• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello there!

I'm new to the SalesForce. I'm ASP.NET developer and right now just analyzing how much flexibility and customization capability does SalesForce provide.

What I'm interested in is that Is there a way that  I can extend /tweak the existing  salesForce UI; I mean adding AJAX to enhance user experience on the VisualForce  pages or the way the user interacts.

If thats not the case then I have to build all the salesforce pages in ASP.NET using the web services to interact with salesforce API.
Plz help me with this.

Thanks

• May 23, 2008
Where can I get a list of all the methods for APEX  Messaging.SingleEmailMessage
I'm trying a good.com browser on an iPad. When I get to the task input window, there are 2 kinds of look up - modal & pop up - modal works fine.

I can't get pop up to work. Maybe it's a user error (wrong settings). Maybe good.com browser isn't operating properly. Maybe it's a valid security flaw that good browser is saving us from. But without a solution from SFDC or Good.com, I've got some re-writing to do...

Anyone else seeing this behavior? Maybe there's a simple setting I overlooked (wouldn't be the first time).

Thanks in advance.

I have a VF page which includes: apex:detail. The VF page overrides the View function.

When the user scrolls to a section, does an inline Edit,  then does a Save - the system returns the user to the Save button scroll position.

I want the user returned to top of page. This is how it works when there is no override of vf page with embedded apex:detail tag. Because we have "Snapshot" info at the top of the form, this is a nice side effect that we have lost.

Is writing a Save method in the controller an option? If so, how would I say 'go to top' prior to issuing the update command?

Tia,

I have a user who can't save a report to Unfiled Public Reports. Any ideas what could cause that & how to fix it?

Does anyone have experience with sending text messages out of salesforce by asking for the user's email address that their carrier turns into a text message and then sends (and bills for)?

Any one know an easier way to do that?

tia

Does anyone know if there is an app which could be coupled with iPhone Chatter, which would read aloud posts and comments.

Also, it would be ideal if the tool could mimic user behavior by doing a refresh every x seconds.

If this were the windows world, it would be straightforward to make a WinBatch wrapper to handle this stuff, but ios on iphone? (Greek to me).

When a user goes to a page, say an Account detail page, and makes some changes to the open or closed twisty on a section, does that setting stick for a user?

I have a VF page which includes some javascript code, including the call to the twistSection function. This page also includes:

<apex:detail>

If I have not viewed an Account record, things behave as I would expect. (The sections I ask to be collapsed, are).

However, if I have previously viewed the record, things do not behave as I would expect. (Some sections collapse, some not - and I'm having trouble noting the pattern, however I confess I have not applied systematic trial and error).

If the Twisty settings are sticky, what are the rules?

Is there any other mechanism at play which might give me what I'm observing?

Additional detail: I'm looking at a rendered page's iframe source to get the ID of the h3 I need. Thus, my twistSection call (in my <script> tags) looks like:

twistSection(document.getElementById('head_01B50000002HqNn_ep_j_id0_j_id3').getElementsByTagName('img')[0]);

I'm also defining checkboxes on the User record to let users decide how much clutter they want - but I doubt that is playing a role in what's happening (I wouldn't mind being wrong on this if it leads me to a solution or an understanding that something else is blocking me).

Tia,

I have a large Account detail page. I'm putting a snap shot section on the top, which duplicates data seen elsewhere (via formula fields mostly). I want to put a link to the part of the page where the source data is, and a return link to get back to the snap shot section.

Here are the two VF pages I'm placing as inline VF pages:

<apex:page standardController="Account" >
    <a name="Snap"></a>
</apex:page>

<apex:page standardController="Account">
    <a href="#Snap"> Back to Snapshot </a>

The "Back to Snapshot" link shows up, but it doesn't do what I'd hope ... reposition the viewer to where I've place the anchor.

What am I doing wrong?

If this isn't possible, what other HTML is not allowed inbetween VF page tags?

