• 4 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is there a way to get a debug log for when code is being executed on a public website? I know the code is executed under the Guest profile but i have no idea how to get a debug log from it. Thanks

• August 05, 2010

I could really use some help on clarification as i've been getting mixed answers.

According to the documentation Understanding Governing Limits an app by ISV partners run in their own limits. But now i'm being told in order to achieve this your AppExchange app must be an Aloha app. Can a non Aloha app still achieve the status where the app gets its own set of governing limits to run in?

If an app with its own governor limits gets does any native code ever count towards the limits of the package? Example if the package code updates a contact, and there is a native contact trigger in the org that fires does the native trigger code execute under the governor limits on the appexchange package or the limits of the native org?

thanks!

• August 02, 2010

Does APEX support WS-Security for callouts (calling external or 3rd party web services) yet?

i was hoping to use a hierarchical custom settings object to store user preferences for an app. This would require the user to create and edit their custom setting record.

From what i have read this would require every user to have the "Customize Application" permission to create and edit their own custom setting record. Obviously we cannot do that.

Is there some way to get around this with a vfpage & apex? So the user can goto a vfpage and create/edit the custom settings object record so they can manage their preferences?

I have a rather complicated situation and i'm not sure if this can be done in a single SOQL query and was hoping a guru here might have some insight. I need to

** Query All contacts that are owned by a specific user and the contact's account has at least 1 opportunity in the specified stage

Currently I'm

1. Querying all the contacts that are owned by a specific user 

2. Gathering all the account id's into a set

3. Querying all opportunities with the desired stage

4. Filtering out contacts where their account doesn't have any opportunities returned

Issue with above

A user may have many 1000's of contacts. So you cannot querying all the contacts and opportunites as you will go above 10k records returned. So you query 2000 contacts (perhaps of 9000) and all 2000 are filtered out as none are associated with an account with an opportunity in the desired stage. So you end up w/ no contacts even though there may some in the remaining 7000 un-queried contacts.

Is it possible to run this in a single query?

• April 25, 2010

Is there a equivalent  of sObject.get() for sObject's but for Classes? 

Need a way to dynamically retrieve the value of a class variable of an instantiated object as you don't know which variable you want until runtime. (REMEMBER: THIS IS NOT AN SOBJECT)

--- Psuedo Example ----

Class test {

public name;

public email;

}

Test t = new Test();

t.get('name')

• April 17, 2010

Is there a way to determine the record level access (view/edit) for a user? (Note: this is record level not object level)

The code will be running under a single user and for every record we need to determine which users in Salesforce have view and which users have edit access to the record.

Thanks! 

• March 24, 2010

Is it possible to allow some records to be inserted but not others on a trigger?

The records are coming in via the API so i have no way to checking them before hand or overriding with vf and using the opt_allOrNone option on the database.insert method.

• March 23, 2010

Is there any setting that allows you to disable the Identity Confirmation  (the email activation link) sent to a user when logging in from a new computer?

thanks! 

• March 17, 2010

How does a before "Rule Trigger Date" work on time dependent workflow? I thought it wouldn't let me create it but it did so i'm curious if there is a condition that will actually make this rung?

Thanks 

• February 22, 2010
I know you can call a super's constructor. Is there a way to call a super classes overriden method?
  • December 29, 2010

I recently came across some code where /js/functions.js & /js/dojo/0.4.1./dojo.js was used. Are there other js libraries available on force? Where is the documentation about what functions & libraries exist as i cannot find them?

Thanks 

• November 30, 2009

On the task there is a WhatId and a WhoId. Sometimes the WhatId is filled in and others have the WhoId filled in. In which situations is one used over the other?

Thanks 

• October 29, 2009

I have a lookup to a lead & contact on a custom object. I would like to create a formula field that displays the Lead Name or the Contact Name. But neither the lead name or the contact name shows as a field on the related list when inserting the field into the formula. If i try to use the API name "Lead__r.Name" it says "Error: Field Name does not exist"

Is it possible to get the name field for a contact or lead in a formula? I can get it for custom objects, seems very odd? I know i can create it but this doesn't seem right that its not available.

