• Member since 2004

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I just wanted to send a quick note and ask if the NA1 node has already been upgraded to the Spring '10 release.   It looks like it has been, I just wanted to double check.

Thank you,

Scptt

• March 03, 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to see if there is a way to pull in meta data about reports (columns, filters, etc.) via the meta data API.   So far, I have followed Simon's sample code from http://www.pocketsoap.com/weblog/category/_net.html, but this only gets the meta data in to a zip file.   I was wondering if there was .NET sample code that could actually retrieve a report in to the report object (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_meta/Content/meta_report.htm?SearchType=Stem&Highlight=Report|reports|report|Reports|reporting) so that the properties of the report could be read and analyzed right in the .NET code.

Also, I noticed that the reports that I pulled back via Simon's sample code contains definitions for the columns used in the reports, but the column names are not the same as the field names you would get back from doing a describe call in the main API.   Is there anyway to line up the column names with the actual fields that are returned from, say, a "describe contact" call?

Thanks,

Scott

• October 07, 2009

Hello,

At around 8:30pm EST tonight, I started recieving the following error:

UNSUPPORTED_CLIENT: HTTPS Required

This seems to be happening accross many of the clients for which we have a Salesforce integration.   Would anything have changed on the Saleseforce side at around 8:30pm EST, or is there something on my end that I should be looking at?

Thanks,

Scott

• May 27, 2009
Hello,

We have a key/token that allows us to perform integrations using the web services API on behalf of our "Professional Edition" clients since the web services API is not a part of the "Professional Edition" offering.    Would the same concept apply to our clients that use the "Group Edition" offering? 

We use the code snipet below (note that _SFDCPartnerKey points to a variable in our code and is not our actual key/token)

Dim sforceService As New SforceService

sforceService.CallOptionsValue = New CallOptions

sforceService.CallOptionsValue.client = _SFDCPartnerKey

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,

Scott

• December 02, 2008
Hello,

I know that I can have a query in the API that searches for wild card matches:

Select AnnualRevenue, City, Company, Country, Email, HasOptedOutOfEmail, Fax, FirstName, Name, Id, LeadSource, MobilePhone, Phone, Rating, Salutation, State, Status, Street, Title, Website, PostalCode, Owner.Name From Lead where LastModifiedDate>=2008-03-04T22:24:39Z AND Email like  'a%'

Is there any support for a "Not Like" operator?  Something like the following:

Select AnnualRevenue, City, Company, Country, Email, HasOptedOutOfEmail, Fax, FirstName, Name, Id, LeadSource, MobilePhone, Phone, Rating, Salutation, State, Status, Street, Title, Website, PostalCode, Owner.Name From Lead where LastModifiedDate>=2008-03-04T22:24:39Z AND Email not like  'a%'

I know this specicif example doesn't work in the API, but I was wondering if there was a way to do something like this.

Thank you,
Scott
  • March 07, 2008
Hello,

I am trying to run a query via the API, but I am running into an error - I was hoping someone could help me out.    I am trying to query for lead records with the following query:

Select AnnualRevenue, City, Company, Country, Email, HasOptedOutOfEmail, Fax, FirstName, Name, Id, LeadSource, MobilePhone, Phone, Rating, Salutation, State, Status, Street, Title, Website, PostalCode, Owner.Name From Lead where LastActivityDate>=2008-03-04T22:02:00Z AND Email like  '%@%' AND IsConverted=false

I get the following error back from the API:
INVALID_FIELD:  PostalCode,Owner.Name From Lead where LastActivityDate>=2008-03-04T22:02:00Z                                       ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:209 value of filter criterion for field 'LastActivityDate' must be of type date and should not be enclosed in quotes.

I was wondering why I'm getting this error, since the filter value I have for LastActivityDate is not enclosed in quotes in my query.

