• 4968 Points
  • Member since 2006

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is there a way to change which account an email is sent from? How is that determined?

Right now all the emails we send from Salesforce show the From: as 

no-reply@salesforce.com on behalf of John Smith(john@ourcompany.com).

How do I change the "John Smith(john@ourcompany.com)" part to another account or email address?

• June 09, 2010

Beginning Sat 6/5, my evaluation user credentials do not work when trying to launch a test drive from the AppExchange.  I am able to login with the credentials from the browser, however, they do not work when accessing thru AppExchange.  I have already deleted the org relationship from the AppExchange listing and re-established.  This does not seem to make a difference.  any guidance on resolving?

I am trying to create some help documentation for our product (called PIMS) that is going to be listed on the Appexchange. 

As part of PIMS, I am writing up some help documentation.  I would like to put this documentation in a format that a prospect/customer can use after downloading our PIMS application into their org. 

I was looking at RoboHelp from Adobe as a tool for publishing the help documenation information for PIMS.

It would be great if I was able to understand what kind of software SFDC uses to publish their help documentation.  This way, any existing SFDC user would have a similar UI when they clicked the help button tosearch/navigate/read the help docs. 

Does anybody have any advice on the best strategy for publishing help documentation for an ISV/OEM product hosted on the Appexchange?

Thanks!!

• June 01, 2010

Hi,

I have created few custom objects for the Salesforce Platform and deployed them. I can see those objects as tabs as an Admin, but for any other user they cannot see that. Even in the Customize My Tabs, i cannot see these objects. I have added these objects to the App Setup, I have changed the visibilty ON for every object as well. The only thing that i can see is that on Setup > Manage Users > Profiles ...for the Standard User profile and Platform profile i see that the custom objects are unchecked. And i cannot find a way to check them even as an Admin. Can some one please suggest any method by which i can have the non-administrators view and use this Custom Object/Tab.

Thanks,

Pratik

Does this require contacting support for a feature activation?  Is it free?  

Hi,

Where can I find instructions on how to build my own sample application and publish it over the internet for other users. What I want to achieve is:

1. Build my own little application, which allows users to logon by providing their userid and password

2. Allow new users to register themselves on the site

3. Once they are logged on they should be able view data that they are allowed to view/modify

4. Develop non-standard web interface using visual force and expose this interface to the outside world

etc.

Thanks,

Krishna. 

Hi Everyone,

We're using custom address fields in Contacts and Accounts.  I've got a button to drag the address from the account through to contact page (which can then be edited).  This button called "Create Contact"  is on the account page (in contact related list) and used when users are creating a new contact for the account.  The trouble is while it works fine for me/system admin it keeps logging users out of Salesforce and then they can't get back in - their passwords are then not recognised.  Here is the button: 

https://cs2.salesforce.com/003/e?{!Contact.Contact_Address_Line_1__c}&00NR0000000WQS7={!Account.Address_Line_1__c}&00NR0000000WQJj&{!Contact.Contact_Address_Line_2__c}&00NR0000000WQT0={!Account.Address_Line_2__c}&00NR0000000WQJt&{!Contact.Contact_Address_Line_3__c}&00NR0000000WQT5={!Account.Address_Line_3__c}& 00NR0000000WQJu&{!Contact.Contact_Postal_City__c}&00NR0000000WQTF={!Account.Postal_City__c}&00NR0000000WQJp&{!Contact.Contact_Postal_State__c}&00NR0000000WQT6={!Account.Postal_State_Province__c}&00NR0000000WQJy&{!Contact.Contact_Postal_Zip_Code__c}&00NR0000000WQTP={!Account.Postal_ZIP_Code__c}&00NR0000000WQK3&{!Contact.Contact_Postal_Country__c}&00NR0000000WYcz={!Account.Postal_Country__c}&00NR0000000WYmP&{!Contact.Contact_Region__c}&00NR0000000WYnm={!Account.Region_1__c}&{!Contact.Phone}&con10={!Account.Phone}&acc10&{!Contact.Fax}&con11
={!Account.Fax}&acc11

I'm fairly new to this and have scanned through old posts and tried some of the suggestions but its nothing is working.  Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks

Jodie

Hi all,

I'm totally new in SF. Excuse me if the question is being posted.

How can I develop an application, where SF users can login and view their contacts?

Is this possible to be done with Customer Portal and Sites?

Thanks,

Nick

Is there a way to export query results in the Force.com IDE Schema Explorer?  I often find it the fastest way to obtain a quick set of data and would like to be able to save the results directly from the IDE to a CSV file or something.

Is there a way to create the data model e.g. custom objects and fields outside of Salesforce

I am constructing a formula field of type 'Text'. The formula concatenates the value of about ten fields. I am not sure, if there is a limit on the length of a formula field ? Please advice

Hi,

Is anyone aware if you create private managed listing on the app exchange do we still need to undergo a security review? The reason I ask is that we are still in a very developmental stage of our app and we want to be able to fully complete it before we list it publically but in the mean time want to able to get some Beta tester on board to give us feedback and what they would like to see in future version.

