• 64 Points
  • Member since 2012

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

What is Action support and Action pollar in V.F?

Hi All,

I am new to Salesforce Developer, I need the information about Apex Programming. Kindly any body please tell me where to start Apex Programming and also tell me any reference books. I need to learn Apex programming within a week so kindly guide me for this,

Regrads,

Lavanya.

Dear Masters,

Can anyone have used accesskey attribute ever? I have a requirement where in I have two buttons 1. Search and 2. Create New. When a user enters some search text in input textbox and click on enter it is navigating to create new page (i.e it is calling Create new button). Where in i need Search button to be called.

I have tried with couple of approaches, it is not working :-(

Any suggestions Please..

Thanks in advance!

Hi All,

If Data.com is enabled for an organization, then we can add “Get Contacts” button in Account Page layout.

I had a requirement where in I am not using standard Account Page layouts. I have built custom visualforce page for fulfillment of other logic. Now I need Data.com functionality as well for Account. Data.com is enabled for our organization and users.

Can anyone help me how to get “Get Contacts” and “Clean” buttons and their functionality on my custom visual force page(Account Detail Page). Let me know whether we can achieve this functionality for Custom Visualforce page?

If Yes..how?

Thanks in Advance!!

Hi All,

Struggling to figure out the solution for a requirement.

I have one picklist field called “Select Language” with LOV’s i.e. Chinese, German, Spanish etc..Based on end user language selection, the rest of the fields in that particular section of custom VF page need to be translated to that desired language accordingly.

Can we achieve this functionality with translation workbench? Anyone came across the same scenario? Please suggest…

Hi Folks,

Could anybody shoot the correct answer for this? I faced this question in my Certification.

Q2. Which is the part of Force.com platform (Choose 3 answers)

1. Force.com IDE
  2. Sandbox
  3.  Metadata API
  4. Workflows

Hi Folks,

Could anybody shoot the correct answer for this? I faced this question in my Certification.

Q1. Adoption dashboards would track (Choose only one answer)

1. Only User logins and call activity
  2. Only call activity and data quality
  3.  On Standard objects
  4. On executive metrics

I guess both the 1 and 2 are correct answers, Please clarify!!

Hi,

Interview Question: Awaiting replies from experts

Will the following snippet work ?

public class insst1
{

public void sav()

{

for(integer i=0;i<250;i++)
{
Lead c=new lead();
c.FirstName='Mr'+i;
c.company='XYZ';
insert c;
}

}
}

Hi,

Interview Question: Awaiting replies from experts

Will the following trigger work ?

trigger tgrCounter on Mileage__c (after insert, after update) {

List MilToupdate = new List();

for(Mileage__cMlg : Trigger.new){

Mlg.Counter__c = Mlg.Counter__c+1;

MilToupdate.add(Mlg);

}

updateMilToupdate;

}

Hi,

Interview question: Awaiting replies from experts

Q: I have the following requirement. Please write a trigger for it

I have two objects Leave_Application__c and Leave__c 

Leave__c has Master Detail relationship with Leave_Application__c

There is a picklist field in Leave_Application__c object named Status__c

Now whenever a Status__c field is updated to the value "Approved"  a recordshould be created in Leave__c object . Newly created record will have one field that is Leave_Application_No__c and that should be set to the trigger ID.

Hi Salesforce Gurus,

I want to know which relationship is maintained between Salesforce standard objects i.e Account, contact and Case Solution, Campaign lead, etc,... Is it Master detail relationship or look up relationship? One of my buddy having 6 years of experience in Salesforce.com said that "there is no such relationship is maintained in between Salesforce standard objects, These relationships are meant for only custom objects.." Is  it true?  If the relationship is Master detail, it will not follow few things, like master is mandatory while creating the contact record and if we delete account record contact record is not deleted, Could anybody explored on this?? If anybody came across please share a document or any URL saying about relationships for Standard objects in Salesforce.com. Thank you in advance!!

Hi Salesforce Gurus,

How to access custom settings? Custom settings data can then be used by formula fields, validation rules, Apex, and the Web services API only?? Can't we access custom settings in our Visualforce page? if we can, How to access it on our visual force page?

Hi Salesforce Gurus,

How to build Dynamic SOSL queries? Let’s say I have one requirement where, there are two fields, by which we search for a few ample of records.  

Requirement-1: If end user search with only single field value keeping other field empty also, he would be able to get some records as a search results.

Requirement-2: if end user may give the both the fields value and search again, that time also he would be able to get some records as a search results.

How to build Dynamic SOSL query for this? Anybody can help me out in this scenario??

Hi,

Interview question: Can we write SOQL query in validation rule? Can anybody answer it for me?

Hello,

Let say i have one visual force page with Constructor, Getter and Setter methods, What is the order of execution of these methods, it is an interview question which i faced..

Regards,

Sujan

Hi,

Can we replace the standard salesforce home page with our own custom Visualforce page? can anybody answer for me please..

Regards,

Sujan

What is a security token? How many characters it contain? An interview question it is? Could anybody please answer it for me?