I can run the exact same query, replacing LastActivityDate with LastModifiedDate, with no problem at all:

Select AnnualRevenue, City, Company, Country, Email, HasOptedOutOfEmail, Fax, FirstName, Name, Id, LeadSource, MobilePhone, Phone, Rating, Salutation, State, Status, Street, Title, Website, PostalCode, Owner.Name From Lead where LastModifiedDate>=2008-03-04T22:02:00Z AND Email like  '%@%' AND IsConverted=false

Thank you,
Scott

• March 07, 2008
Hello,

I have a .NET project that is built to create records in Salesforce (Contacts, Accounts, Opportunities, etc.).    The records are getting created successfully, but I am encountering an error in getting a response from the Salesforce API - "The operation has timed out".   

First of all, I want to make sure that it is possible, that this kind of an error could occur in regards to getting a response from Salesforce in a .NET environment.   I am also looking into whether the time outs could be occurring in my database, but I haven't found anything yet.

I have the time out property of the SforceService object set to 100000, should I increase that value?  If so, what's a recommended timeout period?   My .NET project is designed to work with some very large enterprise Salesforce clients, so I want to make sure I am well covered with a proper timeout value.

Thank you,
Scott
  • March 03, 2008
Hello,

I am trying to write a Salesforce Object Query that retrieves data from the Task entity, but also pulls lead/contact information based on the "WhoId" field.

If I run the following query, I have no problem getting a result set:
Select Id,Who.FirstName,Who.LastName From Task

If I add the "Email" field to the select list, I get an error:
Select Id,Who.Email,Who.FirstName,Who.LastName From Task

INVALID_FIELD:
Select Id,Who.Email,Who.FirstName,Who.LastName
          ^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:11
No such column 'Email' on entity 'Name'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

Is the email field not supported in this kind of a query, or am I doing something wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Scott
  • February 19, 2008

Hello,

I believe this is only recent, but I am no longer able to perform API actions against my development install using code that hasn't changed in quite some time.  When I run the code listed below, I get a error on the "Describe Object" call that says "INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session".   It looks as though I'm getting a valid session ID back from the login call, but the subsequent API call doesn't seem to like it.   

The interesting thing is that I have a QA org that's on NA1 (my dev org is also on NA1) that has no problems with the code below.   Also, this problem is only happening for my dev org when I run the code from our corporate environment.  If the code runs on our production environment (which have different IP ranges and are locate outside of our corporate office), then it works properly as well.

Is is possible that there is some sort of configuration set in my dev org that doesn't agree with the code below as it's run from our corporate environment?  I've played around with the "Lock sessions to the IP address from which they originated" setting in my dev org, but it didn't seem to do anything.

Here is the code I am running that seems to work for every other install except my dev org:

Dim sfdcService As New SforceService

Dim loginResult As New LoginResult

sfdcService.SessionHeaderValue = New SessionHeader

loginResult = sfdcService.login(username, password)

sfdcService.Url = loginResult.serverUrl

sfdcService.SessionHeaderValue.sessionId = loginResult.sessionId

Dim results As SForce.DescribeSObjectResult = sfdcService.describeSObject("Lead")

Thank you,

Scott

• February 12, 2008
Hello,

We provide integration for a number of SDFC clients, and I'm curious as to how the login page changes are going to affect us.   

In some cases, our clients have set up data syncs that login to SFDC, run a report as a CSV export, and pull the data into the Eloqua application.    These syncs run on an automated basis and are set up to login to pages like https://ssl.salesforce.com/secur/login_page.jsp, https://na1.salesforce.com/secur/login_page.jsp or https://na2.salesforce.com/secur/login_page.jsp.   How long will it be until these pages are no longer available?   Should we be running a script to update all of these syncs to use https://login.salesforce.com?   What is the default page for that URL?

Thank you,
Scott
  • December 10, 2007
Hello,

I am seeing error messages returned from the API that servers are unavailable due to scheduled maintenance.   I am seeing this for a number of our clients who are on the NA2 instance, and it seems to be intermittent.

The trust.salesforce.com site doesn't mention anything about scheduled maintenance for today (perhaps it did, but it has since been updated), so I was wondering if there was another place I could check to see when the maintenance window will end, or if anyone on the community site was aware of it.

