• 75 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a managed package that has been running successfully referencing a business object that in some cases has over 2 million rows.  Prior to Spring'13 there was no issue.  With Spring'13 the query consistently fails with an error saying that the 100000 row limit has been exceeded.  Has anyone else seen this?  Have you found a solution?

I opened a case a couple of days ago but other than pass it from one rep to another around the globe, there has been nothing done on this.

• January 19, 2013

I have a managed package that handles roll up summaries just fine in Winter'13.  When I install the same package in a Spring '13 sandbox, the roll-up summaries never seem to complete the calculation.  The hour glass next to the field never goes away.

Has anyone else seen this or have suggestions about what the issue might be?

Thanks,

Diane

• January 17, 2013

The outbound change set appears to let me select a permission set.  But when it is deployed in the production environment the resulting permission set is empty.  Am I missing a basic step in here somewhere so that permission sets really can be moved from one org to another?

• November 27, 2012

refreshing a project or creating a new project can take far too long (latest project took over 45 minutes) even with just a few components in the project.  All of the time seems to be taken up in the referenced projects.  I do not see a use for downloading all of this into eclipse.  Does anyone know how to turn it off?

Thanks

• April 17, 2012

I have an unmanaged packaged defined in my development org.  I create a project in Eclipse that references this package.  When I refresh this project from the server, none of the definitions of the field sets are downloaded.

We have a development process that includes checking all components in a project into SVN.  This is used to share code and eventually it drives the creation of the managed package.

I see multiple references to having field sets in a managed package but I cannot find any clues as to how I can retrieve the meta data to keep it in a source control system.

Is this something that Salesforce does not yet support or is there something I have to do to enable it.  The package on the server includes the field sets so perhaps it is the Eclipse IDE that has a problem. I am currently on version 23.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• December 28, 2011

I have a use case where there are a significant number of approvers that are required.  If I attempt to set the approvers up in the record being approved I run into the upper limit on the maximum number of lookup fields allowed on an object.  The record is being submitted for approval using Apex.  Does anyone have any thoughts on how I might add a variable number of users as approvers in the same apex code where I submit the record for approval?  significant growth is anticipated in the next few years so I really cannot put all the required users in the object.

• November 08, 2011

I have a managed extension to our main package.  I would like to create a patch for the extension but the button to create a patch does not seem to be there.  Is there a restriction that we cannot patch a managed extension?

Thanks,

Diane

• August 24, 2011

I am getting errors attempting to upload a patch release.  When I upload the patch as a beta patch it uploads successfully.  When I attempt to upload the patch as released, I get a failure with the following error.  Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this.  I made a couple of small changes to a couple of classes.

An unexpected error occurred when uploading your package. Please contact Salesforce Support and provide the following error code: 121672770-14083 (1630473868)

• August 20, 2011

I have a packaged application that has gone through multiple rounds of packaging and patching.  Before I created the first version of the package, Quotes was inadvertenly turned on in the org.  I think someone was just looking to see what the capability was.  All the packages were created but there was no dependency on  Quotes created.

Since the release of Spring '11 I attempted to create a new version of the package and it now has this dependency automatically created.  

Does anyone have any idea how I can eliminate it?  I tried to disable Quotes but it won't let me do that because Quotes and Quote Lines are referenced.  My package does not use these objects nor does it reference anything to do with them.

Thanks,

Diane

• March 23, 2011

Quotes have been inadvertently enabled in my packaging org.  I need to disable them so I can continue - however, I don't seem to be able to do that.  I get an error message saying the quotes are referenced and it displays the Quote Layout and the Quote Line Layout.  If I click those links the link is broken.  I am thinking the message means there is something in the layouts but I don't see anything there that is causing the problem.

has anyone seen something like this or does anyone have an idea about how to disable quotes?

Thanks,

'Diane

• March 23, 2011

I have an application I would like to build that accepts an incoming feed.  Has anyone attempted this on the Force.com platform?  The data feed coming in contains an xml message.  I will parse it and take an action although I am happy just saving it in a business object and parsing it later.

Thanks

• March 15, 2011

I installed a managed package into a production org and it broke some existing integrations - it turned out that a field that was used in the integration was no longer in the WSDL and this was because the field the integration was using was now hidden.  This was a new install not an upgrade.  This also is a custom field that is not referenced or known to the managed package.  I performed the following tests in a fresh sandbox.

1. Take a snapshot of the Field Accessability for two profiles - System Admin and one other.
  2. Download the WSDL.
  3. Install the managed packaged
  4. Compare the field accessability with the prior snapshot - there are multiple changes
  5. Download the WSDL and compare with the previous version - there are multiple changes, specifically fields that were in the origianal WSDL are no longer there.

