• 25 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I start with the requisite... "I'm not a developer but have been doing this long enough that with a little help I can probably get it done..." disclaimer!

I'm am trying to create a process which I think should be a fairly straightforward (see disclaimer above!)

Here is what I want to do: Create a solution where the user can submit a customer PO to our Order entry people via email with an attachment.  without going into too much detail this is how we currently submit PO's but it's done via email and outside of SFdc and so we lose visibility when something books and thus should be decremented from the Forecast...

So ideally when the user goes into an Opportunity and marks the Stage as 'Booked' they are presented with a form that gives them some basic information... "Please attach your customer PO and send to PO Approval desk..."

The user then fills out the form (Ship Date, Contact info, Ship to, etc.) and attaches the document (e-fax) and hits send and an email is then sent to a predetermined email address in the company.

I'm thinking that this can either be done with a workflow rule that triggers off of a change to the Stage field ('Booked') and I know how to do this, but my only choices are to send an email alert, create a Task, or do a Field update.... OR with a Button on the Opportunity (like "Send PO") which then marks the Opportunity as Booked... Pops up a window/form, etc. and so on.  I don't know Java so it seems like creating a Visual Force Page would be the only other option.

Anyway, if any of you kind souls have some feedback, help, suggestions, code samples, etc.  it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Principals Only - No Agencies please! 

In other words if you are the person that will be doing the work great... If not please don't respond. 

We are looking for a Developer for a medium sized project who is located in the SF-Bay Area and can work on-site (Sunnyvale) for at least 50% of the engagement.  Just a developer, not an implemenation consultant, not a project manager, etc.

Unsure exactly how long the engagement will be as we first need some help with scoping the project.  Estimating 20Hrs/Week for 6-8 weeks.  Project would start in early November.

Skills needed:

- 3-5 yrs. experience with Salesforce.com

- Strong Apex development skills (Apex and VisualForce controllers)

- Experience with Salesforce API and Web Services 

- Experience designing/developing Visual Forces pages, Wizards, etc.

- Creating Workflows, validation rules, etc.

- Experience developing Custom objects and extending existing Standard objects

- Strong communication skills essential

Project Highlights: (The "harder" stuff)

- Extending the functionality of the Quoting object currently offered by Salesforce.com

("Sales Quotes with Line Items" App by Force.com Labs 1/7/2009)

- Extending the functionality of the Offline Edition (2.0) to use the Quoting functionality

- Creating an integration to automate the creation of PriceBooks from another database

Ideally you will have a portfoliof projects that show your experience!

If this sound like you and you are interested (and available) please email me or call.

Mike McGeoy

mmcgeoy@infinera.com

A requirement I have is to be able to print Quotes while running the Offline Edition.  I didn't see anything "out of the box" with the Quoting App or in the setup for the Offline Edition, and was wondering if someone has done this type of thing already. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Mike

Why do I get a "Malformed Query" error with the following SOQL Query?

SELECT Account.Name, Name, Amount, Probability, ExpectedRevenue, (SELECT  Quantity, TotalPrice, UnitPrice, pricebookentry.productcode FROM OpportunityLineItems) FROM Opportunity Where amount > 4000000

Is it because I'm trying to do nested queries?

Is it because I'm trying to do a query that has relationships in it?

The force.com Developers manaul and Cookbook say that both of these are supported!  The query actually works when I test it with the Apex Explorer SOQL Test tool!

But when I run the query in the Apex DataLoader (14.0, 15.0) I get a "Malformed Query" error with no indication of what is wrong with the query!

There must be someone out there that can figure this out.

I'm having the hardest time trying to get what I believe should be an easy answer regarding a SOQL query that doesn't work in the Apex DataLoader (14.0)

A query created with Ajax Tools (2.0) returns expected results but when I run the query in the DataLoader I get a "Malformed Query" error.  This is the case whether I run it with the DataLoader GUI or from the CLI.

SELECT Account.Name, Name, Amount, Probability, ExpectedRevenue, (SELECT  Quantity, TotalPrice, UnitPrice, pricebookentry.productcode FROM OpportunityLineItems) FROM Opportunity Where amount > 4000000

Any help is greatly appreciated

Mike

This is driving me nuts!