Thank you,
Scott
  • December 09, 2007
Hello,

On Friday, I attended a webinar that outlined the security initiatives that Salesforce would be putting in place in the near future.  

What I understood from the webinar is that if a user wishes to login via the API, they need to provide their user name and password + security token as opposed to just user name and password like we are currently used to.   

I have a few questions:
1) Does the security token have to be passed to the API login call even if the IP address of the calling machine is white listed in the Salesforce installation?  
2) Is there a way I can gain access to a pre-release environment where this is already in place?

Thank you,
Scott
  • November 20, 2007
Hi,

A am seeing a larger than normal number of API connectivity issues between my server farm and SFDC - this is across the 180+ SFDC clients we support.    I was wondering if there were any known network issues on the SFDC side of things, or whether our connectivity was being limited by SFDC in anyway.   Does SFDC still impose limits on the amount of API traffic people send, and would that be locked down by the IP address of the source of the data, or by the client install?

Thank you,
Scott
  • April 26, 2007
I just receive an email that there will be changes to the SSL support this weekend.

I've got a number of old XML-RPC integrations running, how can test to ensure those won't be affected by the change?

Thank you,
Scott
  • March 28, 2007
I have a few clients that are still using the old XML/RPC API.  

After the maintenance window on Jan 5, 2006, one of my clients is no longer able to use this version of the API.   They are on the SSL service. 

Was something changed in during the maintenance window or is this just a configuration issue on the client's end?

Thank you,
Scott

• January 07, 2007
Hi,

I have integrations running for 130+ clients - all running off the same code base and engine. 

Two of these clients are consistently timing out with the message "Timeout reading headers"

Any idea what would cause this on just two clients, while the rest work with out a problem?

Thank you.
  • December 13, 2006
When will the documentation for version 8.0 of the API be available?

If it is currently available, where can I find it?

Thank you,
Scott
  • November 23, 2006
In the past few days I have started to see errors coming back from the API with the following message:
"pl/sql state discarded"

I have been managing integrations for many clients for quite some time now and this is the first time I've seen this error message.   What does it mean and how can it be avoided?

Thank you,
Scott
  • November 20, 2006
Hi,

My name is Fred Sakr and I'm a developer with Eloqua Corporation.

I have a question regarding Record Types in SalesForce.Com. We're creating a Custom Object with different layouts for each Record Type. The Custom Object is going to be shared among several SalesForce.com installations and we'll be creating/updating the custom objects using the SFDC API.

Please note that the Record Type is not related to an Profile/Agent, but to a specific type of Custom Object, ie: Email Metrics, WebSite Metrics, Form Metrics, where the master Object contains the exhaustive list of all metrics.

We're having trouble finding a common way to change the layout for each SFDC installation (not based on Agent). Since the Record Type ID is unique in each installation we have to customize the record type in each client map. We would rather have a common list of recordType IDs for all clients - or change layouts based on a common list.

Is there a way to trigger a layout based on a Record Type Name or something that is common between SFDC installations? Is it possible to have the same Record Type IDs used between different installations?

Sincerely,
Fred

Fred Sakr
Application Developer

frederick.sakr@eloqua.com
Phone: (416) 849-3551
Cell: (416) 879-4322

Eloqua Corporation
553 Richmond St West
Toronto ON M5V 1Y6

Produce High Quality Leads. Continuously. Automatically.
Go to www.eloqua.com

www.eloqua.com

• November 01, 2006
Hi,

I have noticed a difference between the way the API and Web-To-Lead work.  When creating a new lead via Web-To-Lead, we trigger the default assignment rule, which triggers an email notification to the sales rep.   When we create a new lead via the API, we trigger the default assignment rule but email notifications are NOT sent to the sales rep.  What is the reason for the difference between the two systems?  Is there any way to trigger the email notification from the API?   I have a client who desperately needs this functionality.

