.Company_Country__c == '' || NewLead.YearFounded__c == '' || NewLead.NumberOfEmployees == 0 || NewLead.BusinessSector__c == null || NewLead.Firstname == '' || NewLead.Lastname == '' || NewLead.Title =='' || NewLead.Email =='' || NewLead.BusinessDescription__c =='')
{
Businessfile = null;
ValidationError = true;
return null;
}
NewLead.LeadSource = 'Q-Prize 2009';

// Select the Active Lead Assignment Rule. There can only be 1 active rule
string id =[Select Name, Id From AssignmentRule where Active=true].id;
database.DMLOptions dmo = new database.DMLOptions();
dmo.AssignmentRuleHeader.assignmentRuleId=id;
dmo.AssignmentRuleHeader.useDefaultRule= false;
dmo.EmailHeader.triggerUserEmail = true;
dmo.EmailHeader.triggerAutoResponseEmail = true;
NewLead.setOptions(dmo);

insert NewLead;
System.debug('--Lead is created with ID: '+ Newlead.Id);

System.debug('****Businessfile '+ Businessfile);
if (Businessfile != null)
{
Attachment attach = new Attachment();
attach.Body = Businessfile;
attach.Name = FileName;
attach.ContentType = ContentType;
attach.ParentId = NewLead.id;
insert(attach);
System.debug('--Attachment is created with ID: '+ attach.Id);

}
} catch(System.DMLException e)
{
ApexPages.addmessages(e);
return null;
}

PageReference ConfirmationPage = new PageReference('http://qcventures.force.com/qprizeformconfirmation');

return ConfirmationPage;
}

//-------------------------Test Methods-------------------------------------------
public static testmethod void TestQprizecontroller()
{
Lead TestNewLead = new Lead();
TestNewLead.General_Requirements_Read__c = true;
TestNewLead.LeadSource = 'Q-Prize 2009';
TestNewLead.email = 'test@qualcomm.com';
TestNewLead.company = 'Qualcomm';
TestNewLead.Competition_Rules_Regulations_Read__c = true;
TestNewLead.General_Requirements_Read__c = true;
TestNewLead.Company = 'Qualcomm';
TestNewLead.CompanyLocation__c = 'San Diego';
TestNewLead.Street='Scranton Rd';
TestNewLead.City ='SD';
TestNewLead.PostalCode = '92121';
TestNewLead.Company_Country__c = 'USA';
TestNewLead.YearFounded__c = '1980';
TestNewLead.NumberOfEmployees = 9000;
TestNewLead.BusinessSector__c = 'Telecom';
TestNewLead.Firstname = 'Bob';
TestNewLead.Lastname = 'Smith';
TestNewLead.Title ='Mr';
testNewlead.Phone = '858-555-5555';
TestNewLead.Email ='bsmith@qualcommxx.com';
TestNewLead.BusinessDescription__c ='Test Desc';

QprizeFormControllerExtension Controller = new QprizeFormControllerExtension();
Blob NewFile = [Select body from Attachment limit 1].Body;
Controller.Businessfile = NewFile;
System.debug('****Controller.Businessfile '+ Controller.Businessfile);
Controller.FileName= 'TestFilename';
Controller.ContentType = 'ppt';
Controller.NewLead = TestNewLead;
PageReference SaveMethod = Controller.SaveLeadnUploadFile();

}
}

We have a requirement to have a simple Site page we are using for advanced web-to-lead translated and displayed in Chinese, in addition to the English language version we are using today. We can manually edit the field labels in the VF page, but that doesn't handle the picklists. Any ideas on the best way to accomplish this? We want the same source / picklists to render in Chinese for a different page.
**Contract to Perm**

Job Description  
Provide enterprise support and implementation of Salesforce.com instances.

The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for translating business processes into systems solutions, preparing system requirements, performing complex system configurations to match business unit requirements, providing Salesforce.com application training and facilitating communication with users. Must be able to analyze current business process(es) or needs, and identify and implement streamlined, efficient application solutions.

Skills/Experience

•  Two plus years providing systems or business process analyst support in an engineering, high tech, or sales industry required.
•  Two plus years working with an integrated CRM solution a plus.
•  Salesforce.com implementation and support experience strongly desired.
•  Understanding of database concepts and data management (RDBMS) required.

Additional Skills

•  Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
•  Excellent organizational and follow through skills are required.
•  Experience developing system requirements is required.
•  Experience with relational database management systems and design methodologies is required.
•  Must demonstrate expert abilities in office productivity tools (MS Office suite).

Education Requirements  Bachelor's degree in Information Technology

Applicants should be local to San Diego, CA or willing to relocate.

Please send your resume to me at -  dhrabovsky (at) qualcomm.com

Hi All,

I have

User set: 4

Total Statuses: 10

What I want to archieve is based on the status, I want to restrict the available statuses that are available to the user set and also control the status flow for some users. If the status is "Verified" then the next status should only be "Manage Signed Off".  

I know I can do this through code, but I was wondering if there is a better way to do this through existing functionality. Thanks.

Sanch.

Hello,

I have been tasked with integrated our telephone system with Salesforce and so wondered if someone could please help guide me in how this can be achieved. 