Thanks

Hi,

Is it possible to completely hide the "Setup" link that appears on the top right hand side of every page ? Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi. I'm quite new to this so please bear with me... I'm looking for the best way to retrieve only the new or updated information in saleforce through API calls. In our case we extract some key data to a external application and then work with it. So...what i wanna know is if there is a smart way of retrieving only the new/updated information. I can do queries where i check the timestamp(changedate) on every table...but i was wondering if there is a better way? regards

Why there is no provision for deleting the users in the org? We can only make the user as inactive.

Hi,

Does anyone know if Salesforce Mobile will run on the new Blackberry 9700 Bold?  I think the 9700 runs on Blackberry OS 5.0.

The 9700 isn't yet in the supported devices list, but I wonder if it will work because I'd like to buy one and I want it work with SF mobile.

Hi,

I have an composite application which pass the Salesforce security review. This application was given a client id by Salesforce. This application is currently listed in AppExchange.

Can use this client id for another composite private Salesforce application (I  am not going to list in AppExchange) ?

Also, does Salesforce give separate client Ids for each and every application I submit for security review ?

Thanks

Viraj

• March 11, 2010

Hello,

I just wanted to send a quick note and ask if the NA1 node has already been upgraded to the Spring '10 release.   It looks like it has been, I just wanted to double check.

Thank you,

Scptt

• March 03, 2010

Hi,

I have created an Apps in my developer login and I want to publish this so that it becomes accessible for other instances and it can be installed there as well.

Please guide me How can I do that.

• February 25, 2010

Hi,

We need to tell our remote salesreps to update their browsers. Is there a report that we can run that identifies the users' browser + version?

This would be similar to google analytics reporting.

Thanks,

Pete

• February 12, 2010

Spring '09 will bring a plethora of new features! One important feature that was discussed last week is the New Opportunity Save Behavior. With New Opportunity Save Behavior, Workflow rules, Validation rules and Apex triggers on Opportunities and Opportunity Products (parent) will fire when an update to an Opportunity Product or Schedule (child) causes an update to the parent record.

On Thursday - January 8th, we presented a webinar on this upcoming change and the important steps to prepare if your Force.com app is impacted. You can watch the recording here.

New Opportunity Save Behavior will be rolled out in various stages. As a result, it's important to note if your Force.com app is affected, there may be a chance that your package is blocked from install with new Spring '09 orgs. The way you can prepare is to build a new package that will work in both new and old opportunity save behavior. Visit the New Opportunity Save Behavior page for more details.

I created a sample app and integrated the Force.com idea plugin. I registered my App with Force.com domain and got a public url for my app so that it can be viewed without requiring a login.

However now i want to customize my landing page such that the ideas plugin is visible on the landing page of my public URL. How can i do that?

I'm a noob programmer so, this may seem like a dumb question. 

I'm trying to assess how I should build my app and if I should use the Force.com builder or another scripting technology to integrate into Force.com.  I'm building a project management app that will have multiple calculations and resource assignments. 

Is there a simple way to assess what the limits of the builder are?  Something like, if you want to build an app with (x) capabilities, then you can use Force.com builder, but if you want to build an app with (y) capabilities, then you should use a different technology.

Additional (though perhaps unnecessary) background:  I have resources who are comfortable scripting in PHP, AJAX, C#, and ASP.NET, and I'm trying to assess if I can just use the native Force.com builder or API, or if the app produced will be too cumbersome.  At the end of the day, users will be entering multiple tasks, assigning resources, and running calculations. 

Thanks for your help!

This seems like such a simple thing, I almost feel stupid for not being able to do it but I can't:

I've created a custom lookup field on Accounts, to Contacts, called Contact To Invoice.

I want to create a Report (for a mail merge) that pulls fields from Account plus some from the Contact linked to by Contact To Invoice (if any). If the Contact To Invoice field is null, these fields would, presumably, be blank.

I can create a Report on Accounts alone, which includes the Contact To Invoice field, but that only lists the name (it's also a link but that's not useful in a mail merge).

I can create a Report on Accounts with Contacts, which lists *all* Contacts belonging to the Account but can be filtered to only show the one who is also Contact To Invoice (because filter criteria can only compare fields to static values not to other fields).

I can create a Report on Contacts with Accounts which *will* show only the right Contacts but will omit any Accounts without a Contact To Invoice.

I can create Report on Accounts with Contact with Accounts but that doesn't work either and is starting to get ridiculous...

Any help guys?

Hi

There is a new feature called custom properties in salesforce.Anybody has any idea about this feature.

Or any pointers where i can read about this.Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Swati

Is there a way to change which account an email is sent from? How is that determined?

Right now all the emails we send from Salesforce show the From: as 

no-reply@salesforce.com on behalf of John Smith(john@ourcompany.com).

How do I change the "John Smith(john@ourcompany.com)" part to another account or email address?

