• 599 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm fairly new to SF and am having trouble putting in the correct formula to get each image I have uploaded to "Documents", to show in a different image in each Account record.

I don't know the correct syntax or verbage to use. This is what I entered, and obviously am getting the same image on all the Accounts.

Getting Started with Image Fields

IMAGE("/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01560000000MlnC", 

"photo",150, 150)

I'd appreciate some help.

Thanks

• August 13, 2009

Hi All,

This is probably a really noob question, but I'm just getting my head around things.

I have created a formula field called DaysSinceLastActivity, which does this:

ROUND(TODAY()-LastActivityDate, 0)

This returns an integer number for days between today and the LastActivityDate. 

The problem I am having is that if my guys put in reminders - activities to contact a lead at a particular point in the future, my "DaysSince" field starts returning a negative number: it subtracts (Activity Due Date) from (Today). 

Is there a way to get this formula to ignore future dates altogether, and roll with LastActivityDate's that are in the past only? 

I thought about having it return 0 if the number is negative, but that is basically wrong too.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Nick

• August 05, 2009
We are looking at creating a workflow/formula where based on a zip code, a contact's board membership would be automatically populated (i.e., if a contact lives in the 90071-90075 range, they would be assigned to the "Downtown Los Angeles" board. Similarly, if a contact moves out of that zip range, they would be unassigned from the "Downtown Los Angeles" board.) We planned on using a custom picklist field for board membership.

I assume this can be achieved using either workflow or a formula field, but I'm not sure which would work best (and would be the easiest to build).

Thanks!

I would like to create a field so that I can sort myopportunities by twohalf year categories, ratherthan 4 Quarters:

CloseDate from 1/1/2009 to 30/6/2009 = H109

CloseDate from 1/7/2009 to 31/12/2009 = H209

Can you help?

When trying to login (using the connector) I receive an error saying Username, password, token or user not valid or blocked. Exception code: 5078.

The login information is correct becasuse it is being used in another PC in another location with no problems at all.

Any ideas what is generating this error?

Thanks.

• June 28, 2009
Hi i have a field called date of birth and i am trying to show the age of the contact at his next birthday, but i can't seem to incorporate leap years :(.

The database:

id - user - tickets

1 - user1 - 10

2 - user2  - 20

I would like to add up the total tickets of all users in the database and be able to sort them by created record date (10 + 20 = 30). I'm not able to add 'standard summary fields' in order to sum the total amount of tickets.

How do I do this????  Should be easy, right?

Hello!  Since SF insn't very good at exception reporting, I am trying to come up with a way to find out which leads the sales team has not followed up with.

I'm trying to create a custom formula field that will look at the last activity date to see whether it is the same as the created date - if it is, I can assume the lead hasn't been followed up with.  I keep getting an error when I try this formula:

IF( DATEVALUE( CreatedDate)  =  LastActivityDate, FALSE, TRUE)

I don't think I am using the correct function - can someone please help?

Thank you!!!! 

Hi

I created a field name educational requirements using picklist(Multiselect) if a user saves a record without selecting the educational fileds it has to show the error message like "PLEASE SELECT EDUCATION" now i want validation rule for this picklist(Multiselect)

• April 18, 2009

Hi,

i want emalil alert,when any body creats anr reports other than me....can any body assist me how to do that?

Thanks in advance

• April 07, 2009
Does anyone have a REGEX validation rule for checking for valid United Kingdom Post Codes?
I'm using this tool and it was working for the last 10 months.

However, since last week, I can't login with it. The error message is about an API access rights.

• February 08, 2009

I have create a custom object called Pricing.  This object is a child object with the Parent being the Opportunity Object.  On my Opportunity object I have two fields the Contract Start Date & the Contract End Date.

On my pricing object I want to calculate an item's amount using the following formula: ((Contract End Date - Contract Start Date)/12) * rate = Amount

So for everything works.

The problem is, on the Opportunity object, I want to do a roll up summary field to total all the Pricing objects "Amounts", but the system will not let me.  I assume that is because my formula references fields on the Opportunity object and thus will not allow the roll up summary.  My question is, is there a way around this?