A query that I create and test in Ajax Tools returns the information I desire... the same query launched from Apex DataLoader gives me a 'Malformed Query' error (with no meaningful details!)   Here is the SOQL query, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

SELECT Account.Name, Name, Amount, 

(SELECT Quantity, UnitPrice, TotalPrice FROM OpportunityLineItem)

FROM Opportunity

Unless I'm blind (or insane) this query is formed exactly as shown on Page 106 of the Force.com Cookbook

So why does it fail when run from the DataLoader - And runs fine from AjaxTools?

Mike

BTW I get the same behavior whether I run it from the DataLoader GUI or from the CLI

Message Edited by Megachuckmc on 06-08-2009 05:02 PM

I'm not sure what is going on but I have a SOQL query that reutrns all columns when I run the Query in the Apex Explorer, but when I use the same query in an Apex DataLoader Extract process it skips some of the columns and does not return any kind of error message.

Here is what I have:

<entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="SELECT Opportunity.Name, PricebookEntry.ProductCode, Opportunity.Account.Name, Opportunity.Probability, Opportunity.ExpectedRevenue, Opportunity.Type, Opportunity.HasOpportunityLineItem, Opportunity.Fiscal_Period__c,  Quantity, UnitPrice, TotalPrice
FROM OpportunityLineItem
 WHERE Opportunity.StageName = 'Forecasted' AND Opportunity.Probability > 0"/>

The results ignore the: Quantity, UnitPrice, TotalPrice fields from the OpportunityLineItem object

But when I run in the Apex Explorer it returns all columns (!)

Any help would be appreciated... My head hurts!

Thanks in Advance!

Mike

I just downloaded the newest version of the "Sales Quotes with Line Items" App from AppExchange and am not seeing the "Quote Amount" field in the rRlated List on the Opportunity.

I just did a plain vanilla install and have not customized anything yet... 

Any clues?

I'm setting up the process-conf.xml file to set up a series of Upsert processes and can't find a Configuraton Parameter for Related Objects...

'sfdc.externalIdField' allows me to specify the External ID field used for data matching which in the GUI corresponds to

Step 2a: Choose your field to use for matching --> sfdc.externalIdField

Step 2b: Choose your related objects --> ???

I can't find any mention of this in any of the Data Loader documentation...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Mike

I'll start with the oft-used disclaimer... I'm not an Apex developer... have never written any Apex code etc... But I'm trying to do something that would appear to be simple but everywhere I look it says that what I want to do can only be done with an Apex Trigger... So... I have a custome Object called SalesOrderHeaders which captures information from our ERP system using the Apex Data Loader. One of those fields is the 'Account Name' which was of course is set up as a Lookup field with a relationship to Accounts. The value for 'Account Name' that comes out of the ERP system is simply a name (i.e. Yahoo Inc.) but when I attempt to Upsert this into my SaleOrderHeaders object in SFdc, it wants the Accound ID value rather than the actual text value of the field.

Using Apex Data Loader 14.0 I get an error message trying to run from the CLI...

"Empty salesforce.com username specified."

The problem is that this worked before...!

Any clues as to where/what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 14.0\bin>process ../conf
2009-03-23 12:12:55,604 INFO  [main] controller.Controller initLog (Controller.java:388) - The log has been initialized
2009-03-23 12:12:55,635 INFO  [main] controller.Controller initConfig (Controller.java:343) - The controller config has been initialized
2009-03-23 12:12:55,635 INFO  [main] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:102) - Initializing process engine
2009-03-23 12:12:55,635 INFO  [main] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:105) - Loading parameters
2009-03-23 12:12:55,635 INFO  [main] config.LastRun load (LastRun.java:101) - Last run info will be saved in file: C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 14.0\bin\..\conf\null_lastRun.properties
2009-03-23 12:12:55,651 INFO  [main] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:114) - Logging in to:
https://test.salesforce.com
2009-03-23 12:12:55,667 ERROR [main] client.PartnerClient setBindingProperties (PartnerClient.java:268) - Empty salesforce.com username specified.  Please make sure that parameter sfdc.username is set to correct username.
2009-03-23 12:12:55,667 ERROR [main] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:150) - Empty salesforce.com username specified.  Please make sure that parameter sfdc.username is set to correct username.

