• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I am using Salesforce enterprise edition.I am a system administrator.I am trying to create a new user with "standard user" profile. In the  user license drop down list, I can see only three options chatter free, force.com free and salesforce platform.I do not see salesforce user license. It is preventing me from creating a user with standars user profile.Could anyone please let me know what could be the issue? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• April 15, 2011

Hi All,

I am checking for the duplicate records using trigger. I have a VF page and controller extension to save the page.Could anyone please let me know how to capture trigger error in controller extension save method? When I enter duplicate record record is not saving, but  it is not displaying error message defined in the trigger. I am using  <apex:pageMessages to display error messages. Error message will be displayed only if I use standard "save" method , but not when I use controller extension "save" method. Could anyone please let me know what I need to change in the controller extension "save" method. I greatly appreciate your help.

public PageReference mysaveexit() {
      Sample__c individual = new Sample__c ();
    //  insert individual; 
    controller.save();
     PageReference pageRef = new PageReference('/a07/o');
     return pageRef;
     }

• March 25, 2011

Hi All,

I am doing cloud deployment from sandbox to production. I have all the user permisiions needed to upload changes from sandbox to production. I am using Entrtprise edition. When I check setup-->app setup-->deploy-> in the sandbox,I do not see "outbound change set" here. I can see only inbound change set. Could anyone please let me know how to get "outbound change set" in sandbox? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• March 17, 2011

Hi All,

I have created two objects student and attendance. Student is a master object and attendance is a detail object. I would like to pass some field value from Attendance to Student master object. Is it possible to update a field in a master object with the value from detail object? Could anyone please let me know weather I am in the right direction? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• March 11, 2011

Hi All,

Could anyone please give me an example of how to pass two parameters in a hyperlink formula field? For ex: I can able to pass student name to the hyperlink, I would like to send student age as a second argument to the url.Your help is greatly appreciated.

• March 04, 2011

Hi All,

I have data in two access tables that needs to be transferred to a Salesforce object. Two tables are related but can be mapped to single object in Salesforce. How to import two related tables to a single Salesforce object? Could any one please let me know the steps? I greatly appreciate your help.

• March 02, 2011

Hi All,

I do not see "Add to campaign" button on standard report results. Could any one please let me know what am I missing here? Do I need to give any permission for that to visible in the standard report results? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• February 19, 2011

Hi,

I exported one record using Apex dataloader and saved it in excel. Now, I am triying to import the same record into Salesforce using dataloader, but I am getting following error.

Invalid Session ID found in SesionHeader:Illegal Session, session not found,
missing session key:

Could anyone please let me know how to handle this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• February 10, 2011

Hi All,

I want to mass delete some of custom object records. I would like to know how can I take the backup of the records and succesfully restoring it.Any guidance on this is greatly appreciated.

• February 10, 2011

Hi All,

I need to create a custom link from standard object to custom object which is developed with visualforce page.I would like to populate few feilds from standard object to the custom object. Could anyone please give me an example of how to acheive this using custom link? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• February 03, 2011

Hi All,

I am trying to add new field in the custom object metadata using Force.com IDE.

I have chosen environment:other

host:www.salesforce.com

I created a project by selecting custom-object

When I tried to add new field and save it ,I am getting the following error.

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Required fields are missing: [Business_Contact__c]: [Business_Contact__c]    intake        line 1    Force.com run test failure

I do not sees Busines_Contact__c in the metadata.Could anyone please let me know how to solve this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• January 21, 2011

Hi All,

I am trying to login to sandbox from Force.com IDE. I am getting the following error:

Unable to connect to hostname 'test.salesforce.com':
Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.
Please verify and/or change your credentials

When I entered Force.com IDE, I selected the environment "Sandbox" and gave the required credentials.

I could able to login from www.salesforce.com.

Coul anyone please help me to fix this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• January 20, 2011

Hi All,

I want to send mass email to different group of people in an organization to inform about the meeting or any changes in the schedule. What is the best way to handle this? I am thinking of creating different views under accounts and send mass email.However, there are about 60 different groups. Could anyone please suggest me how to handle this situation? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• January 01, 2011

Hi All,

Following is my Apex code:

Public class SOQLController{
  public String objectName { get {return objectName ;}set{ objectName = value ;}}
  public String zipCode { get { return zipCode ;} set { zipCode=value ; } }     
  public List<sObject> queryResult { get{return queryResult;}set{ queryResult = value ;}}

public PageReference query(){
        String zipFieldName ;       
        if( objectName == 'Account' ){
                zipFieldName = 'BillingPostalCode' ;
        }

// create the query string 
        String qryString = 'SELECT Id FROM ' + objectName + ' WHERE ' + objectName + '.' + 
                    zipFieldName + '=' + '\'' + zipCode + '\'' ; 
        // execute the query
        queryResult = Database.query(qryString) ; 

return null;
        }
        }

Following is my reference link :

http://blog.sforce.com/sforce/2008/09/dynamic-soql--.html#comment-6a00d8341cded353ef0120a8f1e8b3970b

I am not able to disply retrieved id's when I give value to Zip code and click on query button. Could anyone please let me know how to display query result? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• December 27, 2011

Hi All,

I have created custom link in a standard contact field. When I click on the custom link it will take it to child record which is a VF page. There is a master detail relation ship between contact and a VF page.I am trying to pass city name from parent record to child record. Somehow custom url is not passing information from master record to detail record.