Thank you,
Scott
  • April 24, 2006

Hello,

I just wanted to send a quick note and ask if the NA1 node has already been upgraded to the Spring '10 release.   It looks like it has been, I just wanted to double check.

Thank you,

Scptt

• March 03, 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to see if there is a way to pull in meta data about reports (columns, filters, etc.) via the meta data API.   So far, I have followed Simon's sample code from http://www.pocketsoap.com/weblog/category/_net.html, but this only gets the meta data in to a zip file.   I was wondering if there was .NET sample code that could actually retrieve a report in to the report object (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_meta/Content/meta_report.htm?SearchType=Stem&Highlight=Report|reports|report|Reports|reporting) so that the properties of the report could be read and analyzed right in the .NET code.

Also, I noticed that the reports that I pulled back via Simon's sample code contains definitions for the columns used in the reports, but the column names are not the same as the field names you would get back from doing a describe call in the main API.   Is there anyway to line up the column names with the actual fields that are returned from, say, a "describe contact" call?

Thanks,

Scott

• October 07, 2009

Hello,

At around 8:30pm EST tonight, I started recieving the following error:

UNSUPPORTED_CLIENT: HTTPS Required

This seems to be happening accross many of the clients for which we have a Salesforce integration.   Would anything have changed on the Saleseforce side at around 8:30pm EST, or is there something on my end that I should be looking at?

Thanks,

Scott

• May 27, 2009
Hello,

We have a key/token that allows us to perform integrations using the web services API on behalf of our "Professional Edition" clients since the web services API is not a part of the "Professional Edition" offering.    Would the same concept apply to our clients that use the "Group Edition" offering? 

We use the code snipet below (note that _SFDCPartnerKey points to a variable in our code and is not our actual key/token)

Dim sforceService As New SforceService

sforceService.CallOptionsValue = New CallOptions

sforceService.CallOptionsValue.client = _SFDCPartnerKey

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,

Scott

• December 02, 2008
Hello,

I know that I can have a query in the API that searches for wild card matches:

Select AnnualRevenue, City, Company, Country, Email, HasOptedOutOfEmail, Fax, FirstName, Name, Id, LeadSource, MobilePhone, Phone, Rating, Salutation, State, Status, Street, Title, Website, PostalCode, Owner.Name From Lead where LastModifiedDate>=2008-03-04T22:24:39Z AND Email like  'a%'

Is there any support for a "Not Like" operator?  Something like the following:

Select AnnualRevenue, City, Company, Country, Email, HasOptedOutOfEmail, Fax, FirstName, Name, Id, LeadSource, MobilePhone, Phone, Rating, Salutation, State, Status, Street, Title, Website, PostalCode, Owner.Name From Lead where LastModifiedDate>=2008-03-04T22:24:39Z AND Email not like  'a%'

I know this specicif example doesn't work in the API, but I was wondering if there was a way to do something like this.

Thank you,
Scott
  • March 07, 2008
Hello,

I am trying to run a query via the API, but I am running into an error - I was hoping someone could help me out.    I am trying to query for lead records with the following query:

Select AnnualRevenue, City, Company, Country, Email, HasOptedOutOfEmail, Fax, FirstName, Name, Id, LeadSource, MobilePhone, Phone, Rating, Salutation, State, Status, Street, Title, Website, PostalCode, Owner.Name From Lead where LastActivityDate>=2008-03-04T22:02:00Z AND Email like  '%@%' AND IsConverted=false

I get the following error back from the API:
INVALID_FIELD:  PostalCode,Owner.Name From Lead where LastActivityDate>=2008-03-04T22:02:00Z                                       ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:209 value of filter criterion for field 'LastActivityDate' must be of type date and should not be enclosed in quotes.

I was wondering why I'm getting this error, since the filter value I have for LastActivityDate is not enclosed in quotes in my query.