A package install is not supposed to make any destructive changes - at least that has been my prior experience.  I called Safesforce support and their response was to speak to the developer of the package.  Well I am the developer of the package and I am at a loss.  This package has been installed many times in many different orgs and I have not seen this behavior.

Has anyone seen anything like this and do you have any idea what causes this?

Thanks,

Diane

• February 24, 2011

I have a public facing website that is built on Sites.  This site supports guest users to collect information and requests.  I have also created a customer portal and set the appropriate permissions in the customer portal and the site.  

From my public site I would like to support a Login button.  The login collects the user and password and after successful login I would like the customer portal to open.  I have used the SiteLogin example and code and I am able to successfully login using my Login button in the public facing site.  But I can't get the customer portal to open.  

After the login, the home page of my site opens.  Does anyone have an idea how I can get the portal to open.

Thanks,

Diane

• February 21, 2011

I have a managed package which contains several standard email templates.  The idea is that when specific events occur, background code can send emails.  The intent is that customers can change the email template after installation to meet their requirements.

My email template invokes a component that is the PDF attachment to the email.  When I attempt to replace the component, I get an error message saying it is undefined.  I think this is a namespace issue but I haven't been able to prove or disprove it.  The email template is here.  When I replace the component with my new one, the save fails.  I know the component is there and works because I have tested it from a standard visual force page.

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="A purchase order." relatedToType="SCMC__Purchase_Order__c">

<messaging:plainTextEmailBody >
    Attached please find a purchase order.
</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>
<messaging:htmlEmailBody >
    Attached please find a purchase order.
</messaging:htmlEmailBody>
<messaging:attachment renderAs="PDF" filename="PO.pdf">
    <c:PurchaseOrder poId="{!RelatedTo.id}" />
</messaging:attachment>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

Does anyone have any ideas what a work-around may be?

Thanks,

Diane

• November 24, 2010

I deployed updated code to an org.  When I attempt to set a custom setting I get an error that says Custom Setting Limit Reached.  I only have 6 custom settings in the org, and very few attributes in the settings.  

Has anyone else seen this?  I really thought I did not have limitations like this on custom settings.

• August 11, 2010

I use custom setting in my application.  I currently hav 6 defined.  In test code I insert or update the custom setting to test the behavior based on how these setting are set.

I deployed my code to an org where i package the application and now all my tests that attempt to set the custom setting are failing with the following error.

This just started last night - has something changed at Salesforce.

6:28:56.968|FATAL_ERROR|System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION, The custom setting organization limit was reached: []

Organization_Settings__c orgSetting = Organization_Settings__c.getInstance();
        System.debug('orgSetting ' + orgSetting);
        if (orgSetting != null){
              //override partial shipments setting for test
              //set partial shipments for test
              System.debug('partial ' + partial);
              orgSetting.Partial_Shipments__c = partial;
              update orgSetting;
        } else {
            insert new Organization_Settings__c(Partial_Shipments__c = partial);
        }

• August 11, 2010

I am trying to login to salesforce from a Windows XP machine that is running IE 8.  I enter my user and password and immediately I get a page from Salesforce saying I have been logged off.  I have tried using IE on a different machine and the user and password works.  I have also tried Firefox on this same machine and that works.  I am reasoning that the issue is a setting in this particular instance of IE but I can't even guess what it might be.

Has anyone else seen this behavior and how did you resolve it?

Thanks,

Diane

I am attempting to package my application after the summer '10 roll out.  My application has the "all" list view for some of my business objects packaged with it.  This has existed since winter '10.  Now with summer '10 when I attempt to upload the package, I get an error saying "This View Unique Name already exists or has previously been used.  Please choose a different name."

These views are already in the package and I do not see a way to remove them or rename them.  Has anyone else seen this issue and how have you dealt with it?

Thanks,

Diane

My packaging org was upgraded to Summer '10 this past weekend.  Since that happened I am unable to deploy classes to the packaging org.  I consistently get an error "An unexpected error occurred.  Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1478925739-55 (-210895607).

Has anyone else seen this and do you have any idea how to get around the problem?  I have tried saving class files individually, deploying with the IDE and using the migration tool

I have a managed package that is designed to be run on a Platform license.  I install the package in an org and define a user with a platform license.

My sys admin user can see the dashboards but my user with the platform license cannot.  I logged a case with support and we have checked all the permissions and that is fine.  Support is now telling me I have to write some custom code to create the package that says it is ok for someone with a platform license to see the dashboard.  All my other code functions correctly and the user with the platform license can run the reports.  Support has confirmed that all the settings are valid.