Here is my custom url:

https://c.na7.visual.force.com/apex/order?retURL=%2Fa0A%2Fo&save_new=1&sfdc.override=1
&00NA0000004QG0v={!Contact.MailingCity}

Could anyone please let me know what is wrong with the url? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• December 26, 2011

Hi All,

I want to allow only some profiles to view different record types, and it should not be accessible to some profile. I am wondering how to set security to record types based on profiles. Could any one please give me direction on this? Your helpis greatly appreciated.

• December 21, 2010

Hi All,

Is it possible to hide "new" option for related list? I have created a custom link to create new detail records. Now I want to hide "new" option of the related list. Could any one please let me know how to do this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• December 20, 2010

Hi All,

I have created two record types for contactobject. I have added few extra fields to record type 2. How to create  two different page layouts one for each record type? Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

• December 18, 2010

Hi All,

I installed Force.com  IDE as a stand alone application. I created a projecta nd selected standard objects and custom object. I would like to copy some fields from contact to custom object. I opened up the schema explorer, but I am not able to copy from there. Could anyone please let me know how to copy fields in Force.com IDE? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• December 10, 2010

Hi,

I am a system admin and created a new user. I would like to enable remote access to administrator. How can I do that? Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

• December 07, 2010

Hi All,

I am using Salesforce enterprise edition.I am a system administrator.I am trying to create a new user with "standard user" profile. In the  user license drop down list, I can see only three options chatter free, force.com free and salesforce platform.I do not see salesforce user license. It is preventing me from creating a user with standars user profile.Could anyone please let me know what could be the issue? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• April 15, 2011

Hi All,

I am checking for the duplicate records using trigger. I have a VF page and controller extension to save the page.Could anyone please let me know how to capture trigger error in controller extension save method? When I enter duplicate record record is not saving, but  it is not displaying error message defined in the trigger. I am using  <apex:pageMessages to display error messages. Error message will be displayed only if I use standard "save" method , but not when I use controller extension "save" method. Could anyone please let me know what I need to change in the controller extension "save" method. I greatly appreciate your help.

public PageReference mysaveexit() {
      Sample__c individual = new Sample__c ();
    //  insert individual; 
    controller.save();
     PageReference pageRef = new PageReference('/a07/o');
     return pageRef;
     }

• March 25, 2011

Hi All,

I am doing cloud deployment from sandbox to production. I have all the user permisiions needed to upload changes from sandbox to production. I am using Entrtprise edition. When I check setup-->app setup-->deploy-> in the sandbox,I do not see "outbound change set" here. I can see only inbound change set. Could anyone please let me know how to get "outbound change set" in sandbox? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• March 17, 2011

Hi All,

I have created two objects student and attendance. Student is a master object and attendance is a detail object. I would like to pass some field value from Attendance to Student master object. Is it possible to update a field in a master object with the value from detail object? Could anyone please let me know weather I am in the right direction? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• March 11, 2011

Hi All,

Could anyone please give me an example of how to pass two parameters in a hyperlink formula field? For ex: I can able to pass student name to the hyperlink, I would like to send student age as a second argument to the url.Your help is greatly appreciated.

• March 04, 2011

Hi All,

I do not see "Add to campaign" button on standard report results. Could any one please let me know what am I missing here? Do I need to give any permission for that to visible in the standard report results? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• February 19, 2011

Hi,

I exported one record using Apex dataloader and saved it in excel. Now, I am triying to import the same record into Salesforce using dataloader, but I am getting following error.

Invalid Session ID found in SesionHeader:Illegal Session, session not found,
missing session key:

Could anyone please let me know how to handle this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• February 10, 2011

Hi All,

I want to mass delete some of custom object records. I would like to know how can I take the backup of the records and succesfully restoring it.Any guidance on this is greatly appreciated.

• February 10, 2011

Hi All,

I need to create a custom link from standard object to custom object which is developed with visualforce page.I would like to populate few feilds from standard object to the custom object. Could anyone please give me an example of how to acheive this using custom link? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• February 03, 2011

Hi All,

I am trying to login to sandbox from Force.com IDE. I am getting the following error:

Unable to connect to hostname 'test.salesforce.com':
Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.
Please verify and/or change your credentials

When I entered Force.com IDE, I selected the environment "Sandbox" and gave the required credentials.

I could able to login from www.salesforce.com.

Coul anyone please help me to fix this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• January 20, 2011

Hi All,

Following is my Apex code:

Public class SOQLController{
  public String objectName { get {return objectName ;}set{ objectName = value ;}}
  public String zipCode { get { return zipCode ;} set { zipCode=value ; } }     
  public List<sObject> queryResult { get{return queryResult;}set{ queryResult = value ;}}

public PageReference query(){
        String zipFieldName ;       
        if( objectName == 'Account' ){
                zipFieldName = 'BillingPostalCode' ;
        }

// create the query string 
        String qryString = 'SELECT Id FROM ' + objectName + ' WHERE ' + objectName + '.' + 
                    zipFieldName + '=' + '\'' + zipCode + '\'' ; 
        // execute the query
        queryResult = Database.query(qryString) ; 

return null;
        }
        }

Following is my reference link :

http://blog.sforce.com/sforce/2008/09/dynamic-soql--.html#comment-6a00d8341cded353ef0120a8f1e8b3970b

I am not able to disply retrieved id's when I give value to Zip code and click on query button. Could anyone please let me know how to display query result? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• December 27, 2011

Hi All,

I want to allow only some profiles to view different record types, and it should not be accessible to some profile. I am wondering how to set security to record types based on profiles. Could any one please give me direction on this? Your helpis greatly appreciated.

• December 21, 2010