• June 09, 2010

The company I work for is getting ready to publish an Apex application in the AppExchange, and we'd like to be able to make some sort of Salesforce "terms of service" or "end user licensing" agreement available prior to installation -- the standard "I have read the agreement and checked this box to continue with the installation" kind of thing.

To clarify, we already have our own "terms of service" agreement we use for *our* applications sold by *our* company.  What I'm after is a TOS / EULA that would be appropriate for someone installing an application from the AppExchange into their own Salesforce.com organization area.

Is there a boiler-plate PDF document available from Salesforce for this sort of thing?  If so, where can I find a copy?

Thanks!

Jerry H.

Hi,

We are presently trying to create or change data in offline salesforce edition using excel connector. I am not able to login into offline salesforce. Is there anything I need to do configure for offline ?? It is wokring well in online mode though. How can I login into sforce connector for offline salesforce ?? Please advice.

Regards

Raj.

Beginning Sat 6/5, my evaluation user credentials do not work when trying to launch a test drive from the AppExchange.  I am able to login with the credentials from the browser, however, they do not work when accessing thru AppExchange.  I have already deleted the org relationship from the AppExchange listing and re-established.  This does not seem to make a difference.  any guidance on resolving?

Basically what I am trying to do is figure out a workaround for the fact that reports do not have in-line editing. What I've done so far is import from salesforce all my opportunities by stages (a very long, manual process). The administrator can now edit reports in-line, and it will automatically change the opportunities. The problem with this though, is that the rest of the organization uses salesforce to enter new opportunities, and the administrator will not be able to see these changes unless he  uses query to update at a certain interval of time. Is there any way to avoid this?

Hi,

I am creating a custom application which has different modules for an organization. 

1. I want to implement module wise licensing for this application. But LMA supports only package wise licensing. Is there any way so that I split my modules as different 'Applications' and then apply different licenses to them?

2. If there is no solution for above point, I might need to create different packages containing different modules. But this will not be simple to do as there are some overlapping functionalities between modules. Even if I do it, I'll have separate packages but as per my knowledge, from one Salesforce edition can create only one Managed package. It'll be very difficult to handle different SFDC accounts to provides upgrades.

Please help me find the solution to this problem.

Thanks

Himanshu

Does anyone know if a large bold red text can display at the top of an Account record based on critieria like "Overdue Account" or "Past Due" or "Need to buy Contract"?

Desn't have to be fancy coding, could be simple field checkbox so that if checked, large bold red text will display for any user that deals with that account?

Would be very useful for us!

Thanks!

• June 02, 2010

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm trying to create a custom button for my lead view that will:

1. Fire an email template to a lead

2. Update a status field

3. Return the user to the lead view

Here's what I've got so far - it fires the template but does NOT update the status. Can someone point me in the right direction?

location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?p2_lkid={!Lead.Id}&retURL=%2F{!Lead.Id}&template_id=00X40000001B4fY&{!URLFOR($Action.Lead.Edit, Lead.Id, [retURL=URLFOR($Action.Lead.View, Lead.Id), lea13_ileinner ="First email and call attempt made", save=1] )}')

Much appreciated!

Christopher S. Penn | cspenn@gmail.com

Hi All,

Is it possible to get pop up messages in Salesforce.  Specifically we have a field called Academic Calendar

If IsChanged(Academic Calendar)=True then have a message pop-up saying "Please verify the semester field in accurate".

If this is possible, how can it be accomplished.

Thank you.

--David

I am trying to create some help documentation for our product (called PIMS) that is going to be listed on the Appexchange. 

As part of PIMS, I am writing up some help documentation.  I would like to put this documentation in a format that a prospect/customer can use after downloading our PIMS application into their org. 

I was looking at RoboHelp from Adobe as a tool for publishing the help documenation information for PIMS.

It would be great if I was able to understand what kind of software SFDC uses to publish their help documentation.  This way, any existing SFDC user would have a similar UI when they clicked the help button tosearch/navigate/read the help docs. 

Does anybody have any advice on the best strategy for publishing help documentation for an ISV/OEM product hosted on the Appexchange?

Thanks!!

• June 01, 2010

Hi Friends

I  need to send mass emails to my salesforce contacts or leads.I prefered to do this work through vertical response api

I didnt know the  vertical response mass email limitation in salesforce.If any one know  "how to send the mass email

by using vertical response API " and the limitation, please let me know me..

Thanks

Sundar

Is there a way to increase the number of managed packages allowed (we already have 1 managed package and cannot upload another) or a simple way to transfer to a new dev org.  When we transfer via eclispe it strips out the first namespace 

When you initially deploy a managed package to a new org, for the things that cannot be packaged does anybody have any tips on how to get them setup in the new org (other than manually doing them via the point & click UI in setup)?  ie for items such as:

-time based workflow

-sharing rules

-field history tracking

-page layout assignments

Similarly, for things in a package that are not upgradable, how to get any new changes applied to the new org other than manually doing them:

-page layouts

-dashboards

-reports

-email templates