Thanks in advance,

I want a user to be able to attach a pdf to an object, have an "on insert" trigger be launched, and in that trigger, I want to email that document, then I want to delete the pdf.

Is this possible? Would I have to change a switch field on the object, and then have an "on update" trigger to the object do the email then delete the document?

What I want to be able to say is, "No, I'm not saving that pdf in the cloud."

[I'm about to prototype, but would appreciate any insights. Thanks in advance.]

I am running a SOQL against AccountHistory. I am then looping through the resultant list and testing to see if an OldValue equals  something. I can't save the code and get an error: 

Save error: Illegal assignment of SObject to string

Does anyone have a code snippet showing how to use OldValue, NewValue? I read where they are "Any Type" ...

Apex Manual Reference

Thanks in advance...

I have some complicated logic I'd like to represent with VPM. When the status__c of the object changes, I'd like the trigger to do the VPM - analyze the situation, send email notification to various people, and mark that they've been notified.

There would be no human interaction. {I haven't checked to see if it's possible to write a flow w/o user I/O.}

We have a report which lists Contacts. The user does a shift click on the Contact link to open a detail page in a new window. The user edits the record, saves, and closes the page.

After more than a handfull of these operations, some machines would hang.

We tracked it down to available memory going down with the close of each new window.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm wondering if it's related to the way the SFDC page is created (vs something MSoft has done with IE).

I tried to do "simple" with the new builder ... no luck. Am I doing something wrong?

I have an APEX trigger which under certain circumstances, breaks a Validation rule (on purpose - so the object gets listed in the error popup when the user is doing an inline mass edit on a VF enhanced list). When that happens, I also wanted to create an instance for my log file object & insert it, saying that I just broke the Validation rule.

Even though we are speaking of a completely different custom object, it's as if the processing stops when the Validation rule is broken & even if I have the insert of the log object instance earlier in the code - it's like the commits which were queued were not released once the Validation rule was broken.

Has any one come across something like this?

I'm having trouble getting my 75% code coverage. In my testMethod, I'm creating AccountTeamMembers to go along with the Accounts I create, but in the trigger I'm trying to cover, the SOQL against AccountTeamMembers doesn't seem to be returning hits - the code w/in the loop doesn't get hit.

Also, will Share objects get created when I try to cover my customized security?

Thanks,
What does the message:

Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.

after I tried to register using the default login page.

I have an inputCheckbox, and a selectRadio tag in my VF page. The onclick for the inputCheckbox runs a javascript function to disable the radio button group when the checkbox is unchecked - but I can't seem to get it right. I have id's set for apex:page, apex:form, apex:inputCheckbox. When the onclick function runs, I can detect whether the checkbox is checked because I call

markDirty(this)

where this is the checkbox.

However, when I try:

document.getElementById("page:form:radio").disabled = true;

it's not working.

Obviously, javascript DOM is not my strength. Thanks,

In a trigger, I want to assign a field to the UserID of the user who has 'Account Primary' role.
Code:
      for (integer i=0; i<trigger.size; i++) {
       Account acct = Select (Select Id, TeamMemberRole, UserId From AccountTeamMember 
         Where TeamMemberRole = 'Account Primary') From Account 
Where id = :trigger[i].SERVICING_ACCOUNT__c);
trigger[i].APPROVING_USER__c = acct.AccountTeamMember.UserId; }

On the line beginning, "Account acct ...", I'm getting a Problem message of:

Save error: expecting a semi-colon, found 'acct'

There are no missing ' ; ' end of line characters prior to the line.

Once that is working, then the line beginning, "trigger[i].APP..." may cause me problems. I'm not sure if the '__r' designation is required - or, that I've got the naming of the acct.AccountTeamMember.UserId variable correct.

Thanks,

I want to send an Email Alert to the current user. I tried putting:

{!$User.email}

into the Additional Emails text box, but got the message:

Error: Email addresses must be valid emails

Is there a different way to do this, or must I go to a trigger?