I can run the exact same query, replacing LastActivityDate with LastModifiedDate, with no problem at all:

Select AnnualRevenue, City, Company, Country, Email, HasOptedOutOfEmail, Fax, FirstName, Name, Id, LeadSource, MobilePhone, Phone, Rating, Salutation, State, Status, Street, Title, Website, PostalCode, Owner.Name From Lead where LastModifiedDate>=2008-03-04T22:02:00Z AND Email like  '%@%' AND IsConverted=false

Thank you,
Scott

• March 07, 2008
Hello,

I have a .NET project that is built to create records in Salesforce (Contacts, Accounts, Opportunities, etc.).    The records are getting created successfully, but I am encountering an error in getting a response from the Salesforce API - "The operation has timed out".   

First of all, I want to make sure that it is possible, that this kind of an error could occur in regards to getting a response from Salesforce in a .NET environment.   I am also looking into whether the time outs could be occurring in my database, but I haven't found anything yet.

I have the time out property of the SforceService object set to 100000, should I increase that value?  If so, what's a recommended timeout period?   My .NET project is designed to work with some very large enterprise Salesforce clients, so I want to make sure I am well covered with a proper timeout value.

Thank you,
Scott
  • March 03, 2008
Hello,

I am trying to write a Salesforce Object Query that retrieves data from the Task entity, but also pulls lead/contact information based on the "WhoId" field.

If I run the following query, I have no problem getting a result set:
Select Id,Who.FirstName,Who.LastName From Task

If I add the "Email" field to the select list, I get an error:
Select Id,Who.Email,Who.FirstName,Who.LastName From Task

INVALID_FIELD:
Select Id,Who.Email,Who.FirstName,Who.LastName
          ^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:11
No such column 'Email' on entity 'Name'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

Is the email field not supported in this kind of a query, or am I doing something wrong.

Thank you,
Scott
  • February 19, 2008
Hello,

We provide integration for a number of SDFC clients, and I'm curious as to how the login page changes are going to affect us.   

In some cases, our clients have set up data syncs that login to SFDC, run a report as a CSV export, and pull the data into the Eloqua application.    These syncs run on an automated basis and are set up to login to pages like https://ssl.salesforce.com/secur/login_page.jsp, https://na1.salesforce.com/secur/login_page.jsp or https://na2.salesforce.com/secur/login_page.jsp.   How long will it be until these pages are no longer available?   Should we be running a script to update all of these syncs to use https://login.salesforce.com?   What is the default page for that URL?

Thank you,
Scott
  • December 10, 2007
Hello,

I am seeing error messages returned from the API that servers are unavailable due to scheduled maintenance.   I am seeing this for a number of our clients who are on the NA2 instance, and it seems to be intermittent.

The trust.salesforce.com site doesn't mention anything about scheduled maintenance for today (perhaps it did, but it has since been updated), so I was wondering if there was another place I could check to see when the maintenance window will end, or if anyone on the community site was aware of it.

Thank you,
Scott
  • December 09, 2007
Hello,

On Friday, I attended a webinar that outlined the security initiatives that Salesforce would be putting in place in the near future.  

What I understood from the webinar is that if a user wishes to login via the API, they need to provide their user name and password + security token as opposed to just user name and password like we are currently used to.   

I have a few questions:
1) Does the security token have to be passed to the API login call even if the IP address of the calling machine is white listed in the Salesforce installation?  
2) Is there a way I can gain access to a pre-release environment where this is already in place?

Thank you,
Scott
  • November 20, 2007
How can I determine the API names for Account Billing Address Line 1, Billing Address Line 2, and Billing Address Line 3?  I can include these fields in a report but I need to populate them using the API and I need the field names for the mapping.xml.

• April 26, 2007
I just receive an email that there will be changes to the SSL support this weekend.

I've got a number of old XML-RPC integrations running, how can test to ensure those won't be affected by the change?

Thank you,
Scott
  • March 28, 2007
I have a few clients that are still using the old XML/RPC API.  

After the maintenance window on Jan 5, 2006, one of my clients is no longer able to use this version of the API.   They are on the SSL service. 

Was something changed in during the maintenance window or is this just a configuration issue on the client's end?

Thank you,
Scott

• January 07, 2007