Regards

Sujan

Hello Everyone,

Firstly i introduce myself to all.. I am Sujan kumar Reddy, recently cleared 401 certification. But i am not aware of how projects are executed actually in Salesforce? Is Custom Objects are need to be created mandatorily? Earlier i was into Insurance projects, Can anyone who developed insurence projects, can i know what custom objects you have created in your projects? and how your project execution will be? 

I will be so thankful to them who have given me reply for this post!!

Thank you, 

Sujan.

Hello Team,

I am planning to take ADM 401 Certification, and preparing for that, But i need to clear one thing from you guyz, that what is the validity of that certification and how can we retain the validity once it got expired. i''ve searched in web, but i couldn't able to find it. can anybody please let me know this? Thanks in advance..

Warm Regards,

Sujan

Hi Salesforce Gurus,

I want to know which relationship is maintained between Salesforce standard objects i.e Account, contact and Case Solution, Campaign lead, etc,... Is it Master detail relationship or look up relationship? One of my buddy having 6 years of experience in Salesforce.com said that "there is no such relationship is maintained in between Salesforce standard objects, These relationships are meant for only custom objects.." Is  it true?  If the relationship is Master detail, it will not follow few things, like master is mandatory while creating the contact record and if we delete account record contact record is not deleted, Could anybody explored on this?? If anybody came across please share a document or any URL saying about relationships for Standard objects in Salesforce.com. Thank you in advance!!

The ALM module references a free App Exchange app called Change Control, which I don't see on te App Exchange. Does it go by a different name?
Hi,

I want to get the First Name of the Contact Object. When I go to the Contact Objects Fields, they only have a field called NAME. NAME is a combination of (PreFix, First Name and Last Name). 

Is there a way to access the First Name of that conatct from apex code?

Please Help me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

If Data.com is enabled for an organization, then we can add “Get Contacts” button in Account Page layout.

I had a requirement where in I am not using standard Account Page layouts. I have built custom visualforce page for fulfillment of other logic. Now I need Data.com functionality as well for Account. Data.com is enabled for our organization and users.

Can anyone help me how to get “Get Contacts” and “Clean” buttons and their functionality on my custom visual force page(Account Detail Page). Let me know whether we can achieve this functionality for Custom Visualforce page?

If Yes..how?

Thanks in Advance!!

What is Action support and Action pollar in V.F?

What are the ajax components in visualforce?

hai to all ... 

am newbie to salesforce.. am basically siebel developer . just learning sales force by my own.. just i registered myself before 2 minutes ago.

Can any one tell me how is the career for Salesforce In India ?

and also can u suggest what is the pre requisites to learn Salesforce ?

and also please suggest what is the best documentation to study and learn myself and master to salesforce ?

Please reply ur suggestions and ideas to 

jayakumargenius@gmail.com

Hi All,

I am new to Salesforce Developer, I need the information about Apex Programming. Kindly any body please tell me where to start Apex Programming and also tell me any reference books. I need to learn Apex programming within a week so kindly guide me for this,

Regrads,

Lavanya.

Why cannot we have a standard picklist as the dependent picklist and a custom picklist as the controlling picklist ?

• March 19, 2013

I recently cleared my 401 certification and I am trying to keep my developer certification current by appearing for this release exam.
I am new to this release exam thing and as such I need someone who has taken this release exam to help me out with few q's.

a) What is the pattern of this release exam ?.How many questions comprise this exam and what format they will be(multiple choice or essay etc) and what is the passing score ?

b) Should I have to complete this exam in a single web session or can i log out take a break and continue ?.

Thanks for your time !!!

VP

• March 10, 2013

Hi Salesforce Gurus,

Hi Salesforce Gurus,

How to build Dynamic SOSL queries? Let’s say I have one requirement where, there are two fields, by which we search for a few ample of records.  

Requirement-1: If end user search with only single field value keeping other field empty also, he would be able to get some records as a search results.

Requirement-2: if end user may give the both the fields value and search again, that time also he would be able to get some records as a search results.

How to build Dynamic SOSL query for this? Anybody can help me out in this scenario??

Hi,

Interview question: Can we write SOQL query in validation rule? Can anybody answer it for me?

Hello,

Let say i have one visual force page with Constructor, Getter and Setter methods, What is the order of execution of these methods, it is an interview question which i faced..

Regards,

Sujan

Hi,

Can we replace the standard salesforce home page with our own custom Visualforce page? can anybody answer for me please..

Regards,

Sujan

Folks,

I've searched and searched the net for info, but simply can't find anything....

As per the subject line, I cannot seem to query SFDC data in the form of Contacts or Campaigns, yet Account information works fine.

This is my construct and the error message I get - what am I doing wrong?  I get similar results when trying Contacts.   The error seems to point out that Member Name field doesn't exist in SF, yet it does......

Error:  Invalid label -> Member Name

CampaignCampaign Nameequalstest campaign
Campaign IDMember Name  

I want to add a button on edit page of a record (say button which opens an external URL in a new window, may be a a url for reference). How do I achieve so?

There's always option of overriding with visualforce page, but there's lot of pitfalls around that approach (say a new recordtype or field is added, you need to create new visualforcce page or update the page respectively etc)

Any idea on how to achieve this? 

Chirag

Hello All,

How do I enable  multi-currency support for my developer account?

any idea?

Thanks

Message Edited by Dowithforce on 10-20-2009 08:29 AM