I have an apex page where I'm using an enhancedList tag, and a custom controller. In the custom controller's constructor, I try to update a different object (different than what the enhancedList is using). It doesn't seem to work. Hopefully, I'm making a mistake that's obvious to someone else.

Code:
<apex:page controller="smemController">

<apex:pageBlock >
     <apex:form >

</apex:form><br/>
     <apex:enhancedList type="Contact" height="500" id="ML"></apex:enhancedList>

</apex:pageBlock>

/// Here's the controller:

public class smemController {

public void smemController() {
        List<User> meList = [SELECT ID, FirstName, LastName, CURRENT_MAIL_LIST__c FROM User WHERE ID = :UserInfo.getUserId() LIMIT 1];
        User me = meList[0];
        String fullName = me.FirstName + ' ' + me.LastName;
        List<Mail_List__c> myLists = [SELECT ID, CHANGE_ME__c, LIST_NAME__c, CURRENT_LIST__c, Name, DUMPSTER__c FROM Mail_List__c WHERE LIST_OWNER__c = :fullName];
        for (integer i=0; i < myLists.size(); i++) {
            myLists[i].CURRENT_LIST__c = false;
            myLists[i].DUMPSTER__c = 'Was Hit';
        }
        update myLists;
    }

}

I'm trying a good.com browser on an iPad. When I get to the task input window, there are 2 kinds of look up - modal & pop up - modal works fine.

I can't get pop up to work. Maybe it's a user error (wrong settings). Maybe good.com browser isn't operating properly. Maybe it's a valid security flaw that good browser is saving us from. But without a solution from SFDC or Good.com, I've got some re-writing to do...

Anyone else seeing this behavior? Maybe there's a simple setting I overlooked (wouldn't be the first time).

Thanks in advance.

I'd like to discuss wireframe tools for use specifying pages for development in VF.  I've done some specs for my developers just using MS-office tools like Viseo/Word/Excel.  For one page I used the trial version of Balamiq.  I'm starting to read about more powerful tools like axure.

I'd like to hear what other people are using and get ideas of benefits of each tool.

It would be nice for any tool if there was already existing, or a way to build an element that looked like pageblock, pageblocksection, and pageblocktable.  But I was able to fake it enough with just regular drawing in Balamiq.

I don't know how important it is to have a tool that actually produces a prototype page in HTML.  It might be a total rewrite when you implement in VF if you are using the native VF tags.  On the other hand, if you scrapped the SF look-and-feel and wanted a custom HTML page that resides in VF, it might be a good feature.

So what are people using?

I have a VF page which includes: apex:detail. The VF page overrides the View function.

When the user scrolls to a section, does an inline Edit,  then does a Save - the system returns the user to the Save button scroll position.

I want the user returned to top of page. This is how it works when there is no override of vf page with embedded apex:detail tag. Because we have "Snapshot" info at the top of the form, this is a nice side effect that we have lost.

Is writing a Save method in the controller an option? If so, how would I say 'go to top' prior to issuing the update command?

Tia,

Map<String, Schema.SObjectField> fieldMap = leadSchema.getDescribe().fields.getMap();
Opportunity opp=[Select id,name,accountId from Opportunity];
 Map<String,string> valueMap=new Map<String,String>();

for(opportunity o:opp)
           {
                for(String fieldName: fieldMap.keySet())
                {
                    **valueMap.put(fieldName,o);**
                }

}

I want to create a map of apiname and value pair..please help... 

i want record value...like if apiname of opportunity field is name..then i want record value..ie opportunity name...

I have a user who can't save a report to Unfiled Public Reports. Any ideas what could cause that & how to fix it?

Does anyone know if there is an app which could be coupled with iPhone Chatter, which would read aloud posts and comments.

Also, it would be ideal if the tool could mimic user behavior by doing a refresh every x seconds.

If this were the windows world, it would be straightforward to make a WinBatch wrapper to handle this stuff, but ios on iphone? (Greek to me).

