• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi

I posted this a while ago in another forum

http://community.salesforce.com/t5/General-Development/force-com-ide-plugin/m-p/159633

I've installed Eclipse Ganymede version 3.4

I click Hellp|Software Updates and Add Sites

and put in http://www.adnsandbox.com/tools/ide/install/

When i select Force.com IDE nothing shows and the Install button never becomes enabled!!!

I desperately need to bring my triggers from sandbox to production.

HELP !!

thanks

tammy

I want to use SOAP API to disable a trigger, run a script, then enable it again. Can someone advise if this is possible?

It looks like I could use the ApexTrigger class to set the “Status” to “Inactive”, however on its documentation: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_objects_apextrigger.htm it says that “Inactive is not valid for ApexClass. For more information, see the Metadata API Developer Guide.” However when looking at the link I can see the status field and it looks like “Inactive” is a valid entry: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.212.0.api_meta.meta/api_meta/meta_triggers.htm?search_text=inactive

• April 26, 2018

Hi

My users find it confusing to see Salesforce as the title of the browser/browser tab.  Is there a way to customize this?

thanks

tammy

• October 10, 2012

hi

i want to see my schema

i'm following these instructions http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/?category.id=developers

but when i get to where is says to Install I see no plugin under Force.com IDE and

the Install button is inactive

what am i doing wrong?

thanks tammy

• December 07, 2009

Hi

I had a custom object (Interests) with a lookup field.

I realized I should have made it a master-detail relationship with Contacts.

After changing to master-detail there was no longer an Interests and Contacts report type in Other reports like there was when it was just a lookup.

Now none of my reports work :(

Any advise or documentation on how Report Types work with master-detail?  Aren't they auto created?

Thanks

Tammy

hi i'm create an email template using fields from both my Contact object and a custome object. the custome object fields can be selected but no data appears in the email wherever i used them any ideas? thanks Tammy

hi

when converting a lead there was an option to add Comments

once converted i don't know how to see those comments

thanks

tammy

hi

when looking for functionality i often see what i want in the Ideas

how can i tell if an Idea i see has actually been implemented by Salesforce? is the Idea flagged in some way?

thanks

tam

• April 29, 2009

HI

When you create a task in salesforce it is possible to click the Multiple Users. tab and assign the task to more than one User.

Is it possible to allow this functionality with the Contact Lookup?  I'd love a method of being able to lookup more than one contact at a time.  Some of my custom objects (eg. trip reports where you may visit a number of contacts in one visit) really require me to be able to relate that one report to two or three Contacts.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Best Regards

Tammy

• March 13, 2009
Hi
This is really dumb.  I can't find the Opportunity Tab.  I go in and give all permissions and set it to Default On but still when I look at 'all tabs'  Opportunity does not show.
What am I missing?
Thanks
Tam
  • November 11, 2008
hi

haven't a clue how to figure out how to write triggers.  none of the examples have enuff explanation to get me going.
i want to write a trigger that does the following:

the trigger needs to fire on update of contacts.Account
it would have to look up the accounts.organization_code__c where accounts.Name=contacts.Account
and make contact.org_code__c =account.organization_code__c

any takers :)
thanks
tammy
hi

we'd like to use the calendar feature

however, we have little use for the individual calendar

it will be difficult for users to figure out how to get to the public group calendar

is there a way to make a public group calendar the default?

thanks
tammy
hi

in my contacts table i have a lookup for accounts
however, if an account is changed in a contact i also have an external (sql server) id that i'd like updated (it's called org_code)

i've looked at workflow but it doesn't let me say....if account is updated lookup org_code for that account and update it

how can i accomplish this

i think a trigger would work but i can't figure out how to build them
if i go to customize | contacts | triggers there is no New button to build one
is there a document somewhere that would walk me through this??

thanks
tammy
hi
i was surprised to realize lastmodifieddate isn't a standard field for my custom objects
how to i create a lasmodifieddate field for these objects
thanks!
tammy

hi
i have an engineer who wants to know if he can be notified whenever a particular word appears in our salesforce db
seems like it should be possible
any thoughts on how i could make this happen
for instance, the word microsystems is flagged and any time it appears in a support case, product usage etc, he gets notified
thanks
tammy
two more questions :)

ONE:
my users find it frustrating that the dropdowns of field names (for example, when creating a view) are not alphabetic
is it possible to modify this?