Thanks

Todd B.

I'd like to lock opportunities based on whether a custom field is set to true or false.  There has got to be a way - without having to create a new page layout... we want this to be active for all page layouts.  Any ideas?  I'm sure someone has done this.  Thanks!!
  • February 03, 2009

I'm trying to generate a Val rule which prevents a Stage from being selected. When the 'source' (or influencing field) is a picklist, text, or date field I have no issues, but I cant find the function that controls how a Boolean (particularly, if Null) controls/limits the Stage...

Input most welcome!

KSK  

• January 28, 2009

I am trying to create a validation rule that will make the Account Billing Country and the Contact Mailing Country fields required and contain values from a specific list (i.e. Country = Argentina or Bolivia or Colombia and nothing else). So far I have only been able to make the fields required. I am having trouble defining the correct formula for the pick-list of acceptable values. I tried:

AND( LEN( BillingCountry ) = 0, CONTAINS("Argentina || Peru || Bolivia || USA || Canada || Ghana || Indonesia || Malaysia || Taiwan || Mexico || Nigeria || Pakistan || South Africa || Uganda || India || Philippines || Armenia || Russia", BillingCountry))

But it is not giving me an error message when I mis-spell one of those countries nor when I enter something not on the list.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Can I create a validation rule which checks if a value in a picklist object in contains a certain strong?

I have a picklist of the following

SMB_Phone

SMB_Email

ENT_Phone

ENT_Email

I dont want to reference each value individually - how can I achieve this?

I am trying to find the difference between two date fields. One date field: "Site_Start_Date__c" is from the standard Account object.  The second date field: "LOI_Received__c" is from a Custom object names " Go_Live_Process__c". The result field will have a return type of number and will be placed on an Account object page layout.

There is a master-detail relationship between Account and Go Live Process. I want to make sure that the field from Go_Live_Process__c matches up to the correct Account. I dont know if this is something that SF will take care of or if it is something that I have to take into consideration.

The equation I tried is:  Site_Start_Date__c - Go_Live_Process__c.LOI_Received__c

But I get errors saying that either Go_LIve_Process__c does not exist or LOI_Received__c does not exist and I should check my spelling.

I am not sure the best way to approach this. So far I have tried a Formula field, but maybe an apex trigger would work better?
  • November 20, 2008
Does anyone know a formula to show the day of the week a lead was created (ie monday, tuesday, etc.)?  I want to setup a workflow that will notify management when a lead has not been contacted within 24 hours of being created.  The problem lies in leads that are submitted over the weekend.
  • June 30, 2008

Hello,

I'm really excited about SF Content being free for all my users, and I think I have a great way to start using it. We have these PDF reports that go out to our customers, and I'd love it if we could bcc these emails to a Salesforce email address which would grab the attachments and stash them in a workplace (the same workplace for all attachments). I think this should be pretty easy, but I'm not sure where to begin.

I know that I'd create an email service, and I'd obviously add that email address to the emails being sent out, and create a new Apex class, but I looked through the Winter '10 API guide and didn't see what kind of calls I'd make - if anyone could give me an idea of what the code would look like, I'd really appreciate it!

Help?

Message Edited by Jakester on 12-16-2009 03:29 PM

I'm a newb, but I got some great help at Dreamforce this week on some code I'm trying to implement. Here's the deal: when an image-type Attachment is added to an Asset, I want to set the custom picklist field on the Asset called Picture_Type__c to "Specific Picture". I got that working, but now of course I need the reverse, too, which is that if all image-type Attachments are removed from an Asset, I want to set Picture_Type__c back to empty. Here's the code I have so far:

trigger ImageOnAsset on Attachment (after insert, after undelete, after delete) { Set<Id> assetIdSet = new Set<Id>(); if (Trigger.isDelete) { List<Attachment> attachmentParents = [SELECT ParentId FROM Attachment Where Id IN :Trigger.old]; Map<Id,Set<Id>> assetImages = new Map<Id,Set<Id>>(); for (Attachment attachment : attachmentParents) { assetImages.put(attachment.ParentId, new Set<Id>()); } for (Attachment attachment : [SELECT Id, ParentId, ContentType FROM Attachment WHERE ParentId IN :assetImages.keySet()]) { if(attachment.contentType != null && attachment .contentType.startswith('image')) { assetImages.get(attachment.ParentId).add(attachment.Id); } } // for (Map.Entry<Id,Set<Id>> assetImage : assetImages) { // todo: here's where I need help! // } For(Attachment oldAttachment : Trigger.old) { if(oldAttachment.contentType != null && oldAttachment.contentType.startswith('image')) assetIdSet.add(oldAttachment.ParentId); } } else { For(Attachment newAttachment : Trigger.new){ if(newAttachment.contentType != null && newAttachment.contentType.startswith('image')) assetIdSet.add(newAttachment.ParentId); } } if(!assetIdSet.isEmpty()) { For(Asset ass : [SELECT Asset.Id, Asset.Picture_Type__c FROM Asset where Id IN :assetIdSet]){ ass.Picture_Type__c = 'Specific Picture'; update ass; } } }

In addition to the "here's where I need help", I also am not sure where/how I can say "only do this if the parent object is an Asset.

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm trying to make it so that the Accounts with a type of Customer can only be owned by someone in the Sales profile. I don't see a way to restrict by profile, so the closest I've come is to call out user ids, with the following validation rule:

and(case(OwnerId, "005500000011YxTAAU",false, "005500000011YxbAAE",false, "005500000011YB4AAM",false, "005500000011YxRAAU",false, "005500000011YxhAAE",false, "005500000012etTAAQ",false, "005500000011YAkAAM",false, true) , ispickval(Type,"Customer") )

This fails with "Error: Incorrect argument type for function case()." Help - what am I doing wrong?

Hi All,

Just curious if anyone knows about how long I should expect to wait for the code review of our native app? It's pretty simple, and all in Apex and Visualforce.

Thanks!

-Jake

Hi All,

I've got a request from a user to update the standard Subject field on a task to a specific text value if a picklist gets set to a certain value. When I tried this, I got the error: "Error: Formula result is data type (Text), incompatible with expected data type (Picklist)." Which is weird, because Subject is not really your typical picklist - I think it's technically a "Combo Box" according to Salesforce. Anyway, it's not looking like this is possible, but I'm wondering if someone here knows a workaround. Thanks!

One of my developers has just finished getting SSO implemented, and it's working great, but I can't get it to work with Salesforce Mobile Lite for the iPhone. I'm not really sure what credentials the user should enter, but when I had my user try his Salesforce username and Salesforce password it just hangs on Registering...

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

-Jake

We have this nifty custom object which tracks our customer's hardware specs called Hardware_Information__c. It's a child of Account. Sometimes we provide that hardware to them, and sometimes they provide their own. When we provide it to them, we link the Asset entry to the hardware_information__c via the Associated_Product__c lookup field. Here's a visual:

hardware and asset relation

I'm hoping to write a trigger that fires when an Asset's AccountID changes that would:

1. Check if there's an Associated_Product__c id that matches the Asset's ID that just changed
  2. If so, set the Hardware_Information__c's AccountId equal to the new Asset's ID
  3. If not, do nothing

This would essentially just make it so the Hardware Info follows its Asset when the Asset gets moved. I found this post which seems to be a great starting point. What do y'all think?

Thanks!!

-Jake

Hi All,

I have a Visualforce email template which is using relatedToType="Idea". On the Idea object, I have a custom lookup field called Rocker__c (don't ask :smileyvery-happy:) which is a lookup to the User object. I want to return the name from the User object. I've tried {!relatedTo.Rocker__c.FirstName} and it didn't work saying

Error: Unknown property 'String.FirstName'
What am I missing?

Thanks!