When a user goes to a page, say an Account detail page, and makes some changes to the open or closed twisty on a section, does that setting stick for a user?

I have a VF page which includes some javascript code, including the call to the twistSection function. This page also includes:

<apex:detail>

If I have not viewed an Account record, things behave as I would expect. (The sections I ask to be collapsed, are).

However, if I have previously viewed the record, things do not behave as I would expect. (Some sections collapse, some not - and I'm having trouble noting the pattern, however I confess I have not applied systematic trial and error).

If the Twisty settings are sticky, what are the rules?

Is there any other mechanism at play which might give me what I'm observing?

Additional detail: I'm looking at a rendered page's iframe source to get the ID of the h3 I need. Thus, my twistSection call (in my <script> tags) looks like:

twistSection(document.getElementById('head_01B50000002HqNn_ep_j_id0_j_id3').getElementsByTagName('img')[0]);

I'm also defining checkboxes on the User record to let users decide how much clutter they want - but I doubt that is playing a role in what's happening (I wouldn't mind being wrong on this if it leads me to a solution or an understanding that something else is blocking me).

Tia,

I have a large Account detail page. I'm putting a snap shot section on the top, which duplicates data seen elsewhere (via formula fields mostly). I want to put a link to the part of the page where the source data is, and a return link to get back to the snap shot section.

Here are the two VF pages I'm placing as inline VF pages:

<apex:page standardController="Account" >
    <a name="Snap"></a>

<apex:page standardController="Account">
    <a href="#Snap"> Back to Snapshot </a>

The "Back to Snapshot" link shows up, but it doesn't do what I'd hope ... reposition the viewer to where I've place the anchor.

What am I doing wrong?

If this isn't possible, what other HTML is not allowed inbetween VF page tags?

Thanks in advance,

I want a user to be able to attach a pdf to an object, have an "on insert" trigger be launched, and in that trigger, I want to email that document, then I want to delete the pdf.

Is this possible? Would I have to change a switch field on the object, and then have an "on update" trigger to the object do the email then delete the document?

What I want to be able to say is, "No, I'm not saving that pdf in the cloud."

[I'm about to prototype, but would appreciate any insights. Thanks in advance.]

I am running a SOQL against AccountHistory. I am then looping through the resultant list and testing to see if an OldValue equals  something. I can't save the code and get an error: 

Save error: Illegal assignment of SObject to string

Does anyone have a code snippet showing how to use OldValue, NewValue? I read where they are "Any Type" ...

Apex Manual Reference

Thanks in advance...

Hello

I have a custom object for which I want to retrieve some field history.

For this I use the following SOQL query:

SELECT Field,NewValue,OldValue FROM Car__History

But it only pulls out the Field names, not the Old and New values, any ideas?

Thanks

• August 31, 2012

I have some complicated logic I'd like to represent with VPM. When the status__c of the object changes, I'd like the trigger to do the VPM - analyze the situation, send email notification to various people, and mark that they've been notified.

There would be no human interaction. {I haven't checked to see if it's possible to write a flow w/o user I/O.}

Hi All,

I need to call two functions and want a delay of 10 seconds between then.

It is possible with Apex code ?

Thanks,

Deepak

Hi everyone,

Do you know if we can use Chatter API from a Site User and Customer Portal user?

Basically we want to access custom object feeds, and insert post. 

Cheers,

Laurent 

I got this error trying to deploy some test code: 

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: DUPLICATE_VALUE, duplicate value found: <unknown> duplicates value on record with id: <unknown>

Is anyone familiar with this? 

Hi I have checked the trak history option for an object that I have.But I am not able to understand how to access the old values and new values.

For exaple I track the history of an object Customer.It has a field "Status" which is a Double.

How am I able to access this field status when the record in this object is updated??

my query would be

List<Customer__c> customerObj = [select oldValue,newValue from Customer__c where Parentid =: <some id over here >] ;

How would I access the newValue of the Status field ?

how do I get to see what the new status is??