I have not seen any documentation indicating that there is a capability to allow me to do this.  Has anyone else run into an issue like this?  

Thanks,

Diane 

• March 19, 2010

refreshing a project or creating a new project can take far too long (latest project took over 45 minutes) even with just a few components in the project.  All of the time seems to be taken up in the referenced projects.  I do not see a use for downloading all of this into eclipse.  Does anyone know how to turn it off?

Thanks

• April 17, 2012

I have an unmanaged packaged defined in my development org.  I create a project in Eclipse that references this package.  When I refresh this project from the server, none of the definitions of the field sets are downloaded.

We have a development process that includes checking all components in a project into SVN.  This is used to share code and eventually it drives the creation of the managed package.

I see multiple references to having field sets in a managed package but I cannot find any clues as to how I can retrieve the meta data to keep it in a source control system.

Is this something that Salesforce does not yet support or is there something I have to do to enable it.  The package on the server includes the field sets so perhaps it is the Eclipse IDE that has a problem. I am currently on version 23.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• December 28, 2011

Hello All,

I am going to start with a major development in which i will have to implement scheduler that should fire every 48 hrs.

In doing so will there be any difficulty faced by me.

Any suggestions or experience for the same will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Prafull 

I am getting errors attempting to upload a patch release.  When I upload the patch as a beta patch it uploads successfully.  When I attempt to upload the patch as released, I get a failure with the following error.  Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this.  I made a couple of small changes to a couple of classes.

An unexpected error occurred when uploading your package. Please contact Salesforce Support and provide the following error code: 121672770-14083 (1630473868)

• August 20, 2011

I have an application I would like to build that accepts an incoming feed.  Has anyone attempted this on the Force.com platform?  The data feed coming in contains an xml message.  I will parse it and take an action although I am happy just saving it in a business object and parsing it later.

Thanks

• March 15, 2011

I installed a managed package into a production org and it broke some existing integrations - it turned out that a field that was used in the integration was no longer in the WSDL and this was because the field the integration was using was now hidden.  This was a new install not an upgrade.  This also is a custom field that is not referenced or known to the managed package.  I performed the following tests in a fresh sandbox.

1. Take a snapshot of the Field Accessability for two profiles - System Admin and one other.
  2. Download the WSDL.
  3. Install the managed packaged
  4. Compare the field accessability with the prior snapshot - there are multiple changes
  5. Download the WSDL and compare with the previous version - there are multiple changes, specifically fields that were in the origianal WSDL are no longer there.

A package install is not supposed to make any destructive changes - at least that has been my prior experience.  I called Safesforce support and their response was to speak to the developer of the package.  Well I am the developer of the package and I am at a loss.  This package has been installed many times in many different orgs and I have not seen this behavior.

Has anyone seen anything like this and do you have any idea what causes this?

Thanks,

Diane

• February 24, 2011

I have a public facing website that is built on Sites.  This site supports guest users to collect information and requests.  I have also created a customer portal and set the appropriate permissions in the customer portal and the site.  

From my public site I would like to support a Login button.  The login collects the user and password and after successful login I would like the customer portal to open.  I have used the SiteLogin example and code and I am able to successfully login using my Login button in the public facing site.  But I can't get the customer portal to open.  

After the login, the home page of my site opens.  Does anyone have an idea how I can get the portal to open.

Thanks,

Diane

• February 21, 2011

I'm new to using the Force.com IDE and Eclipse and I'm running into an issue. I'm trying to create a project that is connected to an org with a large number of managed packages installed. I want to look only at 3 classes, so I select only these three classes, however the IDE proceeds to download the contents of all "referenced packages", which is not what I want, and takes an extremely long time.

For some reason these do not appear in the project contents, but if I navigate to the workspace folder, the xml files for all referenced packages are clearly visible.

I'm finding this behaviour a bit strange, is there some way to avoid it? I.e. just download the classes I ask for?

I am using the standalone installer version, 64 bit, version 19

I deployed updated code to an org.  When I attempt to set a custom setting I get an error that says Custom Setting Limit Reached.  I only have 6 custom settings in the org, and very few attributes in the settings.  

Has anyone else seen this?  I really thought I did not have limitations like this on custom settings.

• August 11, 2010

I use custom setting in my application.  I currently hav 6 defined.  In test code I insert or update the custom setting to test the behavior based on how these setting are set.

I deployed my code to an org where i package the application and now all my tests that attempt to set the custom setting are failing with the following error.

This just started last night - has something changed at Salesforce.