-Jake

Hi All,

I'm hoping to get some help with this guide on how to make a quick close button that works on a list. I just tried to implement this, and I'm getting an error when I click the button:

"A problem for this on-click javascript button or link was encountered: sforce is not defined"

Any ideas? I confirmed that Closed is indeed a status for the Status picklist and double-checked that I followed the rest of the instructions.

Thanks!

-Jake
Hi All,

What I'm trying to do is set a boolean field on the Opportunity called Has_Kiosk_Hardware__c to True if a product (which is of type "Kiosk Hardware" according to my custom Product_Group__c picklist on the Product2 object) is added to that opportunity.

Here's what I came up with:

Code:
trigger updateHasKioskHardware on OpportunityLineItem (after insert) {
For (OpportunityLineItem nOLI:Trigger.new)
//
{If (nOLI.pricebookentry.product2.product_group__c == 'Kiosk Hardware')
{
nOLI.Opportunity.Has_Kiosk_Hardware__c = True;
}
}
}

It compiles and I get no errors when I add products, but it does not update the Has_Kiosk_Hardware__c when I add a kiosk hardware product. To troubleshoot, I changed the If statement to always be true like so:

Code:
trigger updateHasKioskHardware on OpportunityLineItem (after insert) {
For (OpportunityLineItem nOLI:Trigger.new)
//
{If (True)
{
nOLI.Opportunity.Has_Kiosk_Hardware__c = True;
}
}
}

And I got this error sent via email:
updateHasKioskHardware: execution of AfterInsert

caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object

Trigger.updateHasKioskHardware: line 6, column 8

What am I doing wrong?

ps Sorry for the double-post, but I after I initially replied in that thread I got concerned that it would be buried there and not get noticed, so I created a new post with the question.
Hi All,

I have the following validation rule which locks down closed opportunities for everyone except my power users:

Code:
and(
or(
ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE(StageName),"Closed Won")
,ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE(StageName),"Closed Lost")
,ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE(StageName),"Closed Quote")
)
,and($Profile.Name <> "System Administrator" ,$Profile.Name <> "Power User*" )

)

It's working great, but I'd like to add an exception that says "If user is Sally Smith, then she can ONLY update the close date on Closed Won opportunities."

It's important that the exception is only for changing one particular field and is only extended to one particular user. Anybody know how to accomplish this? My only idea so far is to add on to the existing validation rule Sally's name, and then create another validation rule that says (in pseudo-code) (and(opportunity is closed, user is sally, not ischanged(field1), not ischanged(field2), etc.) and go on listing every single field on the opportunity except for the CloseDate. This is obviously a nightmare, because anytime we add or remove a field this huge formula would have to be updated.

I know there are some geniuses lurking out there - help me out! What am I missing?
We're a <50 employee company in the final stretch of customizing Salesforce before deploying it. I've been able to get us 90% of the way there, but there are four Opportunity Line Item customizations that we need done. I've written up the business specifications and can assist with QA'ing the work. They are fairly straightforward but will definitely require some strong coding skills.

I can send you the business specs right away but I'll want to talk to a reference or two before we engage.

Thanks,

-Jake

503 517-4540
Hi, Newbie question. I have created a custom VF page to replace default editIdea.apexp page. Where do I need to make the substitution? I looked in set up > develop > page but there is no editIdea page there Thank you
  • September 14, 2011

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how user's can authenticate using devices and salesforce api's when we plan on enabling SAML 2.0 based SSO for the web interface.  One of our goals is to have SSO available from the internet (off our core internal network).  

• Will users be required to know their salesforce user name and password?  If so, one of the benefits of SSO, automatic disabling of access when the user is disabled at the identity provider, seems to be lost. 
  • Does delegated authentication fit somewhere in the equation?

Thanks

• December 22, 2009

Hello,

I'm really excited about SF Content being free for all my users, and I think I have a great way to start using it. We have these PDF reports that go out to our customers, and I'd love it if we could bcc these emails to a Salesforce email address which would grab the attachments and stash them in a workplace (the same workplace for all attachments). I think this should be pretty easy, but I'm not sure where to begin.