TWO:
i'm getting into a time cruch to complete this project

the default telephone format based on my locale is not what i want
i'd pefer if all phone numbers were forced to look like
613.555.5555 ext xxxx

so, user enters 10 numbers it formats as above
user enters more than 10 the format assumes international
else error

how do i go about this in salesforce

i assume i use a validation rule
could some show me a rule they've used for this

thanks
tammy
two problems

One:
for some reason, Activity History does not appear in Contacts when I log in as Sys Admin
but as a regular user it does
i have added it in the related list view but it's not there
any ideas?

Two:
also, my users don't like some of the fields in the Log A Call screen
is it possible to modify them?

thanks
tammy
hi
my users find it frustrating that the dropdowns of field names (for example, when creating a view) are not alphabetic
thanks
tammy
hi

613.555.5555 ext xxxx

else error

thanks
tammy
I think the appexchange logo in the upper right corner will be confusing for my users.
Is there anyway to remove it?

• March 26, 2008

Hi

My users find it confusing to see Salesforce as the title of the browser/browser tab.  Is there a way to customize this?

thanks

tammy

• October 10, 2012

I asked this question during the recent webinar, but got no answer.

How do you test apex code that requires the use of self-service portal users when the DML operation to create self-service portal users is not allowed?

For now, outside of my test code, I have to create a dummy account, a dummy contact, and then a dummy self-service portal user. Then I have to hope no one deletes this by accident, or my test code no longer works.

I know that, like users, you cannot delete self-service portal users. But you can create users in Apex test code that go away when the test completes.

Why can't you create self-service portal users in apex code?

Hi

I posted this a while ago in another forum

http://community.salesforce.com/t5/General-Development/force-com-ide-plugin/m-p/159633

I've installed Eclipse Ganymede version 3.4

I click Hellp|Software Updates and Add Sites

and put in http://www.adnsandbox.com/tools/ide/install/

When i select Force.com IDE nothing shows and the Install button never becomes enabled!!!

I desperately need to bring my triggers from sandbox to production.

HELP !!

thanks

tammy

Hi

I had a custom object (Interests) with a lookup field.

I realized I should have made it a master-detail relationship with Contacts.

After changing to master-detail there was no longer an Interests and Contacts report type in Other reports like there was when it was just a lookup.

Now none of my reports work :(

Any advise or documentation on how Report Types work with master-detail?  Aren't they auto created?

Thanks

Tammy

hi i'm create an email template using fields from both my Contact object and a custome object. the custome object fields can be selected but no data appears in the email wherever i used them any ideas? thanks Tammy
Hi
This is really dumb.  I can't find the Opportunity Tab.  I go in and give all permissions and set it to Default On but still when I look at 'all tabs'  Opportunity does not show.
What am I missing?
Thanks
Tam
  • November 11, 2008
hi

haven't a clue how to figure out how to write triggers.  none of the examples have enuff explanation to get me going.
i want to write a trigger that does the following:

the trigger needs to fire on update of contacts.Account
it would have to look up the accounts.organization_code__c where accounts.Name=contacts.Account
and make contact.org_code__c =account.organization_code__c

any takers :)
thanks
tammy
hi
i was surprised to realize lastmodifieddate isn't a standard field for my custom objects
how to i create a lasmodifieddate field for these objects
thanks!
tammy

hi
i have an engineer who wants to know if he can be notified whenever a particular word appears in our salesforce db
seems like it should be possible
any thoughts on how i could make this happen
for instance, the word microsystems is flagged and any time it appears in a support case, product usage etc, he gets notified
thanks
tammy
two more questions :)

ONE:

TWO:

613.555.5555 ext xxxx

else error