Mike

I'm trying to create a Workflow rule which does the following:

When a new record is created the workflow will search to find a previously created record which is related to the new record and then take the value in a field from the new record and update the corresponding field on the old record.

Or more specifically...
1) When a new Sales Order is created in my ERP system our integration tool creates a "Sales Order" record in Salesforce. We are using the Scribe integration tool and Sales Order object that they have implemented.

2) One of the fields on the Sales Order record is "Fulfillment Date" which comes over as blank.  Weeks later when the order actually ships the ERP creates an "Invoice" record in Salesforce in which the "Fulfillment Date" is now filled in with the shipping Date.

3) There is a field on both the Sales Order and Invoice record called "Master Number" which effectively ties these two records together.

What I want to be able to do is take the value from the "Fulfillment Date" field on the Invoice record and populate it onto the "Sales Order" record.

Any help or suggestions would be greatle appreciated!

Mike
We want to exclude all but administrators from creating New Accounts. I created a simple S-Control (I'm not a "real" programmer) and did an override on the New Button on the Accounts Home Page. The message simple tells the user that only the Admin can create an account and instructs them to do such and such.

Works fine, but...

I have also effectively overridden my ability as Admin to Create a New Account! I have seperate Account Page Layouts for Users and Admins but that only affects the Detail Page.

so maybe a better way to ask the question is:

Can I (and if so how) take away the ability of my users to create New Accounts while at the same time not locking myself out?

Am I missing something obvious here?
Can anybody shed some light here for me?

The "Mass Delete" function for Products does not work in SFdc !

So I figure I'll do it with Excel Connector but that doesn't appear to work either!

Here is what I am seeing:

Sometimes the Delete Object works and sometimes I get the following error message:

Error generated by request:: One of the records in the batch call resulted in
an error.  Examine the records to determine which one(s) failed.
Exception Code : 51202

I can try again with records that failed and sometimes it will say that the object has been Deleted.
However when I go in to SFdc nothing has been deleted!

I have tried all kinds of different combinations of Product, Product2, Pricebook Entry, and nothing that I do will
let me Delete Products.

HELP!:smileymad:
I'm trying to delete records from the Product2 Table, which works intermittently...

I keep getting an Exception Code: 5102 which says:

Error generated by request:: One of the records in the batch call resulted in an error.
Examine the records to determine which one(s) failed.
Exception Code: 5102

As is always the case I am the only one in the universe who has ever seen this error as a search across all Salesforce board brings up zilch!

Anybody out there clue me in to what the heck the message might mean?  And more importantly why the delete function intermittenly fails with this exception (actually fails 5 times for every time it works)?

Thanks once again!
Mike
This question comes from a guy who is not a developer (per se) but understands enough to implement things with a little help.... :smileywink:

What is the minimal amount of code that I would need to get Apex Email services started.  The need we are trying to solve is basically along the lines of the Email-to-case solution.  We get lots of requests from our Sales guys and just want to create "Cases" from the emails, which don't get lost like emails! Nothing fancy!

Any bits of sample code would be greatly appreciated, (along with a basic instructions for how to implement the code)

Thanks in advance!
Mike

Sorry in advance for the venting :smileymad:

Trying to create a simple workflow rule to trigger an email alert - Pretty simple right? 
Wrong!
AND(ISPICKVAL( Type__c , "Shipment"), Promise_Date__c > TODAY(), Promise_Date__c <> 2009/09/09)
Error: Incorrect parameter for function <>(). Expected Date, received Number

No matter what format I put for the date I get this stupid message "Expected Date, received Number"

I've tried:
2009-09-09
09-09-2009
2009/09/09
09/09/2009

So I surround the dates in quotes:

"09/09/2009"
'09/09/2009'

Guess what!
Error: Incorrect parameter for function <>(). Expected Date, received Text

Tried searching in the Help section
Dates, Date formats, date formats in formulas, etc.
No help at all!

Tried searching on all of the different Successforce boards
Guess what!  I'm the only person that has ever received this message because it doesn't exist anywhere on any of the sites!
I did find one reference to: Expected DateTime, received Number
But that was of no help because my issue is not with Date vs. DateTime

So back to subject of my message... Why is it so hard to find answers to simple questions...?