I know that I'd create an email service, and I'd obviously add that email address to the emails being sent out, and create a new Apex class, but I looked through the Winter '10 API guide and didn't see what kind of calls I'd make - if anyone could give me an idea of what the code would look like, I'd really appreciate it!

Help?

Message Edited by Jakester on 12-16-2009 03:29 PM

I'm a newb, but I got some great help at Dreamforce this week on some code I'm trying to implement. Here's the deal: when an image-type Attachment is added to an Asset, I want to set the custom picklist field on the Asset called Picture_Type__c to "Specific Picture". I got that working, but now of course I need the reverse, too, which is that if all image-type Attachments are removed from an Asset, I want to set Picture_Type__c back to empty. Here's the code I have so far:

trigger ImageOnAsset on Attachment (after insert, after undelete, after delete) { Set<Id> assetIdSet = new Set<Id>(); if (Trigger.isDelete) { List<Attachment> attachmentParents = [SELECT ParentId FROM Attachment Where Id IN :Trigger.old]; Map<Id,Set<Id>> assetImages = new Map<Id,Set<Id>>(); for (Attachment attachment : attachmentParents) { assetImages.put(attachment.ParentId, new Set<Id>()); } for (Attachment attachment : [SELECT Id, ParentId, ContentType FROM Attachment WHERE ParentId IN :assetImages.keySet()]) { if(attachment.contentType != null && attachment .contentType.startswith('image')) { assetImages.get(attachment.ParentId).add(attachment.Id); } } // for (Map.Entry<Id,Set<Id>> assetImage : assetImages) { // todo: here's where I need help! // } For(Attachment oldAttachment : Trigger.old) { if(oldAttachment.contentType != null && oldAttachment.contentType.startswith('image')) assetIdSet.add(oldAttachment.ParentId); } } else { For(Attachment newAttachment : Trigger.new){ if(newAttachment.contentType != null && newAttachment.contentType.startswith('image')) assetIdSet.add(newAttachment.ParentId); } } if(!assetIdSet.isEmpty()) { For(Asset ass : [SELECT Asset.Id, Asset.Picture_Type__c FROM Asset where Id IN :assetIdSet]){ ass.Picture_Type__c = 'Specific Picture'; update ass; } } }

In addition to the "here's where I need help", I also am not sure where/how I can say "only do this if the parent object is an Asset.

Thanks!

I'm using Eclipse to develop Apex code.  I was working on a pretty big controller directly in my production account (I know, I know...) and got a little behind on implementing the test routines.  Eventually the controller would no longer save to my server since the average test coverage dropped below 75%.  I was seeing this error in the 'Problems' window in Eclipse:

'Average test coverage across all Apex Classes and Triggers is 74%, at least 75% test coverage is required'  

I immediately stopped working on the controller and went back to implement test routines in this and a couple of the other controllers.  Now the controller will save but the error message persists even if I run tests from within Eclipse.  When I run tests directly in the UI I'm told the average coverage is 84%.

How can I 'clear' the error message from the Eclipse 'Problems' window? 

• October 27, 2009
Hello,

Someone must have had this problem in the past... 

Salesforce ID’s are upper and lower case.  And they can

have the same number/letter combo but they treat upper and lower case letters
different.  When we bring these into our accounting system (Great Plains)
they make them all upper case letters.  Therefore 2 customers may have the
same ID # in Great Plains. 

All we need is a unique ID for each account but the problem

is we have already used up all 3 auto number external id fields.