Message Edited by jadent on 10-13-2009 09:20 AM
  • October 13, 2009

Is there anyway to restrict users from not being able to see code (classes, triggers, etc) but still allow them to be able to get into setup / config to create workflow rules for example? The only way i can see to restrict them access is to remove the 'setup and configuration' option on a profile. 

Thanks! 

• October 02, 2009

I have created a utility class which has some very helpful methods when dealing with certain situations during trigger execution. This class uses the Trigger variable. This class i want to use in many instances (and potentially even release into the code share) so i need to get some proper code coverage. In order to do so i need a trigger to assist in the UnitTest. 

Question: Is there a best practice for creating a trigger whose only purpose is to provide support for unit testing? Is there an equivalent of the @isTest annotation for classes for Triggers? Or is there a way in a trigger to determine if the trigger is being called under a unit test (besides setting a variable in the class to indicate this, which i am currently doing)

Thanks 

• September 29, 2009
Is there anyway to duplicate the functionality of the WhoId or WhatId? That is an Id field that can lookup to multiple types of sobjects?
  • September 25, 2009
Is it possible to get report data via apex? So essentially you are requesting the report to run and retrieving the report data in a List of sobjects or something similar? 
  • September 21, 2009

I would like to create a map of SObjects but i will not know which SObject until runtime, so the data type declartion would be Map<Id, SObject>. But since only concrete maps are allowed i cannot create a Map (new Map<Id, SObject>. Is there a way to dynamically create a map of SObjects? 

For example here is a workaround for Lists.

List<SObject> myList;myList = (List<SObject>)[SELECT Id, Name FROM Account];

now myList contains a List of Account sobjects. Is there a similiar workaround for doing this with Maps?

• September 17, 2009

I currently have a button which sets the default value of a lookup field using

{!URLFOR($Action.Website_Inquiry__c.New, null, ["CF00N80000003bF14"=Patient__c.Name,"CF00N80000003bF14_lkid"=Patient__c.Id])}

The issue is when deploying as a package the custom field Id's in the other target instance (the one the package was installed on) are not the same (naturally). I saw a post here http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=ajax_toolkit&message.id=6810 which suggested that ID's will be replaced automatically with the new ID's. But i tested this (with unmanaged and managed Beta packages) and they did not get replaced. 

How do you set default values for fields on buttons that will be packaged? Thanks!

• September 15, 2009

On the task there is a WhatId and a WhoId. Sometimes the WhatId is filled in and others have the WhoId filled in. In which situations is one used over the other?

Thanks 

• October 29, 2009

Is there a way to get a debug log for when code is being executed on a public website? I know the code is executed under the Guest profile but i have no idea how to get a debug log from it. Thanks

• August 05, 2010

I could really use some help on clarification as i've been getting mixed answers.

According to the documentation Understanding Governing Limits an app by ISV partners run in their own limits. But now i'm being told in order to achieve this your AppExchange app must be an Aloha app. Can a non Aloha app still achieve the status where the app gets its own set of governing limits to run in?

If an app with its own governor limits gets does any native code ever count towards the limits of the package? Example if the package code updates a contact, and there is a native contact trigger in the org that fires does the native trigger code execute under the governor limits on the appexchange package or the limits of the native org?

thanks!

• August 02, 2010

Does APEX support WS-Security for callouts (calling external or 3rd party web services) yet?

i was hoping to use a hierarchical custom settings object to store user preferences for an app. This would require the user to create and edit their custom setting record.

From what i have read this would require every user to have the "Customize Application" permission to create and edit their own custom setting record. Obviously we cannot do that.

Is there some way to get around this with a vfpage & apex? So the user can goto a vfpage and create/edit the custom settings object record so they can manage their preferences?