I'm praying that it was right under my nose all of the time but I was just too tired to see it.  But until then :smileymad:

It seems like it should be possible to create a Formula field in one Object that derives its value from a field in another Object...

Example:

A field called "TestFoo" in Opportunities is a formula field that takes it's value from the "FooTest" field in Accounts...

Is this possible?  - If so what is the syntax for defining the foreign object field since it does not appear in the Select Field Type dropdown in the formula Editor

--------------------------------------------------------------------

In this case I have two custom objects: "Sales Order" and "Sales Order Item" 

In the formula editor my only choices are the Object that I am working in (Sales Order) and other objects like:

$System

$User

etc.

If this makes sense...I want to create fields in the "Sales Order Object" that derive their value from the "Sales Order Item" object.

How can I create a Formula field that grabs a value from another object?

In the formula editor my only choices are the Object that I am working in (Sales Order) and other objects like:

$System

$User

etc.

If this makes sense...I want to create fields in the "Sales Order Object" that derive their value from the "Sales Order Item" object.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

:smileymad:

This is actually part of a bigger problem that I am trying to solve with Email Templates that won't allow me to get Merge fields from more than one object in the same template.

i.e. I create an email template that uses my Sales Order object...  the interface lets me select and insert merge fields from other objects both Standard and Custom... but those merge fields don't actually show up when I see the email

Any thought on either would be greatly appreciated

I'm setting up the process-conf.xml file to set up a series of Upsert processes and can't find a Configuraton Parameter for Related Objects...

'sfdc.externalIdField' allows me to specify the External ID field used for data matching which in the GUI corresponds to

Mike

I start with the requisite... "I'm not a developer but have been doing this long enough that with a little help I can probably get it done..." disclaimer!

I'm am trying to create a process which I think should be a fairly straightforward (see disclaimer above!)

Here is what I want to do: Create a solution where the user can submit a customer PO to our Order entry people via email with an attachment.  without going into too much detail this is how we currently submit PO's but it's done via email and outside of SFdc and so we lose visibility when something books and thus should be decremented from the Forecast...

So ideally when the user goes into an Opportunity and marks the Stage as 'Booked' they are presented with a form that gives them some basic information... "Please attach your customer PO and send to PO Approval desk..."

The user then fills out the form (Ship Date, Contact info, Ship to, etc.) and attaches the document (e-fax) and hits send and an email is then sent to a predetermined email address in the company.

I'm thinking that this can either be done with a workflow rule that triggers off of a change to the Stage field ('Booked') and I know how to do this, but my only choices are to send an email alert, create a Task, or do a Field update.... OR with a Button on the Opportunity (like "Send PO") which then marks the Opportunity as Booked... Pops up a window/form, etc. and so on.  I don't know Java so it seems like creating a Visual Force Page would be the only other option.

Anyway, if any of you kind souls have some feedback, help, suggestions, code samples, etc.  it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

I'm having the hardest time trying to get what I believe should be an easy answer regarding a SOQL query that doesn't work in the Apex DataLoader (14.0)

A query created with Ajax Tools (2.0) returns expected results but when I run the query in the DataLoader I get a "Malformed Query" error.  This is the case whether I run it with the DataLoader GUI or from the CLI.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Mike

This is driving me nuts!

A query that I create and test in Ajax Tools returns the information I desire... the same query launched from Apex DataLoader gives me a 'Malformed Query' error (with no meaningful details!)   Here is the SOQL query, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

SELECT Account.Name, Name, Amount, 

(SELECT Quantity, UnitPrice, TotalPrice FROM OpportunityLineItem)

FROM Opportunity

Unless I'm blind (or insane) this query is formed exactly as shown on Page 106 of the Force.com Cookbook

So why does it fail when run from the DataLoader - And runs fine from AjaxTools?

Mike

BTW I get the same behavior whether I run it from the DataLoader GUI or from the CLI

Message Edited by Megachuckmc on 06-08-2009 05:02 PM

I'm not sure what is going on but I have a SOQL query that reutrns all columns when I run the Query in the Apex Explorer, but when I use the same query in an Apex DataLoader Extract process it skips some of the columns and does not return any kind of error message.