6:28:56.968|FATAL_ERROR|System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION, The custom setting organization limit was reached: []

Organization_Settings__c orgSetting = Organization_Settings__c.getInstance();
        System.debug('orgSetting ' + orgSetting);
        if (orgSetting != null){
              //override partial shipments setting for test
              //set partial shipments for test
              System.debug('partial ' + partial);
              orgSetting.Partial_Shipments__c = partial;
              update orgSetting;
        } else {
            insert new Organization_Settings__c(Partial_Shipments__c = partial);
        }

• August 11, 2010

I am trying to login to salesforce from a Windows XP machine that is running IE 8.  I enter my user and password and immediately I get a page from Salesforce saying I have been logged off.  I have tried using IE on a different machine and the user and password works.  I have also tried Firefox on this same machine and that works.  I am reasoning that the issue is a setting in this particular instance of IE but I can't even guess what it might be.

Has anyone else seen this behavior and how did you resolve it?

Thanks,

Diane

I am attempting to package my application after the summer '10 roll out.  My application has the "all" list view for some of my business objects packaged with it.  This has existed since winter '10.  Now with summer '10 when I attempt to upload the package, I get an error saying "This View Unique Name already exists or has previously been used.  Please choose a different name."

These views are already in the package and I do not see a way to remove them or rename them.  Has anyone else seen this issue and how have you dealt with it?

Thanks,

Diane

My packaging org was upgraded to Summer '10 this past weekend.  Since that happened I am unable to deploy classes to the packaging org.  I consistently get an error "An unexpected error occurred.  Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1478925739-55 (-210895607).

Has anyone else seen this and do you have any idea how to get around the problem?  I have tried saving class files individually, deploying with the IDE and using the migration tool

Problem in a nutshell:

This help page informs me that it is possible to delete an object in a trigger that's called after its insertion ("Allowed, but unnecessary. The object is deleted immediately after being inserted." )

However, that same page informs that it is *not* possible ("trigger.new and trigger.old cannot be used in Apex DML operations", "You cannot delete trigger.new" ).

When I try to run a trigger which does this, I get the following error message:

"Apex trigger createCustomEventTrigger caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: createCustomEventTrigger: execution of AfterInsert caused by: System.SObjectException: DML statment cannot operate on trigger.new or trigger.old: Trigger.createCustomEventTrigger: line 5, column 13"

Is it possible to use triggers to delete an object immediately after inserting it? And if so, how?

For those interest in a more detailed account of the problem: 

I'm currently trying to write a trigger and class so that whenever a user creates an Event (the standard one)there will be an Events__c custom object automatically created and populated with the same data and the "Related To" field of the standard Event object will be set to point to the custom Event object.

(Note, I've already written code that goes in the other direction and creates a standard Event when a custom Event is created. And yes, I'm prepared to prevent infinite loops.)

The problem I'm facing is getting all the necessary stages in the right order. If you can bear with me, I'll outline the different approaches I've tried, just in case one of the earlier ones has something in it that can be fixed:

I tried using a "before insert" trigger to create the new custom Event, insert it, query for it and put its ID in the standard Event's "Related To" field.

But I couldn't guarantee getting back the single, correct custom Event from my query because it didn't have any sort of unique identifying value in it.

So I tried using an "after insert" trigger so that the standard Event would have been assigned a Salesforce ID. I could put this ID in a hidden field when I created the custom Event, then insert it and query for it on that field, and get the custom Event's ID.

But then I can't put that ID into the standard Event because I can't modify it in an "after" trigger.

This left me with a chicken-and-egg problem, where the standard and custom events each had to be inserted before the other.

Trying to get out of it led me to my current attemplt at a solution: an "after insert" trigger on the standard Event creates the custom Event but doesn't immediately set the flag I use to prevent infinite recursion. This means that the trigger on the custom Event then creates a second standard Event with all the same data and with the "Related To" field pointing at the custom Event. All that's left to do is to delete the original standard Event and there's no need for the user to know that the Event they're looking at on the calender isn't the same one they just created.

• March 01, 2010

I am having some difficulty figuring out what I am seeing after I deploy to a new environment using the Eclipse tool.

For my test, I deployed a new object to an existing environment.  The deployment went through with no errors.  When I used the deploy tool a second time to deploy the same code to the same environment I was suprised to see that the deployment package indicated that I needed to overwrite the object that I had just finished deploying. 

I compared the objects in the two environments and they are identical right down to the same file length.  Does anyone have any idea why the tool thinks I need to overwrite the object?

This single object was an experiment because I am trying to understand this behavior when I deploy objects from one environmetn to another.  My thought is that I can generate a second deployment package after I do the original deployment and quickly understand which Salesforce entities may have had deletions made.

Thanks,

• March 03, 2009