Is there a way to determine the record level access (view/edit) for a user? (Note: this is record level not object level)

The code will be running under a single user and for every record we need to determine which users in Salesforce have view and which users have edit access to the record.

Thanks! 

• March 24, 2010

Is it possible to allow some records to be inserted but not others on a trigger?

The records are coming in via the API so i have no way to checking them before hand or overriding with vf and using the opt_allOrNone option on the database.insert method.

• March 23, 2010
Is there anyway to duplicate the functionality of the WhoId or WhatId? That is an Id field that can lookup to multiple types of sobjects?
  • September 25, 2009

I currently have a button which sets the default value of a lookup field using

{!URLFOR($Action.Website_Inquiry__c.New, null, ["CF00N80000003bF14"=Patient__c.Name,"CF00N80000003bF14_lkid"=Patient__c.Id])}

The issue is when deploying as a package the custom field Id's in the other target instance (the one the package was installed on) are not the same (naturally). I saw a post here http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=ajax_toolkit&message.id=6810 which suggested that ID's will be replaced automatically with the new ID's. But i tested this (with unmanaged and managed Beta packages) and they did not get replaced. 

How do you set default values for fields on buttons that will be packaged? Thanks!

• September 15, 2009

I recently learned that classes in apex inherit a toString method which outputs the instantiated object to a string (much like serialization does in some languages). I cannot seem to find any documentation on this inherited method can someone point me in the right direction? 

Also once its in a string how can then convert that string to an object again?

Thanks 

Message Edited by jadent on 09-02-2009 11:52 AM
  • September 02, 2009

I have set the public access settings on a site to allow it full access to a custom object.

I have also set the field level security to visible for all fields on the custom object.

But when i try to insert or update a custom object i get an error "DML currently not allowed". What other settings must i set in order for a public site to create/edit custom objects?

• September 01, 2009

I need to do primitive type conversions dynamically. I will not know the type the field is nor will i know the type it needs to be converted to. Is there a built in function to convert any primitive type to another primitive type? ex:

Double d = SFDC.convert('10.30', 'Double');

String s   = SFDC.convert(10.30, 'String');

Alternatively i could create a function (which just walks through every permutation, which i would rather not) if i could return a AnyType field type form a function. Put although the 'AnyType' field is in the APEX documentation force.com says that type doesn't exist. 

Any ideas on either of those? Thanks! 

• August 27, 2009

I have a custom search Visualforce page (not tied to a specific object). I would like a seperate tab just for this custom search. Is there anyway to create a tab (not link to an object) from a Visualforce page?

If not what is the best way to get the link somewhere in the UI where it is easily accessible? Thanks 

I'm new to sfdc developing and i would like to pre-populate a field value when someone clicks the new button on any given object.

To my limited understanding there is no trigger that fires at this point. Is there a way to pre-populate field values using apex when someone clicks the new button? Thanks!

• April 29, 2009

Id like to know if anyone as figured out a way to dynamically declare a list at run time. I'm trying to create a super utilty class that can take a List of sObject and process them but in my logic I need to create a list dynamically based on the sObject type. Is this possible? I hope so.

This is a simple test to demonstrate what I am trying to achieve. 

sObject ob = new Opportunity(Name = 'test');
Schema.sObjectType obType = ob.getSObjectType();
List<sObject> resultList = new List<obType>();

Thanks.

Message Edited by TehNrd on 04-09-2009 11:21 AM
  • April 09, 2009

Hi ,

I have a requirement to add sharing records for all the Account child object. For this i used Describe to get the sharing object for all the Account child objects.

List<Schema.ChildRelationship> childRel = objDef.getChildRelationships();

SO, if i am getting 5 share objects from this, and say 100 child records which needs sharing to be added, how do i create a List for these 5 objects so that i can add these records into the list and use insert.

List<sObject> l = new List<???>();

What should be the correct syntex to create different lists for different objects at runtime. Please suggest.

Thank you!!

• April 09, 2009