Here is what I have:

<entry key="sfdc.extractionSOQL" value="SELECT Opportunity.Name, PricebookEntry.ProductCode, Opportunity.Account.Name, Opportunity.Probability, Opportunity.ExpectedRevenue, Opportunity.Type, Opportunity.HasOpportunityLineItem, Opportunity.Fiscal_Period__c,  Quantity, UnitPrice, TotalPrice
FROM OpportunityLineItem
 WHERE Opportunity.StageName = 'Forecasted' AND Opportunity.Probability > 0"/>

The results ignore the: Quantity, UnitPrice, TotalPrice fields from the OpportunityLineItem object

But when I run in the Apex Explorer it returns all columns (!)

Any help would be appreciated... My head hurts!

Thanks in Advance!

Mike

I just downloaded the newest version of the "Sales Quotes with Line Items" App from AppExchange and am not seeing the "Quote Amount" field in the rRlated List on the Opportunity.

I just did a plain vanilla install and have not customized anything yet... 

Any clues?

Mike

Using Apex Data Loader 14.0 I get an error message trying to run from the CLI...

"Empty salesforce.com username specified."

The problem is that this worked before...!

Any clues as to where/what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 14.0\bin>process ../conf
2009-03-23 12:12:55,604 INFO  [main] controller.Controller initLog (Controller.java:388) - The log has been initialized
2009-03-23 12:12:55,635 INFO  [main] controller.Controller initConfig (Controller.java:343) - The controller config has been initialized
2009-03-23 12:12:55,635 INFO  [main] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:102) - Initializing process engine
2009-03-23 12:12:55,635 INFO  [main] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:105) - Loading parameters
2009-03-23 12:12:55,635 INFO  [main] config.LastRun load (LastRun.java:101) - Last run info will be saved in file: C:\Program Files\salesforce.com\Apex Data Loader 14.0\bin\..\conf\null_lastRun.properties
2009-03-23 12:12:55,651 INFO  [main] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:114) - Logging in to:
https://test.salesforce.com
2009-03-23 12:12:55,667 ERROR [main] client.PartnerClient setBindingProperties (PartnerClient.java:268) - Empty salesforce.com username specified.  Please make sure that parameter sfdc.username is set to correct username.
2009-03-23 12:12:55,667 ERROR [main] process.ProcessRunner run (ProcessRunner.java:150) - Empty salesforce.com username specified.  Please make sure that parameter sfdc.username is set to correct username.

Mike

We want to exclude all but administrators from creating New Accounts. I created a simple S-Control (I'm not a "real" programmer) and did an override on the New Button on the Accounts Home Page. The message simple tells the user that only the Admin can create an account and instructs them to do such and such.

Works fine, but...

I have also effectively overridden my ability as Admin to Create a New Account! I have seperate Account Page Layouts for Users and Admins but that only affects the Detail Page.

so maybe a better way to ask the question is:

Can I (and if so how) take away the ability of my users to create New Accounts while at the same time not locking myself out?

Am I missing something obvious here?
When I go to download the excel connector from http://sforce.sourceforge.net/excel/index.htm...

i download office toolkit 3.0 and unzip the file, it tells me that i should find the "sforce_connect.xla" in the instructions but i only see "sforce office toolkit.msi" in the zip file.  where do i find the sforce_connect.xla file?

I have office 2007, is that the reason why?

link to instructions
http://sforce.sourceforge.net/excel/index.htm

How can I create a Formula field that grabs a value from another object?

$System

$User

etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is actually part of a bigger problem that I am trying to solve with Email Templates that won't allow me to get Merge fields from more than one object in the same template.

i.e. I create an email template that uses my Sales Order object...  the interface lets me select and insert merge fields from other objects both Standard and Custom... but those merge fields don't actually show up when I see the email

Any thought on either would be greatly appreciated

This should be simple but...

I want to display the time in hours from when a Case is Opened and when it is closed.

Elapsed Time (Number) = ClosedDate -  CreatedDate

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I'm just getting started with Visual force and am following exactly the steps in the HelloWorld demo that they just did in the Webinar...

But when I go to turn off standardStyleSheets 

<apex:page standardStyleSheets="false">

I get the following error message:

Error: Unsupported attribute standardstylesheets in <apex:page>

Am I crazy?

Mike