The other postings regarding this problem were helpful

however we need ours to show up in a report and not be solved through the excel
connector.  I thought we could just build a formula field to display the
18 character (in case sensitive) ID but the trouble is the formula is too
large. Here is the code:

Id &
Mid("ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ",
16 * IF(LOWER(Mid(Id,0,1)) != Mid(Id,0,1),1,0) +
8 * IF(LOWER(Mid(Id,1,1)) != Mid(Id,1,1),1,0) +
4 * IF(LOWER(Mid(Id,2,1)) != Mid(Id,2,1),1,0) +
2 * IF(LOWER(Mid(Id,3,1)) != Mid(Id,3,1),1,0) +
1 * IF(LOWER(Mid(Id,4,1)) != Mid(Id,4,1),1,0),1) &
16 * IF(LOWER(Mid(Id,5,1)) != Mid(Id,5,1),1,0) +
8 * IF(LOWER(Mid(Id,6,1)) != Mid(Id,6,1),1,0) +
4 * IF(LOWER(Mid(Id,7,1)) != Mid(Id,7,1),1,0) +
2 * IF(LOWER(Mid(Id,8,1)) != Mid(Id,8,1),1,0) +
1 * IF(LOWER(Mid(Id,9,1)) != Mid(Id,9,1),1,0),1) &
16 * IF(LOWER(Mid(Id,10,1)) != Mid(Id,10,1),1,0) +
8 * IF(LOWER(Mid(Id,11,1)) != Mid(Id,11,1),1,0) +
4 * IF(LOWER(Mid(Id,12,1)) != Mid(Id,12,1),1,0) +
2 * IF(LOWER(Mid(Id,13,1)) != Mid(Id,13,1),1,0) +
1 * IF(LOWER(Mid(Id,14,1)) != Mid(Id,14,1),1,0),1)

Any ideas on the code or formula field work around? 

Are there any other options?

Thanks in advance

-Andy

• September 21, 2009
I have a multi-select picklist that needs all options selected by default at the point of contact creation. I can't seem to use workflow update to do this and on the fileds page, you can only choose one option as the default. I need them all selected or otherwise, we'll have to select 10 fields for every conatct we create. Please help, thanks.
I would like to make any opportunities created before 8/1/09 read only. Any suggestions?
  • August 13, 2009

Hello,

I have an image formula on my account to setup a VENN diagram, very similar to a demonstration in a "Tips & Tricks" webinar.

The problem is the URL (http://chart.apis.google.com/) to build the images is non-secure, causing security warnings to appear on our Account page when using Internet Explorer.

Does anyone know of a similar tool with a secure URL to use as an alternate to the google chart api?  I'm hoping to have a solution that doesn't really on users resetting IE security settings (which may turn out to be a headache).

Thank you,

AT

I'm fairly new to SF and am having trouble putting in the correct formula to get each image I have uploaded to "Documents", to show in a different image in each Account record.

I don't know the correct syntax or verbage to use. This is what I entered, and obviously am getting the same image on all the Accounts.

Getting Started with Image Fields

IMAGE("/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01560000000MlnC", 

"photo",150, 150)

I'd appreciate some help.

Thanks

• August 13, 2009

I've created a report that shows my opportunity pipeline by probability but I'm trying to merge a couple of the rows together and am looking for some help on how to do it.  I'd like to combine the 10% and 20% opportunities into a single row of data so the total monthly and grand totals are combined. 

Probability Chart

Somehow the last row of date would show the following:

10-20%    $3,000      $468,686.35     $602,427.38        $1,074,113.73

Any help that can be provided would be great.  Thanks!

Need to return in a view or a  report alll leads or accounts that do not have an open activit. 

Want to create a field that returns how many open activities a record has.  Is there a way to this using custom formula field or reports?

-Thanks

I know this can't be done from within SF - jsut wondering if the EC will make that possible since
While I've seen a few questions on Person Accounts, can't find this yet and I'm pulling my hair out.  We have an external ID established for Accounts.  I'm trying to do an Upsert with the Data Loader on the Person Accounts.  Upsert finds the Account, but only updates Account related fields...not any of the Contact related ones.  I tried doing the Upsert on Contacts instead of Accounts, but that doesnt' work either.  Also tried Update but that doesnt' let me use an external ID.

Any ideas on how to Upsert these Person Accounts without using the SFDC ID?

Note: I saw a previous post that asked something similar to this and answer was to use RecordType ID.  That isn't working. DataLoader 14.

Message Edited by DarrellD on 12-01-2008 03:27 PM