• January 10, 2012

Hi All,

I am using an iPhone 4 with Salesforce Mobile (the full edition).

I have created a Custom Object called "Price List" (we opted out of the sObject option SFDC offers).

My Custom Object has successfully been added to my Mobile Data Set, and is appearing without any issues on the iPhone App.

However, whenever a user utilises the Search facility on the App (to search through our 10,000 or so Products), the only field visible in the Search Results page layout, is Record Name (which for us is Product Code).  As the majority of people using this are more familiar with descriptions - it would be great for the Search Results layout to be able to be a two-field layout (as per Custom Mobile Page Layouts) - that way I can add the Description field.

I have searched everywhere, but cannot find any method of doing this (I have changed all the "Search Layouts" layouts available in the Admin set-up for this Custom objects, but nothing has worked) - can anyone help me to determine how I can change this Search Results layout - if it is indeed possible?

Many thanks,

Andy

Hi All 

I have a requirement of tracking all the field changes on every Object of my Salesforce Organisation. 

Is there any APP on APP exchange that supports the above functionality . 

Thanks In Advance

Adil

Our company wants to send mass email with text only.

Is there a way to track emails text? Or just can track the HTML Email?

There is any application? An another user told me there is an AppExchange application. 

Where can I find and how do I install?

I thought of entering text using the custom HTML template.

So I can track. But the text in the HTML doesn´t identify the merge fields ( {!Lead.Name} ) ! 

How can I do to track mass e-mail text?

please, help me! my email: lisa@limao.com.br

Hi,

Am working on a text field (ex:XYZ) update. this is a long text area which basically works for the leads web activity. i have a custom field ABC which updates the last activity of the lead. every time ABC field get a new value i want the text field XYZ to be updated with the new value without deleting the old value.The old update should not be removed and the new value should come on the first line. not sure on how the forumala should help in this matter,. even though i tried it takes off the old value.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

CK

• September 13, 2011

I was wondering whether anyone knew how to access the data

for email to case. I am after the mapping of service names to routing

names and email addresses. the email services objects seem to have

the service name but not the rest. I would appreciate any help that

could be offered.

thank you.

I have renamed the Products Object services. In the related list of the Account Object it still shows the title Products. How do I fix this?

Thanks,

V

Hello Developerforce!

I am a student developer with Oregon State University's Business Solutions Group and we are currently working on a Salesforce migration/integration project for one of the University's colleges. As you can imagine, the data we are working with is coming from several different places and in a variety of different formats. I was wondering if anyone with more experience in setting up Salesforce object schemas could talk about the pros and cons of relational database style normalization in Salesforce. What do we gain by not normalizing and using Record Types to categorize data? What do we lose?        

This message was inspired by this webpage: http://www.sforceguru.com/record-types

It seemed helpful, albeit incomplete.         

The answer to this question seems critical to the success of this project, so any thoughts or advice are very much appreciated. Thanks!

I have 2 Chatter groups - both are decent size - 30-40 members and a few hundred posts each. I'm trying to merge them using the GroupMaster app. The app says everything finished, but the groups are not merged. When I look at the Apex Jobs history, I see an error "First error: List of size 25349122 exceeds heap limit. Try a smaller batch size."

Any ideas?

Thanks.

@All Admins,

I have registered for a pre-release DE org using this URL , please let me know for how many days it will remain active. Is it 30 days?

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

Is there a way that we can automate the Test Data load for every Sandbox Refresh other than the Data Loader.

I heard that we can implement via Informatica Cloud. We do have Informatica Cloud.

can any one suggest me how to do that, 

Thank you

• April 26, 2011
when i send a case to email, > symbol is repeated >> --------------- Original Message --------------- >> From: azarudeen deen [cutegjajjjzarkmca@gmail.com] >> Sent: 3/16/2011 4:27 AM >> To: spprtgedghgmfail5@gmail.com >> Subject: test22 >> >> a >> c >> c >> c >> c >> c >> c >> >> >> ref:00DTIRTYHGFFPL.500T2mEGe:ref >> > >

We installed  third party app that is working with cases and when we collapse  section from the cases after 2 to 3 days later the sections expand again and we want to prevent this from happening.

We are using IE 8.0. Is that a browser issue. Though we have set IE setting as per the SFDC guidelines.

Thanks

Hi ,

I have a requirement to show the text appearing in formula field in red colour . Is it achievable? The exact requirement is to show a auto Number type field in red if the Target Date field value is behind today's date. And the styling should be seen not only in detail page but also in search results. I am wondering if this could be achieved using formula field.

• March 17, 2011

Hello everybody,

I wanted to know if i could set different default values for a text field on different page layouts?

Also, how do I default "closed" value for Case status on Close Case detail page when I click "Close Case" button on Case Page?

Thanks in Advance.

KW

I'm mapping fields for a migration of legacy data into a custom object.  For whatever reason, the RecordType field is not available for me to map to.  The RecordTypeID field is available, however, but to use that I'd have to update my CSV with Salesforce's RecordTypeID hash. Updating the CSV does not seem like the right answer and it will become a problem later. Anyone know how to fix this or a workaround?